UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men First Class Box set (Comics not movie)

Chronotrigger

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont mind it as well.

Plus point Angel in boxset that will be an easier exclusive to get then the TRU Mix-up so ppl can bash together a Classic Angel using a spare Classic boxset.

Minus point it opens up the chance for Beast to be the hard to get figure if the distribution ain't sorted.

I'll say it again. We JUST got these! Their costumes are far and above too similar!

Eh...

And how many Iron Mans, Hulks, Spider-Men, Wolverines & Captain Americas with far too similar costumes do we have now?

I agree that I could totally have lived without this set, but it is what it is. And I understand why it is what it is.

They want to cash in on the X-Men: First Class movie hype. It's to be expected.

Edited by Gillbob316

I'll say it again too. They're completely different looks. These fall between the first appearance and giant sized x-men. These stories from the last couple of years had them interacting with Machine Man, Namor, the FF, Dr. Strange, etc and I quite enjoyed these looks and these stores since they felt more a part of the MU as a whole as opposed to their own universe. They were fun, and light hearted not the doom and gloom that the current x-books are filled with so I found them quite enjoyable. I'm glad there are minimates of them!! Now if we can get a Dragon Man minimate so I can display him as Jean's pet I will be even more happy.

00023518.jpg

x-men-first-class-12-cover.jpg

X_Men_First_Class_Finals_Cover_by_valsta

I'll say it again. We JUST got these! Their costumes are far and above too similar!

I really like the look of these. My only complaint is the continued use of those Angel wings. I think it is about time for some new ones. Perhaps some with the wings spread out/ extended in flight. That would make this an essential box set as opposed to a cool one, IMO.

I fail to see the logic in DST not just putting the 5th character in this boxset and charging slightly more...it isn't like they haven't released 5 character boxsets in the past. I think these would sell a lot better if collectors knew that they could get the entire set in one purchase without having to try and track down the 5th character seperately.

As much as I love their products, DST is one company that rarely learns from their mistakes.

According to Cool Toy Reviews, movie mates of X-Men First Class were shown. No photography was allowed. The link at their site is f#@ked and links you to DC Directs gallery. Reading the paragraph however explains that the movie mates were on display (along with the Knight Rider minimate and KITT).

According to Cool Toy Reviews, movie mates of X-Men First Class were shown. No photography was allowed. The link at their site is f#@ked and links you to DC Directs gallery. Reading the paragraph however explains that the movie mates were on display (along with the Knight Rider minimate and KITT).

im to scared to get my hopes up until we get pics

I'm not a big X-Men fan at all, but this set is top of my want list of everything shown at Toy Fair.

My First Appearence X-Men set look so iconic when all the characters are stood together and I think these will look even better!

Thanks for pointing out the picture of Beast Buttheadsmate, I'm hoping he shows up sooner rather than latter!

And I agree youbastards, adding Beast to this set would help it sell more, especially to the non-Minimate collector who happens to stumble upon it.

im to scared to get my hopes up until we get pics

Agreed. I was really hoping we'd get Banshee/Havok/Sebastian Shaw etc . . . mates.

This sounds like good news, but as the saying goes . . . 'Pics or it didn't happen!'.

Haters begone! I can't wait for this set. They really should have just added Beast or replace Iceman since you can sub him out for any of the other Icemen.

That's probably exactly why they didn't do that. This way - you WILL have to buy whatever 2-pack Beast comes in @ TRU.