UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men First Class Box set (Comics not movie)

Chronotrigger

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the more i see these the more i like em, and i do hope that these do succesfully so we can see more silver age(even if it is this art style) x-men characters. also i wouldnt mind this being done with the avengers (because of the book that recently came out that was a 'first class' version of the avengers comic. also i wouldnt mind seeing a contuiation of this set in waves if it gets us characters like machine man, and finally i hope however they release beast (even though i may not buy him) he is easy to obtain....just my 2 cents on the matter

I'd love an updated Scarlet Witch to go with these. My favorite part of the books were when Jean and Wanda would have girl time.

I could get behind an updated, slightly less-stunned looking Wanda. Or better yet, a FA Toad :P

I am liking these a lot, but am I the only one who wants a de-iced Bobby Drake? I'm hoping thats what they put in the expected Beast pack. But I would like to see other character versions from this comic, like Wanda and Pietro and we need any version of Toad and Blob.

Nope you're not the only one. I plan to buy an extra set. Use the Cyclops and another head and brown hair for a de-iced iceman. A female head and hair for a maskless Marvel Girl. And sub in an extra angel without wings and add in big feet for a Beast. So even if he's some crazy chase, I'll have a Beast.

I'm hoping these come with extra maskless heads and/or flight stands. I need more flight stands.

I am liking these a lot, but am I the only one who wants a de-iced Bobby Drake? I'm hoping thats what they put in the expected Beast pack. But I would like to see other character versions from this comic, like Wanda and Pietro and we need any version of Toad and Blob.
Edited by Chronotrigger

While I like that they did something different with this Iceman, I have to say that my favorite is still the variant 'frosted' version from wave 11... this new one kinda looks like he was made out of a pearl.

And a de-iced Bobby would make sense, considering we've been given more than 5 powered-up versions of him but still no human edition

And to throw in my 2 cents on this set itself, I love the way these 'mates look (Jean's head especially is beautifully done. if only the X-Force Jean looked as good) ... but considering how we've been given an extremely similar (if not less well designed) boxed set so recently, I would have much prefered a boxed set of new characters. Maybe finally a Brotherhood of Mutants set? We really need a Toad...

• 2 weeks later...
A deiced bobby was the exact thing I hoped for when I heard about this set.

Now that we have that ice-block from the Cap A set i'd be surprised if we didn't see a de-iced bobby with it in the future.

Although, it might end up being a Jim Lee era Iceman. I'd still be pretty pleased with that ;)

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Nessex

I have to agree with everyone who likes that Iceman. Very nice but I am overcome with a sense of, "meh" for this set. We did just get these characters. I'm a huge X-Men fan but there are so many other characters who haven't even been mated yet. I'd love me some Secret Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm also a bit tired of obvious 5 member teams showing up in 4 piece box sets.

Knight Rider mates sounds like fun though. Will they make Goliath & Garthe Knight? <_<

I may have to break my (mostly) only non-movie Marvel rule. :biggrin:

Edited by BudPalmer

• 2 weeks later...

Just preordered these at BigBadToystore. Can't wait to have these in hand. These are slick. As some of you know, I mainly collect X-Men, but this set gives me an incentive to go out and buy so much more of the Marvel Universe because they interacted a lot with the rest of the MU in these costumes. I can't wait to display them with the various people they've fought or teamed up with like the FF or Hulk! These stories are light and a much needed break from the doom and gloom of the current MU. Plus they make the X-Men much more cohesive with the rest of the MU as opposed to being in their own little universe which only appears with others during big crossovers,

This series had great things like Jean shadowing with Sue Storm, and the guys worried she had left them for good:

XMenFirstClass1.jpg

X-Men_First_Class_v2_001_014.jpg

Hulk vs the X-Men:

XMenFirstClass2.jpg

XMenFirstClass3.jpg

XMenFirstClass4.jpg

XMenFirstClass5.jpg

XMenFirstClass6.jpg

XMenFirstClass7.jpg

More to come!!

I was late to the Minimate collecting game, so I have yet to get a proper Iceman. The older ones are too expensive. I may get this set just for Iceman, as I have no real need for these costume iterations.

Edited by Chronotrigger

• 3 months later...

Well June has pretty much come and gone and no XMFC comic mates. I asked DST on FB about the release date for these and here's what they said:

Me: When is the X-Men First Class 4-pack scheduled to hit specialty stores? It was originally scheduled for a June release, but according to my CBS guy's shipping invoice for next week, nothing? Care to shed any insight?

DST: I'm pretty sure it's July 6, but let me double-check.

DST: Yes, July 6