UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The new Mortal Kombat

MinnesotaIceman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This game is awesome. Although, it is sad that we will never play as Motaro, according to Ed Boon. The DLC characters are going to be sweet: Kenshi, Skarlet, Rain, and an unknown character. Moooooorrrrrrttttttaaaaalllllll Koooooommmmmmbbbbbaaaaattttt!(techno music)

i've been playing it a bit. It was refused classification in australia, so my mate imported it from HongKong.

It's kind of fun - but i think i prefer MVC3. . . . perhaps i'm just too 'soft' for MK. I prefer it when sparkles fly out of an opponent, as opposed to torrents of blood.

I have to say though - MK has made a much bigger effort to keep the game playable for longer with it's single player challenges than MVC3 has!

I'm excited about Rain. I hope he maintains his water-based abilities he was given in Armageddon (I'd prefer it he he's water based than thunder based, as we already have Raiden), as that was one element that drew me to the character. Skarlet looks good as well. However I am wondering/hoping for a Super Street Fighter IV re-release that has all of them and maybe the classic costume on the disc, as I'd prefer to have a hard copy of them (if possible).

I have to say though - MK has made a much bigger effort to keep the game playable for longer with it's single player challenges than MVC3 has!

I agree, but I completed story mode on my friend's PS3 two months ago and have STILL to complete it on mine... Plus I find some of the bosses to be a real pain in the arse.

Back when I was playing MC and Street Fighter on my Super Nintendo (ours looked way cooler than your North American SNES! :yes: ) I was somehow amazed by MC's graphics, but I always liked SF's gameplay way better. Today, I stopped buying video and computer games but I'm still rooting for Street Fighter, SF4 that is, and I'm playing it sometimes at a friend of mine. So for me it will alway be: Street Fighter wins!

Edited by Bob Harris

• 4 weeks later...

As a fan of Rain and water based characters, I'm glad to see the empehsis on him is more water than thunder, like in Armageddon. Both Raiden and Nightwolf are thunder based so I don't feel we needed another. Plus I'm liking his new design. We badly need Mortal Kombat minimates now more so than ever IMO ;). I wonder if we'll see a Classic Ninja skin for Rain and Skarlet in the future...

Having said that, so far that's $20 (give or take) extra for the three characters so far and the classic skin costumes. All of them look great and are worth every penny but I have to admit, I do wish they'd release "Super Mortal Kombat 2011" with all the DLC on it. I don't have a good enough connection to download anything at the moment and I prefer to have disc copies of games anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last (?) two free DLC costumes have been announced:

Retro style Cyber Sub-Zero and Unmasked/MK3 style Sub Zero.

Personally I like both. I know Retro CSZ never appeared in the original game (like MK1 Ermac) but I've been hoping for this since the classic Cyrax and Sektor costumes were announced. Now all we need is Cyber Smoke as a DLC character with a classic skin and we'd have four variants on the classic cyber costume.

If more free DLC costumes appear, I hope this opens the door for more "what if reto costumes", i.e. MK1 style Noob, Smoke (both of which do exist on the disc as hidden fights) and Rain, and MK2 and 3 style costumes for Skarlet (and Tanya if she ever appears). I just like the "what if" angle this has.

Edited by pawcanada