Toyfair 2011

TBT!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wave 38 & 39 both say April

with wave 40 in May

the toys r us waves get even more stranger... we all know wave 10 is coming, the thor wave is just that, the thor wave then we get wave 11 (big hulk mr negative etc...) the cap wave is like the thor just the cap wave

QUOTE (Donny B @ Feb 14 2011, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*sigh*

I'm going to have to sell all of my internal organs if I want to buy all of these...

Likewise.

Yea I hoked over my Gallbladder last year. I'll have to see on what other bits of the body are surplus to requirement.

I was waiting for this Toy Fair so much. I had hoped that we would have seen plenty of Battle Beasts new sculpts as the release date seems to be 2011. But nothing ! Not even a small gator in a carrying case. Now I'm really worried about the fiuture of the line (BB not Minimates). I even wonder why DST get this trademark. The first appearance of the gator was now more than 1 year ago (July 2009) then all we saw was recolored figures of the same gator. The first product that would come with a BB was cancelled, new style sculpts were shown and already forgotten, etc. I had a lot of hope in DST but now I wonder where all of this will end. If DST finally give up the BB line we are good for more years of nothing as the trademark will still be owned by a company that doesn't care about it. In fact all of this could prevent Hasbro/Takara to try a come back of the original line as they certainly don't want to pay DST to be able to use a name that was theirs some years ago.

DST had a great opportunity with this line but the wait and the lack of news is killing it. Just my 2 cents of course.

It's been done before with old man Logan and old man Hawkeye.

You're also right about the exclusive Logan which was exclusively missing the coat that he has in the WTTA box set :D

Ah, but the exclusively missing coat isn't the only difference, don't forget that the TRU version doesn't have the "bloody tampo" (careful Rob...this is an all ages site) on the claw hands, and has bare arms with "old man detailing" :blink:

I guess what I'm saying is, even if the only change the expression on his face and nothing else, I hope the TRU Nightcrawler isn't just a direct re-release of the Excalibur version.

On the bright side I'm pretty sure that something will eventually happen with Battle Beast Minimates although when & how is a completely different matter. I'm confident if only because nobody buys a licence & doesn't use it.....especially DST who milk every licence for the last drip from the teat. Battle Beasts ,I believe,are proving to be a problem with respect to the Minimate body.....well-documented in the BB thread ....but more specifically to the amount of new moulds they'll have to design & produce for each & every Beast. Without dwelling too much on my theory which may well be way off the truth I wouldn't get too despondent.

The thought of each beast having to use different moulds for armour etc never crossed my mind. So what you are saying to me is a reasonable theory why still no seen headway on Battle Beasts.

They could always go the way of blind boxing and different colours of beast with different rarity etc. Ths may offset using the same molds over and over. I'm not a fan of this at all but just trying to think how to move forward.

Between Halo and the Sony mates, they're building up a pretty substantial library of futuristic armor pieces that could potentially be reused for Battle Beasts. It makes sense to me for them to invest the money in tooling for those sure-fire moneymaker properties, then reuse those pieces for a "test" wave of Battle Beasts MAX. They can dip a toe in the water without having to dump a ton of money into an untested property.

I'd hate blind boxes for Minimates but it wouldn't be for the first time <_<... & most of the original BBs had a variant :ermm:

I think DST realised they may have made a blunder with the Crocs because unless they are Giant Crocs everything else will have to be in-scale & those Crocs are amongst the biggest 2" Minimates made ....if you get my drift? The Iron Man drones changed the game-plan as well with their tiny heads (potentially ready for larger slip-over heads) with normal run-of-the -mill size bodies.

Still just my conjecture!