UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alternate Universe Custom Contest

luke314pi

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CIA Operative: Gill-man.

It's the 1950's. The US is struggling to keep the opposing Soviets from gaining world power. Looking for anything and everything to gain the upper hand, the CIA looked into "things that go bump in the night''. After reported cases of a amphibian creature in the amazon, a team of operatives dispatched, and found the creature, presumably dead. However, the creature wasn't dead, only dormant. It was brought to a classified CIA division, trained, and most likely brainwashed to fight against the Viet-Cong. Fast forward to 1960, Gill-man leads a group of operatives tasked with the hardest missions behind enemy lines.

Did The Invisible Man kill Hitler? Did Dracula fight in the trenches of WW1? Was Wolfman part of the storming of Normandy? This universe says yes.

In this alt. universe, the Universal Monsters are operatives for a top secret CIA division, where in this case, Gill-man is a Vietnam war killing machine.

100_6463-1.jpg

100_6460-1.jpg

100_6477.jpg

100_6473.jpg

Still haven't decided if I should take this seriously or not :P

Edited by Punisher

Multiverse Earth 1940: Pulpverse

Character Profile: The Spider

Pete Parker is a take no prisoner, hard as nails private eye...After his uncle was brutally gunned down during a mob war on the streets of New York, Pete took the mantel of the Spider to take down the mob, one gunsel at a time.

Armed with his special "Spider Sense" goggles and his trusty .45 "Mary Jane", the Spider strikes fear in the hearts of the underworld.

IMG_6142.jpg

Recipie: Head; Stiltman / Chest; Movie Black Spider-Man / Coat, Hat, Legs; The Spirit.

moc847

Punisher: I SO LOVE your concept for for the military/universal monsters. Totally reminds me of DC's Creature Commandos. I know they never had a Gillman on the team, but after seeing yours, makes me wish they'd make it happen.

254px-Creature_Commandos_02.jpg

MoC: Awesome concept for the Spider. I agree with Bob that the addition of the cotton really sells the scene. Great work.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Since youbastards - dude, you need a shorter nickname! I already started calling groundhog7s Granny, so I already shot my wad - revised his Captain Britain entry, I'd like to share a thought on it.

So, you said:

REVISED ENTRY:

(...) (cool pics) (...)

I wasn't planning on repainting the shield, but her comment made me rethink what made me happy with this custom.

So, I decided to sit down and carefully paint a better version of the Union Jack shield, and after a week of working on this when I can, I am finally finished!

I totally understand it and I must say: very well done! But then I must also say, that there was something I really loved on that not-so-carefully-painted-version. Your backgroundstory had this litte thing in it:

Upon informing the U.S. government of his success, the special military battle shield that had been designed for a U.S. soldier was sent to Braddock, who quickly painted a Union Jack over the Stars & Stripes, and donned the identity "Captain Britain".

And after reading it and then seeing that pre-revised-shield of his, I though: darn, that's a nice job. Doesn't matter if this was the best he could do or doing it on purpose, it does look like Braddock quickly painted the Union Jack over the original shield. I loved that little detail. :(

Anyway: all in all the revised version looks much better! :thumbsup:

In an alternate world, ruled by MONSTERS...

THERE lives a WOLFMAN by the name of Peter Parker.

After being bitten by a " RADIOACTIVE SPIDER ", Peter had passed out, waking up to discover his NEW found spider powers...

later after the death of his Uncle, Peter parker devoted his life to fighting crime

as the AMAZING WOLFSPIDER-MAN!!

( get it?, wolfspider??? ) wolfman bitten by the spider..?

So a spider-man by day, a WOLFSPIDER-MAN by night!!

ps pic will be up tomorrow as soon as the miliput drys

Thanks Bob, you'll be happy to know that i still have the original shield, as i painted over a seperate spare shield! :thumbsup:

I'm glad. It really gave him this little extra. (I would haven even done an actual overpainting of the original shield to have some details of the stars & stripes shining through. I mean, it was your idea, don't get me wrong. But you should stick as close to the original story as you can. You know, otherwise those hardcore fanboys... you won't mess with these folks... :geek: )

:P

second thought, i give up on the contest entry...

next time i'll be better prepared for the next contest when it comes along...

the wolfspider-man idea isn't happenin very well..

the sculpted head looks more like a cat, it looked alot better when i drew it on paper...

so i'll just be one of the voters.

The Marvel-Metroid Universe

Yuriko Aran

composite.jpg

Little is known about the origins of the interstellar bounty hunter Yuriko Aran. The most commonly believed rumors say that her family was slaughtered by Space Pirates when she was an infant, leaving her to be raised by the mysterious Chozo race. Yuriko was badly wounded during the Space Pirates' raid, and the only choice the Chozo had to save her life was to infuse her with their own blood. The blood of the Chozo carries small traces of adamantium, which is indestructible - and since Chozo blood is the only source of adamantium in the universe, it is fiercely sought after.

Yuriko Aran became the favored child of the Chozo race, and they poured everything they had into her development; Intense combat training, an exhaustive education, and bio-technological engineering to make her as formidable a protector as possible.
Upon reaching adulthood, the Chozo crafted a very special adamantium-fused Varia Suit and gifted it to her as a send-off for her mission to seek revenge upon the Space Pirates for the death of her family.

Her suit was equipped with countless technological advances that few races can produce. The most remarkable of which are: A powerful claw-hand, which is able to slice through any substance. An upgradable power blaster, capable of integrating with technologies of virtually any race. And thought-controlled adamantium tentacles (protruding from the base of Yuriko's helmet), which strike more swiftly and powerfully than a scorpion's tail.

After venturing into the depths of the cosmos and bringing the Space Pirates to their knees, Yuriko continued her mission across the universe, seeking to wipe out dangerous races that would threaten the safety of innocent families like her own.

Yuriko Aran soon became a legend, having fought and defeated countless galactic threats. She is most famous for her endeavors surrounding the threat of the energy-draining extraterrestrial parasites called Metroids, but her greatest adventure still lies ahead, as she begins to uncover clues that tell her of a very tangled history that she shares with another mysterious adamantium-powered rogue known only as Weapon X...

YurikoAran_sm.jpg

Edited by Donny B