UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toyfair 2011

TBT!

im gonna keep saying this, if this works it looks like we are getting more than the 3rd game and there were LOADS more capcom characters than this! :lol: also i have to say that morrigan,ryu and chun-li dont look like simple rehashes they look like COMPLETE overhauls and real works of art

They definitely look good, and I'm not knocking perfectly valid updates. I'm just saying that hyping this as HUGE and NEW is a bit misleading. Based on the Wiki entry (yeah yeah) for MvC3, only about a quarter of the characters are newly available: ie, not Marvel, SF2, or Darkstalkers. If this results in more than just MvC3, that's great. I'd love a Mega-Man Minimate. And this definitely helps Marvel characters like Dormammu, MODOK, and Shuma-Gorath see release.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im gonna keep saying this, if this works it looks like we are getting more than the 3rd game and there were LOADS more capcom characters than this! :lol: also i have to say that morrigan,ryu and chun-li dont look like simple rehashes they look like COMPLETE overhauls and real works of art

Like Turtle, I agree that these are nice updates. However, I'm of the school that generally prefers new characters to improved updates. Having said that, Ryu is my favorite SF character and I'm happy to be getting a worthy update to him.

What I dont understand is why do all the minimate vehicles have to be cartoonized like they came out of Roger Rabbit? Can we get some real minitureized vehicles please?

I, too, am no fan of the stylistic decision DST has pursued with these vehicles.

Those Marvel figures shown earlier in this thread make me wish we had a new set of Classic Power Man/Iron Fist, Darkhawk and classic Captain Britain minimates even more. ARBGH!

Quoted for truth.

Man, I would kill for a Darkhawk minimate. They could put him with a Spider-Man and everything, it'd be awesome for everyone!

Finally some pictures!

Looks like a X-Men First Class (comic based)

I saw Wesker

Age of X and X-men vampire story arc sets

Sinister looks awesome.

http://www.superherohype.com/gallery/toy-f...page22#category

New Delorean with the wheels to fold down into flying mode!!!

I'm not digging too much on the Halo stuff they showed. I was starting to feel iffy about that line anyways and this just might push me into stop collecting them. Gotta make room for Capcom somewhere.

Finally some pictures!

Thanks for posting SFLG,

Well it's more like the amount of minimates I was expecting...

Some look nice, Mr Sinister stands out for marvel but for the most part nothing there makes me think.... "oooooooohhhhh I cant wait to get my hands on those."

T.

romita spiderman/goblin= awesome

super powerhouse Hulk:This is a minimate?

mvc3: I'm buying them all!

mez-its: man, just seeing these makes me wish for dc mates again

dc universe batman legacy:awesome hope they make oracle and cassie cain also yay on legion boxset!

Looks like were getting Twilight Wolverine. The Wolverine pictured next to Blade has vampire teeth, makes sense considering Jubilee turns him into one during Curse of the Mutants.

Also I wish Iron Man came with The Proton Cannon in the MVC range.

i dont care what anyone says, im SUPER happy to finally get a modern wolverine, people keep complaining about tons of wolverines, but atleast the ones we have been getting latley are good quality and for the most part are differant costumes (with the exception of the battle ravaged ones)

Yeah, from these latest pics, it looks like the Universal Monsters 8" figs are on display, but the mates are nowhere in sight.

DOA? In the ground? Put a stake in them?

So sad. I know they were a train wreck at retail, but it still stinks to see the line potentially disappear like this. Here's a thought: do an SDCC exclusive box set with Drac, Frank, Mummy, and Invisible Man, and close out the line with dignity. That set would sell out at the convention.

Did anyone notice that the Deadpool, Dante, Taskermaster, and Ryu figures were marked as a boxset? Do you think that means they'll be more two packs? or that this is a four pack only thing?

They'll be doing 4-packs and 2-packs at the very least. I'm hoping for some singles featuring some of the alternate costumes too but who knows.

i dont care what anyone says, im SUPER happy to finally get a modern wolverine, people keep complaining about tons of wolverines, but atleast the ones we have been getting latley are good quality and for the most part are differant costumes (with the exception of the battle ravaged ones)

And at least this Wolverine has the correct post-Utopia costume, I think for the first time.

Edited by AllStarMatt

Yeah, their understandable attempt to drag out and milk the line probably didn't work. I suspect that folks in general (self included) really just wanted a single Wolfman, Creature, Dracula, etc. Not black and white versions, glow in the dark versions, transformation versions, civilian co-stars and alter egos, etc. I just don't think there's gonna be a big enough audience for all that, sadly. If they just released the heavy hitters as a single set, I think most of us would be happy enough.

Edited by karamazov80

my computor doesnt like superherohype can someone upload the new halo stuff and the BTTF stuff and if there are in new captain america mate pics, that aswell? :(

edit: also the thor stuff if its not too much trouble?

Edited by robomate

The DocBrown With the delorean looks awesome!I will definatly pick that up.Also the first class angel is something I will probabbly pick up to since I don't got any angels yet.The green goblin also look cool but I don't care about the spidey.Is their any max or pirates pictures?