UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men First Class moviemates

groundhog7s

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was gonna say the same thing about banshee's hair, it needs to be shaggy. Another example of the same hair piece that sunspot uses http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=726&n=Magneto -- still don't think that would be perfect but not bad.

Juggernaut has a hairpiece that's shaggy-ish and red http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1115&n=Juggernaut

i was gonna say the same thing about banshee's hair, it needs to be shaggy. Another example of the same hair piece that sunspot uses http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=726&n=Magneto -- still don't think that would be perfect but not bad.

Juggernaut has a hairpiece that's shaggy-ish and red http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1115&n=Juggernaut

almost something like this but obviously with more up to date sculpting http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=172&n=Sam+Gamgee

Juggernaut's hair is probably the best option for people who don't like to paint.

As for the face, I used Chun Li because she was screaming...however, that is mostly just a placeholder since the head looks cartoony and female. The only other "screaming minimates" I can think of are from the Ghostbuster's line... but they would all look too old to be a teen.

As for the face, I used Chun Li because she was screaming...however, that is mostly just a placeholder since the head looks cartoony and female. The only other "screaming minimates" I can think of are from the Ghostbuster's line... but they would all look too old to be a teen.

What about James Howlett?

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=755&n=James+Howlett

You could use that face as his first test flight off the 3rd floor before he went *splat*.

I opened my Magneto set after seeing the movie. Inaccurate thought it may be, it's still pretty nifty.

SDC13189.jpg

Will put my second Mags' helmet on. . .another character that may or may not wear the helmet in the film ;)

Edited by karamazov80

Will put my second Mags' helmet on. . .another character that may or may not wear the helmet in the film ;)

was hoping someone would post this picture... in a spoiler perhaps?

Oh, and as for Banshee again, as for hair, what about the piece that comes with Karma, Nina Myers, etc.

was hoping someone would post this picture... in a spoiler perhaps?

Oh, and as for Banshee again, as for hair, what about the piece that comes with Karma, Nina Myers, etc.

I would post it but no camera. However I can say that it actually DOES look quite good on said character who may or may not exist.

I think it's okay to post this picture and reveal the character's identity... The first guest on Craig Ferguson's show last night was the one who played said character and the two of them talked about "the hat" for several minutes and showed a clip of the character in question wearing it in action.

because unless more then Magneto and (other) wore the helmet and a secret 3rd person is the one we're being coy about that cats out of the bag even if you haven't seen the movie.

Okay, I got these. I love these. You could actually get another Shaw/X set and make Banshee and Thunderhead/whoever out of the spare Shaw suit.

This makes me wonder... Does DST have something against making a Banshee minimate in any form? They didn't make one of him for this series, or for the Giant Size X-Men set... He always seems to be the odd man out.

The DST fan page on Facebook made mention of the AoA banshee recently

Running out of big/distinctively different characters, but AoA SInister will be in the next Marvel wave: http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2011/06/marvel-minimates-continue-with-nimrod-fantomex-betsy-braddock-and-mr-negative/ I wouldn't mind seeing a Colossus, eventually.

Dug out my AoA trades, to see who we missed. Storm! Sugar Man! Banshee! Abyss! Nightcrawler! Angel! Some cool designs, admittedly.

. . . don't know if thats a hint, or just him chatting it up a bit.

This makes me wonder... Does DST have something against making a Banshee minimate in any form? They didn't make one of him for this series, or for the Giant Size X-Men set... He always seems to be the odd man out.

:lol:

I guess we can never tell for sure... for all we know this could be a Human Torch/H.E.R.B.I.E.-type situation.

*holds breath for a future specialty wave with Banshee, possibly with Siryn as the variant*

Finally found these; all except Beast/Azazel. Actually, they had like 6 on the floor but it showed 12. I do commend them for their effort though; i got a rather nice girl who's familiar with me and she tried for 30 minutes to find the rest; even she's confused at where they are. Bright side is that i wanted Beast the least, and there's a truck tomorrow. We shall see....

So glad to have Sebastian Shaw; loved Bacon's portrayal, as you can see by my new avatar. ;)

Okay, I got these. I love these. You could actually get another Shaw/X set and make Banshee and Thunderhead/whoever out of the spare Shaw suit.

Which is funny because Banshee was a prominent character in the early Claremont X-Men, he essentially acts as team leader when they are in Ireland and face Black Tom and Magneto. For me in giant sized boxset I'd rather see Banshee then Thunderbird any day, mainly because Thunderbird lasted all but 3 issues.

Which is funny because Banshee was a prominent character in the early Claremont X-Men, he essentially acts as team leader when they are in Ireland and face Black Tom and Magneto. For me in giant sized boxset I'd rather see Banshee then Thunderbird any day, mainly because Thunderbird lasted all but 3 issues.

Not to mention staring in Gen X for several years. For someone who has appeared in a Dreadful tele-movie, a blockbuster x-men film, been in comic continuity for a good 30+ years & featured repeatedly in what was arguably the most successful x-men cartoon series - he's been strangely overlooked at every turn when it comes to minimates.

Even Marvel Legends waited on releasing him until Toybiz handed over the property to Hasbro. (And that figure was pretty lame when it did finally show up)

For an irish guy, he hasn't had a lot of luck in the toy department recently.

I saw the movie and only remember two wearing the helmet. Who's the third?

There was no third. The third was people speculating on if they missed something. No it was just the two you saw, nothing more.

I hope these sell better because I think it would be cool to get a Final Scene Magneto, Riptide, Angel, Moira. I actually don't really want Banshee that bad from this film, I understand completely for people wanting to finish the team, but I'd MUCH rather have a comic style Banshee, he has a few different looks I think would be cool(Blue/Yellow, Green/Yellow, AoA) and wouldn't want them to write him off if they made him from this and think we don't still need a comic one.