UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men First Class moviemates

groundhog7s

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a Miscellaneous Q&A up today, and a few items related to First Class Minimates:

Make mine Miscellaneous… in this week’s Q&A! ‘Nuff said!

Will Tippen

If X-Men First Class is successful, any chance you’ll produce an expanded line of products? (Busts, Marvel Select, etc)

DSTChuck: Sorry Will, with the timing of everything we were only able to secure rights to Minimates.

James S

Will there be any variant figures for the xmen first class minimates? Possibly a diamond skin Emma, a “human” mystique, or normal Hank? Also, are you really not making a banshee or Moira?!? Isnt banshee one of the pivotal characters? And (lastly) could you fill us geeks in on any accessories that will be coming with them? Thanks guys

DSTChuck: No there are no variants planned at this time in the First Class line. The only accessories of note I can think of are Magneto’s helmet and Azazel’s “bamf”.

Astonishing Beast needs the nose.

This one...looks weird.

And, I don't think Azazel's hairpiece is exactly GSXM Nightcrawler's. It's close, but it's not as pointy up top. And I think the ears are bigger.

I'm fairly certain its the same piece. It does look v.pointy due to the angle, if you look at the old Nightcrawler the same way (from every so slightly below) it is that way. The ears look a little bigger, but I think this is due to the brighter colour, as well as the fact there seems to be orange paint on an area which was considered hair on the NC mate (as in... they've painted over his sideburns)

I wonder if Magnetos helmet will be shinny like the TRU Magnetos??

from what we've seen, it looks pretty much a matt black with silver, right?

Just saw these and really not impressed with them. They seem rather bland, unless the accessories they come with make them better, I'm passing on these.....at least from these 4 figures.

I think Chuck said the only accessories these guys would be getting would be a Bamf base for Azazel & a Helmet for Mags :(

• 3 weeks later...

The First Class set looks nice, but I've got the original costumes for these guys, so these're just superflous for me. The Iceman does look really snazzy, though, so I'll pick these up when the price goes down a little on ebay. They're great looking, but not a MUST HAVE.

Those movie 'mates are really civilianny, I agree. Maybe I'll change my mind after the movie... but unless I can think up a reason to have 'em to supplement my comic 'mates, I see myself skipping these. Which, again, is too bad. They don't look crappy... they just aren't what I'd like. *shrugs*

Emma Frost is nice, I think shes the best version we have gotten so far---at least she has her own hair this time. Also Mystic is nice too. Those are the 2 sets I got off of TRU's website. They do look much better in person.

I still think I would have preferred this costume for Emma. Also, as much as I love Mystique, I'm a little concerned. Is she a kid in this movie? Isn't she supposed to be older than magneto? It would have been nice if they'd brought back Rebecca Romijn. But whatever. Still looking forward to it. These Mates will look nice with my other X-men movie mates.:)

xmenfirstclass-15-januaryjones.jpg

I don't know who that actress is, but she's very attractive. Maybe it's that hip '60s hair.

If they drew Emma Frost like this woman looks (face, not breasts you pervs!) I'd actually understand why Cyclops is attracted to her.

Her name is January Jones FYI.

I don't know who that actress is, but she's very attractive. Maybe it's that hip '60s hair.

If they drew Emma Frost like this woman looks (face, not breasts you pervs!) I'd actually understand why Cyclops is attracted to her.

Attractive ??? Trust me it's not her 60's hair it's simply a case of her being f*ck-off gorgeous .

Also, as much as I love Mystique, I'm a little concerned. Is she a kid in this movie? Isn't she supposed to be older than magneto? It would have been nice if they'd brought back Rebecca Romijn. But whatever.

I'm mildly concerned about this too, though more about her being written like a kid rather than looking like one. Bear in mind that canonically Mystique isn't just old, she's old enough to remember her slave days* (and in the comics she lived through a time when lesbianism was still openly frowned upon, which implies... yeah). Fortunately her shape-shifting mutation pretty much gives her a free pass on the "ageless youth" thing, so I don't mind her still looking like a pre-teen at whatever-age-she's-supposed-to-be-in-movie-continuity.

Her acting and thinking like your average teen mutant though? That has me worried. Though I can still imagine this working as long as they don't take things at face value:

What if the whole time Xavier and Magneto recruit her for the "first class" she only pretends to act younger than she really is, like the age equivalent of Obfuscating Stupidity? Conceivably it's possible for them to know about her mutation while not knowing about her real age.

Then once Magneto finally goes evil towards the end of the film, Mystique defects to him by revealing the truth about her past and how devious/crafty she really is, he discovers what a viable asset she really is to his Destroy All Humans scheme, and the rest is history.

_____

* X-Men 3, when she's been depowered and questioned by the government agents and they call her Raven, she says "Don't call me by my slave name" or something like that.

Edited by NorthRaider

That's what I thought too. As for lesbianism being frowned upon... You mean now? :P (I kid.)

She's certainly as old as Wolverine. She's a shape shifter though. She can appear however old she wants. Someone said the only way to tell her real age is to cut her in half and count the rings. So maybe RR really will make an appearance at the end of the movie?