UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men First Class moviemates

groundhog7s

I asked DST (on FB) about a timeline when we can expect to see these in store. Here's what they answeared:

"We hope to have the Minimates in stores around movie time and what you see is all we are planning." DST

So - no Banshee or Moira by the look of things. Bummer :(

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be that TRU pushed for these. Can't imagine why since we still have Wolverine mates at my TRU, but maybe they sold better elsewhere. We do know that they've pushed for some of the other things DST has been putting out lately, so these may be no different, especially since they're exclusive to the chain.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though it's in russian, this trailer flowed much better than the North American version from an editing standpoint. You can also check out the french Thor trailer at the above link. It is only subtitled in french.

A bit bland, aren't they . . .

Compared to the detail that the Cap & Thor waves are getting, this feels like a bit of a slap in the face.

Still - we're getting more minimates, so i shouldn't complain.

• 5 weeks later...

No mention of these yet? C'mon, news hounds, us west-coasters shouldn't be getting scoops... ;)

I'm glad Beast and Dad-crawler are one set, that means I only need to buy one... Shaw not being in actual tuxedo anymore means that set went from 'possible fodder buy' to 'meh, pass!'

Say what you will about the blandness of the figures, but DST has made the packaging look very attractive. I'm pretty excited at how they pulled these off.

Agreed, times 10. I was really 'meh' about these figures when the previews were shown, but the packaged figure shots have just doubled my interest in them. Kinda ridiculous when you think about it - i mean, the mates will go out on display and the boxes will end up in a crate in the cupboard. :blink:

Still . . . Kudos to AA/DST for turning these out so nicely.

Funny how this wave doesn't have one new piece to it. A completely recycled series. Anybody else think that DST should have used the newer Nightcrawler hair for Azazel? The older hair piece looks kind of dated now and the character has a bushier do in this flick.

I love the new hair piece on Havok!!! that;s going to be great custom fodder.

Xavier has Nightwing's hair, so a cheaper alternative for anyone needing that.

I'm only interested in some of these for fodder. I hope they do well for the brand, but I'll pass on most.

And seriously they used the GSXM nightcrawler hair on that dumb red guy? [the edit]

Edited by MsMarvel fan

I love the new hair piece on Havok!!!

I really like that one, too. Does anybody know if it's new or did it come with a different mate before?

I think the first time Havok's hairpiece was used was with Ultimate Iron Man.

I love the new hair piece on Havok!!!

I really like that one, too. Does anybody know if it's new or did it come with a different mate before?

I think the first time Havok's hairpiece was used was with Ultimate Iron Man.

uh huh... then Modern Heroic I think

I hate for it to be brought up and become an issue with every wave nowadays, but I was thinking of getting a couple of these sets, mainly the Emma Frost one, but can't help but think she's been really badly fake baked.

that said, and given the source material... these are really quite vibrant minimates, kudos to DST.

Edited by bobafett

And seriously they used the GSXM nightcrawler hair on that dumb red guy? [the edit]

Like you said about Xavier: cheap fodder.

Get yourself an extra Spock and add him to Dad-Crawler's ancient hair and you can build yourself a set of Wonder Twins!

"FORM OF AN UNWANTED VARIANT!!" "SHAPE OF OUTDATED PARTS REUSE!!"