UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toyfair 2011

TBT!

Knight Rider? Weird. It kind of kills it giving him the clown car, though. Doesn't look much like KITT to me. I actually made a custom Hasselhoff Minimate years ago, though, so nice to see an official one :D

No one is going to buy those. :(

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like how the Ghostbusters - the busters themself - turned out and I must confess that I really like Slimer with the proton pack. But the others ghost are too not-minimate for me, so'll probably pass.

And on other news: So we get a David Hasselhoff mate, right?

You know about David Hasselhoff and

, right?

Please, count me out.

:blink:

My wife stumbled upon

over the weekend. Her response? An affectionate "Ahhh, Germans."

Despite the allure of a MiniHoff, I don't picture myself buying a short fat KITT. The Marvel stuff we've seen looks good, but so far I'm a little disappointed in the Minimate showing. I was hoping to see more MAX stuff and that the "huge" new license reveal would have at least been, I don't know, really big and really new.

Though I always thought of RGB as a cheap commercialized rip-off of the GB movies, I do like the way the mates look and will most definitely pick these up.

As for Knight Rider - it's definetley an interesting direction, but given that the recent, re-imagined, spin-off tanked, I think that KITT may end up chauffering Axel Foley, Don Corleone and Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose to the minimate graveyard.

I do hope I'm wrong, 'cuz I'd definitely pick one up if it ever made it to production.

KITT does beg an interesting question - what might round out the next series of vehicles? Dukes of hazzard isn't a bad guess. Smokey & the Bandit might also fit into the stunt-car genre. As far as cheesy, 80's, vehicle-based TV shows go... Airwolf anyone?

I gotta say, so far it’s been a pretty disappointing Toy Fair. Which is GREAT for my wallet.

DST's “huge announcement for a new license” for Minimates? For this veteran Minimate collector Marvel vs. Capcom is really only half a new license. I was really hoping that DST had gotten the DC license from WBCP but apparently we're stuck with Mez-Itz for a while.

Will DST be competing with Mega Bloks Marvel figures like they do with HALO?

And Knight Rider? :blink:

DST's “huge announcement for a new license” for Minimates? For this veteran Minimate collector Marvel vs. Capcom is really only half a new license. I was really hoping that DST had gotten the DC license from WBCP but apparently we're stuck with Mez-Itz for a while.

I don't even think it's half new. Marvel plus SF2/Darkstalkers means just over a quarter of the playable characters are newly available.

Really a bummer that 3 of the new Street Fighter/Dark Stalker figures are rehashes. There were only 7 of those characters released at all previously by my count, and almost half of them get a new figure before we get a single Ken or Guile. Bah.

im gonna keep saying this, if this works it looks like we are getting more than the 3rd game and there were LOADS more capcom characters than this! :lol: also i have to say that morrigan,ryu and chun-li dont look like simple rehashes they look like COMPLETE overhauls and real works of art