UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men First Class moviemates

groundhog7s

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like there saving on tooling and reusing a lot of part with Beast. I see Wolfman's hands and feet and a Logan hairpiece. I bet the majority (if not all) of mates in this wave will reuse existing parts.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

i dont know if its just me but i think they are trying to make these fit in better with comic book mates. the costume is still the movie version but the styling seems more like something we'd see in a comicbook wave. personally i LOVE the look of this beast and i cant wait to see more :lol:

ok i have never had say a bigger MEH in my life, these are bland and uninteresting, having said that i will buy everyone of them, though the reason i will do this is so i can make comic accurate teams using the movie costumes. seriously though this could have been a great wave, even with previously released peices, they could have atleast given azazeal mehphistos hairpeice so he wouldnt look stupid, and i would have much rather gotten an updated white queen than anotrher emma in tights. and my final problem is that DST finally had a window to (atleast their faces) give us banshee!! and they didnt take it :angry:

having said all that...sebastion looks pretty good :angry:

These look cool. I'll get them. I think everyone is really apprehensive about the movie but I think it'll be really good and these'll do well. Just so long as they don't flood TRU like they did with Wolverine. I STILL have some of those there.

Also, I love movie mystique.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

While I don't normally get moviemates, I might just have to get that Emma Frost. Not because I'm overly excited about her, but because I think it would make a great Sharon Carter QC.

Man, if this wave comes after the Thor and Captain America movie waves, this is going to be a really light year for me with minimates. Here's hoping that they announce some more comic waves by the time we hit San Diego.

After the great showings of Thor Moviemates and I would say Cap Am mates as well. These look MEH.

Will I buy them, yes but wont go out my way if there are others around at the time.

I get it, Fox rushed the movie to keep the liscence...minimates can re use existing parts, and in this case slap a tampo on a blank body and BOOM x men first class mercendise in time for movie release...

but as said above, when the bar was rasied with thor and cap...these look. well cheap...

moc847

I really dig the Havok for some reason. He just looks neat as a figure with that psychedelic circle on his chest.

Other than that, dull and uninteresting as I have come to expect from Movie-Mates in general.