UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toyfair 2011

TBT!

The lackluster line-up makes me think that Toy Fair is becoming less important in the toy industry. Collectors seem to be the focus by a number of companies now, as retailers seem to be on autopilot. Are retailers even attending Toy Fair in numbers that they used to? I read somewhere that Melissa and Doug are the biggest exhibitors. I think retailers tire of the same re-hash of properties year after year, with an 80s movie recycled in for good measure.

I can't get over the fact that a video game property is the huge reveal, while Disney Minimates are nowhere to be seen. Minimates are being sold in Disney stores! How could DST not land that license? You can put Mickey Mouse on poop and it will sell.

Maybe the timing is finally right for video game Minimates?

Why aren't any Capcom prototypes on display?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so looks like we will still be seeing another red skull (the one in the army builder wave, because it doesnt have the coat) and im assuming that the guy with the machine gun is fury, because the dreadnought seems like the army builder for the regular wave

ok so looks like we will still be seeing another red skull (the one in the army builder wave, because it doesnt have the coat) and im assuming that the guy with the machine gun is fury, because the dreadnought seems like the army builder for the regular wave

Has it been confirmed as a Dreadnought? I just thought is was a Hydra agent with flamethrower. Cool.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Has it been confirmed as a Dreadnought? I just thought is was a Hydra agent with flamethrower. Cool.

im pretty sure the line up was

hydra agent (foot soldier) with flame thrower

hydra pilot

hydra agent (foot soldier)

red skull

hydra dreadnought

i could be wrong

hydra pilot

red skull

hydra dreadnought

i could be wrong

Nope, he's the Flamethrower.

They were:

Pilot

Infantry

Flamethrower

Soldier

Red Skull

I still think the Commando next to Dum Dum is "Young Nick Fury." Continuity and all...

And, still underwhelmed. Really expected a bigger push for Toy Fair of all things.

hydra pilot

red skull

hydra dreadnought

i could be wrong

Nope, he's the Flamethrower.

They were:

Pilot

Infantry

Flamethrower

Soldier

Red Skull

I still think the Commando next to Dum Dum is "Young Nick Fury." Continuity and all...

And, still underwhelmed. Really expected a bigger push for Toy Fair of all things.

your totally right....still im calling him a dreadnought ;) also i hope redskull in the hydra uniform is shown

I don't count Marvel Vs Capcom as "huge". I'm actually disappointed - it's not a new license, it's more of an extension of existing licenses. Are we getting all new characters? NO. We're getting Marvel characters re-hashed or re-released. Hopefully we'll get Modok and I'm happy for Dormammu, but it feels more like future Marvel waves with video game figures thrown in. I will be buying these, but I was really hoping for something different.

I don't count Marvel Vs Capcom as "huge". I'm actually disappointed - it's not a new license, it's more of an extension of existing licenses. Are we getting all new characters? NO. We're getting Marvel characters re-hashed or re-released. Hopefully we'll get Modok and I'm happy for Dormammu, but it feels more like future Marvel waves with video game figures thrown in. I will be buying these, but I was really hoping for something different.

like I said earlier. a sigh a head shake and thoughts about. what could have been.

Did we know Diamond got the Musters licence before today? No Minimates - just 7" figures:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2011/02/munsters-blog/

Herman looks terrific. I'm a big fan of Frankenstein's Monster but don't have any figures of him because I like my Frankenstein's Monster to be a little sillier then the very stoic ones that have been made, Herman should do very nicely.

Also it's not confirmed... but how can we NOT get minimates? It's all parts reuse from the Universal Monsters/Marvel/BttF it would be like the Fantastic Four TRU wave of horror and they'd look fantastic with the Universal Monsters, Ghostbusters, and the few Darkstalkers we've got/are getting (and heck, throw Blade in there too!)