UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men First Class moviemates

groundhog7s

isn't the slave name thing just a reference to her human name, as in... name given/forced upon her? That's what I'd assumed, but certainly prepared to be wrong.

That's what I thought too. Just a rhetorical way of saying "Raven is pretty stupid name." I too have freed myself from the shackles of my slave name and have chosen Turtle as my homo computator name.

Back to the 'mates, they've been catching some flack for being too civiliany, but I think they are less civiliany than the X3 Minimates. I rather like these uniforms am a little bummed we won't get to finish the team as it appears in the movie. I'm still hoping something changes and down the road we get Banshee and Moira and possibly Angel, Darwin, and the Man in Black. It's a shame that Xavier and Magneto aren't packed together to enhance customizing potential.

Edited by Turtle

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emma/Havok and Magneto/Mystique sets are in stock on TRU.com

So they put up half the Sony sets, half the X-men sets and half the Calico sets. So I'm guessing when these are sold out they will put up the rest so you have to pay twice for shipping.

I'm beginning to think that certain minimates waves get split up into different warehouses. The shortpacks/exclusives in one and non-shortpacks in another. Just trying to rationalize why my wave 10 was split up in different orders since they were from different warehouses.

Anyway, I'm holding out for a little bit in hopes the shortpacks show up to avoid the extra shipping. If they get sold out, no big deal. These should be relatively easy to find since it's a movie wave.

But if this is a way to milk money out by holding back the exclusives, that's a very shady business practice.

So I'm guessing when these are sold out they will put up the rest so you have to pay twice for shipping.

I think you're giving them way too much credit for cleverness. For how little they charge for shipping, and how much labor goes into fulfillment, they can't be making money on sending out two shipments where one could have happened. I'd bet it's just the usual inventory bungling... <_<

Back in stock this morning, got an order in!

Now to hope my local TRU gets the other two sets in or they pop up online soon. Will never understand how TRU lists their inventory when they come in set mixed cases...

My order shipped for these two from when I ordered them when they were first in stock over a month ago (and of course they shipped in separate envelopes). How do they even make money off of the smaller stuff they sell on their site?

While their shipping methods are insane, I do know that TRU is able to purchase minimates from Diamond at a much lower price than other retailers.

I know I don't post much, usually just a lurker but thought id let everyone know I went by my local TRU after work yesterday and found these. I actually found a full case of X-Men First Class, a full case of Calico Jack, a full case of Sony mates, a full case of Captain America and one pack each of the latest TRU Marvel wave with Morph,Blink,etc..

So they are out there, happy hunting!

Oh this was in Knoxville, TN. East Towne TRU for anyone local...I did get a pack of everyone of these sets (as well as finding the new marvel universe wave and wave 2 of the captain america figures...spent over $200 yikes) but I don't have any pictures at the moment and doubt ill get a chance to open these for a day or two...if wanted though I can get a quick cell phone pic of the loot or receipt after work today.

I ordered the two that were in stock at tru.com as well as the 2 sets of Sony minimates that they had and some of the Calico Jack sets so that I could use a 10 dollar off of 50 coupon. I was hoping with the new stuff that showed up at my TRU this last week that these would have been there as well but oh well, I will have to pick up the other two First Class sets when they show up at the store (although I am still confused as to why they didn't have all the sets on the website)

I managed to find a full case of these, Calico Jack and Sony today at my local TRU. Every pack has the TRU exclusive sticker and each was 3 per case. Glad to see there were no short packs of any of these. They look awesome in the package!

Azazel looks to be the let down of the series. Beast doesn't look very accurate - but at least he has the more modern/more sculpted hair. Azazel looks a bit too old-school to fit in with the rest of the characters. I might swap his piece for one of starks more sculpted ones when i get him and see how it looks.

I quite like the Mystique figure. Gopod re-use of the ultimate thor piece.

Thanks for the picsboyd!

Azazel looks to be the let down of the series.

Agreed. The fact that DST used the old Nightcrawler hairpiece is a bit of a mystery. The prototype pic showed they were going to use a Clint Eastwood hairpiece. Not a good match for Azazel, but better than NC's.

Azazel-X-Men-First-Class-Minimates_1297945604.jpg

Looking at this angle of movie Azazel,

XMenAzazelEmma.jpeg

it would seem that a good substitution / more movie accurate hairpiece could come from...

Vice President Baltar.

fig0396rlg.jpg

Could anybody who has both Baltar and Azazel take a pic and post it to see if this looks any better with the hair swap? Thanks.

Edited by MINI_MYTE