UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toyfair 2011

TBT!

(Speaking of which, if it hasn't been reported yet, Michael Knight has new-sculpt cowboy boot feet. Not full boots, but a pointy toe and raised heel footpiece.)

Like the ones used on the fist full of Dollars mates?

T.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for the pirate mates. I'm gona make a music video out of this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDErgD9YNyc

:blink: Honestly, that is the worst song I have ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AzpByR3MvI

I win.

Didn't I read somewhere that Lazy Town is like an adult prime time show in Germany?

There were two types of boots in the Western sets. Here's a image from the Good/Bad/Ugly set without spurs. Is this what Knight's looked like?

fig0608llg.jpg

Was KITT painted or was it like the test shots on the AA gallery? Glossy, matte? I'd love any info you could provide. :)

Also, thanks for the excellent photos, ASMDaniel. They're always sharp with no ugly flash burn. They are appreciated.

That's...entirely possible, actually. I haven't opened my MWNN sets yet - I've been waiting to get my wife to watch the movie trilogy first. I'd just assumed they had full boots and that Knight's were new.

Man with no name ......you had me there for a while . :D

Good movies 'now' ,great movies 'then' which were all filmed in that well known US state......Spain.

Having had a look at the pictures from Toyfair, I have to say I'm really impressed with the translation of the RGB ghosts and the Calico Jack Pirates line would be really useful for customizing (and just having), and the prospect of Jak & Daxter in toy form. The only thing I'm slightly discourage about is seeing so many that are marked for Toys R Us, which means that these things are going to be near-to-impossible to get for non-US residents and probably very expensive.

Edited by Aethyr

There were two types of boots in the Western sets. Here's a image from the Good/Bad/Ugly set without spurs. Is this what Knight's looked like?

Was KITT painted or was it like the test shots on the AA gallery? Glossy, matte? I'd love any info you could provide. :)

Also, thanks for the excellent photos, ASMDaniel. They're always sharp with no ugly flash burn. They are appreciated.

I do believe that was them exactly.

All I really remember about KITT is that it (he?) was black, and won't have electronics. And that there will also be a Super Pursuit Mode (which we've seen in the test shots, though I hadn't at the time). And that there won't be a convertible. I don't think the paint was high-gloss, but it was also almost certainly a prototype, so I imagine anything can change.

Thanks for the kind words about the photos! I can't always avoid flash damage (Nimrod seems to have come out pretty badly in all of my close-ups), but I do try my best.

Edited by ASMDaniel

• 2 weeks later...

I know everybody has seen all there was to see at TF 2011, but I stumbled across this podcast from millionaireplayboy.com that they posted yesterday and if you fast forward to the 5 min 5 sec mark you can see their little tidbit on minimates. Enjoy!