UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men First Class Box set (Comics not movie)

Chronotrigger

I liked it much better when I realized it was it's own micro-continuity and I didn't have to figure out how this was supposed to fit into the existing 616 time line. But it didn't hold my attention.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I just got the reject boxset but I just received mine from Amazon and it reeks. I mean it literally is really smelly. I opened the box and it almost knocked me on my butt. Tried washing the minimates in soap & water and nothing. The minimates smell like super strength moth-balls. Anybody else have this issue or did I just get the set which was accidentally doused in noxious chemicals?

I think this set is pretty good. First off as you can see Iceman is fantastic, I think it's the best rendition of him since toybiz's efforts in the 90's Icemantoybiz. Cyclops is solid. This is first time we've gotten one without sunglasses in a while, at that I'm actually a big fan of when they put the sunglasses under the mask. This would have been a great time to do an alternate face print on the back, but you can't have it all. Jean is also very solid and I think my favorite figure of her aside from the upcoming MvC Phoenix. Then Warren is next he uses the same body as Cyclops and wings from the Champions Angel. My problem is his face, while not a bad minimates face just not the right one for pre-Archangle Warren, he looks to grumpy. With his mask the lines around the mouth just don't look right. Aside from that he does look good without the mask despite the the anger issues. Overall a good set with Iceman being the obvious winner. Now how about a redo of the Astonishing X-Men! My picture isn't great I don't have the right lighting to do them justice.

post-3711-0-80800200-1317254331_thumb.jp

Edited by havok

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry... bringing back an old thread, but got a question maybe Zach can answer.

Will 2012 finally bring us a First Class Beast to round this set off?

Thanks

I'm with this as well. I would love to see an updated First Class Beast without the duck feet. Would be great to see new Hulk style feet for Beast. However, just stick him in randomly ala Wave 31 Angel.

Sorry... bringing back an old thread, but got a question maybe Zach can answer.

Will 2012 finally bring us a First Class Beast to round this set off?

Thanks

I'm with this as well. I would love to see an updated First Class Beast without the duck feet. Would be great to see new Hulk style feet for Beast. However, just stick him in randomly ala Wave 31 Angel.

I think someone has already Asked DST, but it never hurts to ask again. Just be perfectly clear you mean comic-style, because more movie Minimates ain't happening. We only have limited windows for those figures.

I know there are not a ton of Iceman fans out there.. but I am one. I have loved all the variations.. and I agree with montrossx and others that this set has the best version so far. I would like to see him with spikey shoulder and spikey hair from his ice spike days.. maybe a swap-out spiked fist.

Also, nice pic of Spidey and his Amazing Friends. :)