UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2011 Unofficial AFX Marvel Boxed Set Poll.

Nessex

The Return of Bucky: Winter Soldier, Falcon, SHIELD Agent, Sharon Carter

The Death of Captain America: Syn, Crossbones, Captain America (handcuffed and shot), Dr. Faust

Captain America: Deadly Foes: Red Skull, Baron Zemo, Arnim Zola, some Cap variant

...I'm in a Cap mood.

SHIELD v. HYDRA: Nick Fury, Mandroid, Baron Strucker, Spider Woman

Edited by Turtle

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guardians of the Galaxy (classic): Vance Astro, Starhawk, Martinex, Aleta (TRU Fill-ins: Yondu, Charlie-27)

Guardians of the Galaxy (modern): Starlord, Rocket Raccoon, Phyla-Vell, Mantis (TRU Fill-ins: Drax, Adam Warlock)

And, because it's actually about time,...

X-men (current costumes): Cyclops, Emma Frost, Colossus, Storm (TRU Fill-ins: Wolverine, Armor)

*ducks*

ok heres my full list:

spiderman bigtime freinds or foes: hobgoblin (modern), scorpion, venom (thompson, alystar smythe (TRU fill in's with Jonah Jameson and bigtime spidey(with red detailing)

armor wars: ghost, sting ray, black lash, battle damaged ironman

AIM: grey gargoyle, super adaptoid, MODOK, the controller

women of marvel: medusa(inhumans), mocking bird, tigra, spiderwoman (jessica drew)

hydra: baron strucker, baron zemo, arnim zola, viper

SHIELD: maria hill, sharon carter, dum dum dugan, nick fury

marvel knights(classic): ghost rider, powerman, iron fist, shang-chi

i may add more later

Inhumans (probably a bad selling set but whatever lol):

Medusa, Crystal, Triton, Modern Black bolt

Brotherhood:

Toad, Pyro, Blob, Sauron

X-Men Giant Sized 2

Banshee, Sunfire, Marvel Girl (skirt & pointy mask), Colossus w/ powerhouse chest

New X-Men-Here Comes Tomorrow:

Cowboy Wolverine w/ torn costume, Rover(damaged modern Sentinel), Cassandra Nova, Phoenix in clear plastic

Marvel Pets or Pet Avengers (no way its happening, but fun to imagine):

Devil Dinosaur, Thor Frog, Ms. Lion, Zabu

Modern X-Force: Elixir, Domino, Wolfsbane, Vanisher

Humanati: Stryker (w/Nimrod hand), Graydon Creed (w/reversible TO face), Leper Queen (w/reversible TO face), Cameron Hodge

These would require Bastion/Modern Nimrod and Bastion Evolved/Modern Nimrod for support

'90s X-Factor 1: Polaris, Wolfsbane, Val Cooper, Random

'90s X-Factor 2: Quicksilver, Strong Guy, Wild Child, Dark Beast

These would require Regular Havok/Multiple Man (in costume) and Brotherhood Havok/Multiple Man (in costume) for support

Muir Island X-Men: Blue and Yellow Banshee, Forge, and Wolverine and Moira MacTaggert

New X-Men Villain Pack: John Sublime, Cassandra Nova, Xorn, Wild Sentinel

New X-Men-Here Comes Tomorrow:

Cowboy Wolverine w/ torn costume, Rover(damaged modern Sentinel), Cassandra Nova, Phoenix in clear plastic

DESTROY!

These are all great suggestions, guys (except for [no offense] the one that includes Squirrel Girl :P)! I especially like the Maximum Carnage one, although I would REALLY for that to be a 5-pack (even though DST'll say no), and include Carrion, as well.

A few more I thought of:

Maximum Carnage - Good Guys (but with a better title, obviously): Nightwatch, Deathlok, Morbius, Firestar (in her MC costume)

West Coast Avengers #1 Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Vision (all-silver version), Wonder Man

West Coast Avengers #2 Firebird, Living Lightning, Machine Man, Darkhawk

Separation Anxiety Scream, Lasher, Riot, Agony

Dark X-Men Mimic, Weapon Omega, Dark Beast, Mystique

We'll run it in a similar fashion to how we did last time. If there are 2 different line-ups nominated for , say Alpha Flight, we'll list both the line-ups. All votes from both line-ups will go towards nominating an Alpha Flight box set. Whichever line-up received the most votes will be the set that is put forward.

Coolio, that's much simpler. Apologies for my foggy memory, don't know why I thought there were problems with it last time...

just to add some fuel to these ideas, plus a little sadness lol with Marvel announcing a new Alpha Flight maxiseries I post to both DST and AFX on facebook asking if now would be the time for some Alpha Flight mates. Here is what AFX had to say:

Action Figure Xpress: Jeff we are always working with DST on some cool sets to put together. Alpha Flight has always come up but trust us when we say the sets we are coming out with this year are going to be some of the best ever. Seriously. Well, at least in our humble opinion. We are talking debuts of some characters, awesome characters. Wish we could let the cat out of the bag but in due time ...

This could be quite cool if they actually are hinting at some Alpha Flight mates. They are some of my biggest wants along with the Mojoverse character, outback X-Men & 90's X-Factor.

I'd also love to see a New/Young X-Men set with Pixie, Dust, Anole & Rockslide.

I figure they've all featured quite strongly through the x-titles and seem to be the most enduring of the New/Young X-Men characters.

Come to think of it - i'd be pleased as Punch with a Generation X set too. It's pretty hard to narrow down a team of 10 characters to a single 4-figure box set, but if i had to pick just 4, i think i'd go with this line-up: Banshee, Pennance, Skin and Emplate.

I settled on that line-up because they were the characters least likely to get released on their own. Even though i would also dearly love a GX WhiteQueen, Jubes, Synch, M & Husk too . . .

Damn - it's very easy to let this become another wish-list thread - isn't it? ;)

I'm just gonna come out and say this... no offense to anyone specifically... but after reading the whole thread: I don't know how in holy hell you guys expect some of these sets to ever get votes, let alone get made... lol...

Plus I don't feel alot of the character lineups are very realistic. I'm seeing alot of like... "4 obscure X-Men box set" or "All the lamest characters from Excalibur" or "The Marvel Universe's Least Memorable foes" lol... and yeah, if you think they'd make a Maximum Carnage set and NOT put a Spider-Man in to boost sales you're... dreaming, lol...

Don't get me wrong. There are a few good ones in there. But a fair amount of "yeah right!" ones too, lol...

BUT... that said, I guess everyone is entitled to wishful thinking, so I can't fault anyone too much.

Anyway, guess I should nominate some stuff now... (Now, marvel as I completely disregard everything I just said and nominate my own obscure and completely unrealistic wishlist... lolz...)

Xtreme X-Men (Sage, Thunderbird III, Xtreme Storm, Xtreme Rogue) (Or swap Bishop for Rogue/Storm. Pref. Storm)

Generation X (Banshee, Husk, Chamber, M) (Or swap Emma/Jubilee for someone)

Mojoworld (Mojo, Spiral, Longshot, Dazzler)

Morlocks (Marrow, Callisto, Caliban, Leech) (Realistically: Some sort of Storm variant replaces one of those)

Modern Starjammers (Modern Havok, Marvel Girl, Korvus, Lilandra)

Classic Starjammers (Corsair, Ch'od, Hepzibah, Raza)

Deadly Genesis (Vulcan, Darwin, Petra, Sway)

Agency X (Agent X, Modern [uDON] Taskmaster, Outlaw, Bob: Agent of HYDRA)

Second Coming (Hope, Cable, Bastion, Cyclops)

Exiles (Mimic, Nocturne, Sunfire [Female], Sasquatch [White] [becomes Heather Hudson with parts removed])

X-Statix (Orphan, U-Go Girl, Dead Girl, Doop) (Picture the Slimer minimate for Doop)

Modern X-Factor (Strong Guy, M, Siryn, Layla Miller) (I'd suggest classic, but plenty of people have already)

Brotherhood (Blob, Avalanche, Pyro, Updated Mystique) (I realize this has been suggested, but I think I'm the first to include Mystique? Seriously, the Mystique we have now is showing its age.)

And to keep everyone's Deadpool over-saturation complaints rolling...

Deadpool Corps (Deadpool, Dogpool, Lady Deadpool, Kidpool, Headpool)

I realize that's 5 characters, but Headpool doesn't actually count. He'd be like Zombie Wasp, from the Marvel Zombies set.

Edited by Gillbob316

What I would die to see, but probably won't ever...

Young Avengers - Patriot, Iron Lad, Hulkling, and Wiccan (Or The Asgardian, if you prefer)

Avengers Academy - Mettle, Hazmat, Reptil, Tigra

Slingers - Prodigy, Dusk, Ricochet, and Hornet

Heroes of the 90s - Darkhawk, Nomad (Jack Monroe), Thunderstrike, Scarlet Spider (Yeah, I'm going for it. Just try to stop me!)

Heroes For Hire - Iron Fist, Power Man, Misty Knight, El Agulia

Classic Thunderbolts - Songbird, Mach I, Techno, Citizen V

Thor Through the Ages - Thunderstrike, Beta Ray Bill, Thor 2099, The Crossing Thor

And I think that'll do it for me. Can't wait for the next stage of the poll.

Classic X-Men:

Sunfire, Banshee, Mimic, First Appearance Rogue

Avengers:

Black Knight, Falcon, Jocasta, Tigra

Freedom Force:

Blob, Avalanche, Pyro, Destiny

Masters of Evil:

Zemo, Black Knight I, Melter, Enchantress

Marvel Monsters:

Dracula, Zombie, Werewolf by Night, Man-Thing

Comedy Pack:

Forbush Man, Howard the Duck, Squirrel Girl, Amazing Bag-Man

Martial Arts:

Shang-Chi, Zaran, Iron Fist Classic, Steel Serpent

70s Heroes:

Jack of Hearts, Machine Man, Killraven, Deathlok

Young Avengers - Patriot, Iron Lad, Hulkling, and Wiccan (Or The Asgardian, if you prefer)

Heroes of the 90s - Darkhawk, Nomad (Jack Monroe), Thunderstrike, Scarlet Spider (Yeah, I'm going for it. Just try to stop me!)

Thor Through the Ages - Thunderstrike, Beta Ray Bill, Thor 2099, The Crossing Thor

Wait, there was a Thor 2099? :blink:

Wait, there was a Thor 2099? :blink:

But of course! Here's a picture, too.

Funnily enough, that's not exactly what I had pictured in my head. Instead I was thinking Dargo Ktor from the Thor Corps.

I'd be happy with either.