UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men First Class moviemates

groundhog7s

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found these today! Magneto is awesome! Great figure and an amazing likeness to boot. Mystique's face is mezmerizing. Love it!

Is anybody watching Game of Thrones on HBO? Am I the only one seeing Jack Gleeson's Joffrey Baratheon here?

post-1173-0-73882200-1307245832_thumb.jppost-1173-0-44636800-1307245846_thumb.jp

Now I just need to see if I can cobble together a good outfit for him....

Picked up Shaw.Xavier and Emma.Havok today. Mostly for fodder. Don't much care for film mates. The whole series was on the peg.

I've got an Xavier body up for trade if anyone needs it to make a uniformed character to go along with the released ones.

I've got an Xavier body up for trade if anyone needs it to make a uniformed character to go along with the released ones.

PM SENT!

I need one more body for Banshee.

I just found a set at my TRU and when I looked at the receipt I realized that I was only charged for two of the four first class sets. I felt bad when I noticed this but what am I going to do, you know?

Does anyone have any ideas for customs to complete the set? I came up with these:

- I figured the Justin Hammer suit for Riptide with the long black hair from Iron Man TTA but what about the head?

- Banshee needs the basic uniform body, and maybe black widow's red hair?

- Darwin? SDCC T2 pack Miles Dyson head & generic clothes?

- Angel is Wasp wings but what about the rest for her skin tone?

- Justin Hammer head for original Hank McCoy, Ghostbusters Mayor body.

Banshee's hair could easily be that of that one Venom with a powerhouse chest... Transformation Venom I think?

And if you want to do his wings, TRU Namor or Black Bolt's could work. Or repurpose that old Batman fold-out cape somehow.

Hehe... For Banshee's screaming head I dare you to use the T-1000' "HOLY S*** I JUST GOT BLOWN UP!" look! :D

GB Mayor body with a classic labcoat from someone like boxset FF or the old Wave 1 Bruce Banner. I don't know who else used it. It would work for Beast's first appearance.

If you want to do Magneto from his scene where he obliterates the boat, check into Armored Cap's undersuit. The blue one.

Yaknow... it just hit me how clever DST was with this wave. They gave us enough figures that we could easily QC most of the rest of the main cast while giving us the two primary characters of Xavier and Magneto. The hardest characters to QC would have been Beast, Havok, Azazel, and Mystique so they gave us them. Shaw was the villain so they had to give us him. X and Mags were the main characters so they gave us them. And Emma was a huge presence so she might as well be in there as well (no matter how damn boring she was in the movie. Seriously f**k that character.)

Everyone else can pretty well be QC'd from what we have already. It's a smart move with this wave I must say as if you get multiple Xavier/Shaw sets you can customize most any of the rest of the X-men and Shaw has a suit. Always useful to have another suit for parts bin.

Anyone else going to track down a Dark Magneto and see if they can use the parts from him along with some other Magnetos to make a End-Of-Film Magneto? After all, the helmet of Dark Mags fits well with this Mags as his helmet is just a repaint of Dark Mags.

I just got back from seeing this, and I have to say I am disappointed we are only getting this one wave. Banshee, Moira, Riptide, Angel, Final Magneto (especially), and Darwin could all use some Minimate love. Now I need to find a better hairpiece for Havok. I think a movie Cap hairpiece might work.

I found these today! Magneto is awesome! Great figure and an amazing likeness to boot. Mystique's face is mezmerizing. Love it!

Is anybody watching Game of Thrones on HBO? Am I the only one seeing Jack Gleeson's Joffrey Baratheon here?

post-1173-0-73882200-1307245832_thumb.jppost-1173-0-44636800-1307245846_thumb.jp

I think the mate looks more like Joffrey than Havok right now. Let me know when you find a suitable body.

Edited by Turtle

OMG, I was at TRU about 20 minutes ago and was gazing through these sets and saw the havok figure and immediately recognized the face but couldn't quite place why it looked familiar!

You saint you!

Saw the movie today. Liked it a lot. Can't wait for these to hit my TRU. Need to finish team and make some characters in other outfits(oh and naked Mystique). Also enjoyed cameoes. I thought Riptide looked more like Shinobi(thought it should've been). Sucks we're not getting more.Whoever's going to SDCC harrass the crap out of DST to release a second wave. :D

Dangit.

I originally got these mostly out of support for the line, and fully expected to throw all of them in my custom fodder bin.

I saw the movie last night, and it was amazing. Now I'm going to need more sets for customs, because these are all going on the shelf. :lol:

I was feeling the same way before seeing the film. Now i really want a Banshee, Moria, Riptide & Angel!

Even though I would prefer a comics-accurate movie, so that I won't constantly have to tell people who've only seen the movies that they are wrong about most X-Men facts, I have to swallow my pride and admit that I was wrong when I told everyone that this movie would suck. Despite, missing all of my favorite characters, this movie really entertained me! So when I went to TRU today, I bought all of these minimates (and I NEVER buy movie versions). In case anyone wants to see any more pics...Here are my inventory pics:

post-2001-0-63708600-1307410593_thumb.jp post-2001-0-01356200-1307410627_thumb.jppost-2001-0-94243300-1307410684_thumb.jppost-2001-0-61050800-1307410658_thumb.jp

post-2001-0-90049100-1307410715_thumb.jppost-2001-0-08056200-1307410758_thumb.jppost-2001-0-59458900-1307410781_thumb.jppost-2001-0-56317100-1307410807_thumb.jp

Saw the movie last night with my lady. We both really enjoyed it, great fun. Also loved the cameos.

Looking forward to hopefully getting my hands on these mates.

Matthew Vaughan clearly can do no wrong at the moment, anyone know what his next project is?

Snagged these as well in SW Washington yesterday. I wasn't going to buy these either, but my daughter is absolutely gaga over the movie and it swayed my wallet. All in all an ok set, just severely lacking in added extras to make them worth the price.

I just got back from seeing this, and I have to say I am disappointed we are only getting this one wave. Banshee, Moira, Riptide, Angel, Final Magneto (especially), and Darwin could all use some Minimate love. Now I need to find a better hairpiece for Havok. I think a movie Cap hairpiece might work.

Havok's hair is definitely closer to Movie Steve Rogers than the minimate version:

post-653-0-12466700-1307487028_thumb.jpg

post-653-0-35978600-1307487055_thumb.jpg

*Thanks to Minimate Database for the Captain America image

Edited by Joe Hill

Hoping these arrive tomorrow, loved the film (i've seen it twice already, far exceeded my expectations. just a wonderful, wonderful movie. Bacon's Shaw was amazing)

Like most of us, i've taken to QC-ing the rest of the cast. If anyone is interested in recipes:

Riptide:

Silver Centurion hairpiece

MAX Pilot head

IM2 Tuxedo Stark...everything else...

Angel:

BSG TRU Eight hairpiece

Spirit Catsuit Sand Saref head

BSG RAZOR Gina torso

bare arms

Spirit sleeve cuffs

black hands

black legs

Ghostbuster's Theater Ghost Wing-attachment

Moira:

T2 Sarah ponytail

First Appearance Jean Grey head

Silver Fox body (with Sharpie'd straps and little button things)

T2 Future John Conner belt and lower body

BSG holster and pistol

Hoping these arrive tomorrow, loved the film (i've seen it twice already, far exceeded my expectations. just a wonderful, wonderful movie. Bacon's Shaw was amazing)

Like most of us, i've taken to QC-ing the rest of the cast. If anyone is interested in recipes:

Riptide:

Silver Centurion hairpiece

MAX Pilot head

IM2 Tuxedo Stark...everything else...

Angel:

BSG TRU Eight hairpiece

Spirit Catsuit Sand Saref head

BSG RAZOR Gina torso

bare arms

Spirit sleeve cuffs

black hands

black legs

Ghostbuster's Theater Ghost Wing-attachment

Moira:

T2 Sarah ponytail

First Appearance Jean Grey head

Silver Fox body (with Sharpie'd straps and little button things)

T2 Future John Conner belt and lower body

BSG holster and pistol

Pics, please.

Here is Havok with better hair:

post-653-0-00938500-1307516695_thumb.jpg

Here is my makeshift Banshee until I find a glider cape for him:

post-653-0-97091600-1307516701_thumb.jpg

How about repainting a Photon cape. Reminds me more of the 616 Banshee's, but may be a suitable stand-in.

fig0889flg.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

The problem with Namor/Black Bolt wings is the way they are a jagged, accordion style, but I don't think that'd be a deal breaker. Photon's cape would work too. It really is a shame that expectations for the movie were so low. I wonder if TRU will see solid sales of these given they're the only mass market items out there?

would Storms cape would work in lieu of Photons?

great QCs all around

Storm's cape might work. I can't think of a way to attach a plastic cape to his wrists without losing movement.

Sunspot's hair painted orange/red could work for Banshee's hair:

post-653-0-09077700-1307586105_thumb.jpg

post-653-0-59897000-1307586176_thumb.jpg

*Thanks to Minimate Database for the image.

Edited by Joe Hill