UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men First Class moviemates

groundhog7s

I went to the Melrose Park, IL TRU and the Schaumburg, IL TRU tonight after I heard these were hitting shelves. Didn't find them at either, HOWEVER... I did find both the Morph and Blink sets from wave 10 at Melrose Park (bought both so... they're gone now) and a full restock of Captain America movie mates at Schaumburg (I bought one set of Gabe and Dum Dum and left the other, so... they're still theoretically there if anyone is looking).

Schaumburg also looked to have a few leavings from a picked over set of Sony mates. like... one or two of the human sets, neither of the cartoon sets. They also had empty hooks labeled for the X-Men minimates, so either the had them already and someone bought ALL of them before I got there, or they're getting them soon, and the hooks were just there pre-emptively waiting.

In any event... I got my Cap mates and Blink set I'd been looking for so... the trip still worked out.

/highfive

Oh and PS. Frankly I'm glad they used Nightcrawler's spiky hair on Azazel. It makes him look more like comic book Azazel. I prefer comic book mates to movie ones, so I like the ones that can make the transition more easily. (Not like Blob or Shaw, who look absolutely nothing like their comic counterparts. Which is also the case for... almost every other mate in this wave.)

Edited by Gillbob316

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, these are really about as bare bones as they come! I ordered a couple packs from TRU.com, but was regretting it and figured I would return them. But I dunno. I kind of dig the Havok chest and Mags with the black helmet.

--edit: but now that I look more closely, the black helmet is a re-use of the newer, exaggerated "evil" Magneto helmet (that I see was discussed a page back). So, one of the two extra sculpted parts aren't even accurate to the movie. Meh.--

Edited by karamazov80

I'm debating whether or not I want to order these from TRU.com or just wait for them to show up in the store... moviemates usually don't seem all that hard to come by at my toys r us (They still have the Iron Man 2 Wave 2 exclusives)... and the fact that these are packed evenly makes me think it'll probably be even easier...

Anyone got any good Toysrus.com coupon codes? That might potentially sway me.

Those look pretty cool, but the yellow on the costume looks a quite a bit different from the promo pictures.

It reminds me of the ML Sentry figure, the original was a dark yellow then they made a running change to the lemon yellow.

I don't understand why they changed Azazel 's hair piece to Nightcrawlers, the only thing I can think of is they used it because of the pointy ears. On the other hand Azazel had spiky hair in the comics.

Anyone else notice that Emma is one hip holster away from being a PERFECT Agent 13? I mean, seriously. I'm buying that pack today JUST for my Secret Avengers Sharon Carter.

Oh yeah! I've been saying that since I first saw her.

And now i need to buy two of that set....

Anyone else planning on making an accurate First Class with extra bodies? Magneto/Mystique set seems perfect for spares and it'd be pretty easy to whip up Jean, Scott, and Warren.

Anyone else notice that Emma is one hip holster away from being a PERFECT Agent 13? I mean, seriously. I'm buying that pack today JUST for my Secret Avengers Sharon Carter.

Anyone else planning on making an accurate First Class with extra bodies? Magneto/Mystique set seems perfect for spares and it'd be pretty easy to whip up Jean, Scott, and Warren.

i stated this was my plan from the begining, i will be using hydra soldier helmets for their masks

Curse you TRU.com! Putting up the other two 2 packs just a few days after I placed a big order! I normally wouldn't order from TRU.com because I used to work directly next to a TRU and could go practically every day, but I changed jobs and only get to my TRU infrequently now so when sets are actually in stock online then it is just easier to order there.

Damn it! I wasn't initially interested in this wave but the more I see of it, the more I want it. Even if he isn't as good as he could be, as a Nightcrawler fan I do want Azazel for my collection...

Maybe if I ahve some money left over I might look into it.

Not a bad idea. I was gonna get an extra set to whip up a QC Banshee . . . but now you have me thinking i may need a few more sets . . . :yes:

I got the havok / white queen pack

which is now my agent 13. and havok. well he is in the parts bin.

moc847.

I will be getting a spare set for that reason as well....plus I want spares of the x uniforms for a plan I have....glad to hear they are turning up in stores

Jeff of the Miniacs

Found a full case of these at the Melrose Park, IL Toys R Us today...

Bought one set of all four. Took them out to my car for a "Make sure none of these are f'ed up" examination. Magneto failed. Lol. Went back in and exchanged him. The paint tampos on his helmet were only half done, so half his helmet was trimmed in silver, and the other half was just unpainted black. Looked really stupid. Didn't notice before I got him out of the package, 'cause his helmet is mostly concealed.

So anyway, for anyone that lives nearby, there should be one full set still at that TRU right now, and one additional pack of every set but Magneto and Mystique. (Unless of course they just sealed the one I returned back up and re-shelved it. In which case, if you see two Magnetos on the shelf, be wary.)

So just friendly advice to everyone. Try to give your Magneto's helmets a look before you buy them. You can see them pretty well if you tilt the package. I just didn't think to do that before I bought mine.

I expect it will... I think X-Men First Class is the best superhero movie Marvel have put out to date!

Don't want to spoil it for anyone, but there's a bit were... well I can't say, but that one bit made the movie 10 times better!

Dang! i'm gonna have to see if i can Custom up a Riptide & Angel custom now - just to help round out the cast (As well as a Moira & Banshee custom)

Very enjoyable film. I'm really liking how they are tying the x-men movie-verse together (with the exception of XMOW, which this films seems to mostly ignore :thumbsup: )

Edited by Nessex