UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Femmes Fatales Minimates

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DMC11598.jpg

These are very nice looking. I as well hope they don't get spiked and actually make it to retail. I pray there is enough support for these, cause that's the only way we'll probably see the follow up set with Anne Bonnie, L'il Red, Alice and Medusa.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

pre-ordered my set, unironically and not 'to make sure we get the public domain set with the pirate' (which I do want, we need a pig-tails hair piece), but because I actually think it's a nice set.

my fiancee likes Lady Death and likes the look of the Tarot mate, I think the Dark Chylde (or however it's spelt, I know it's "child" but it looks like it should be "chillied") mate looks pretty swank although her comic sounds terrible (something about dreaming monsters and they come to life?)... Dawn still the lamest of the set, she was before too with Witchblade and the like, but at least this one is in green underwear, she can probably hide among the Batman Rogues and no one will know she's not Poison Ivy. All four will probably end up on my shelf rather then the fodder pile, which is pretty rare for box sets.

Gonna be saddened when it's canned just like Tarot and whatever 3rd form these take on gets canned after that.

I don't have any interest in these, but they look great. Curious about how the wings on the first woman work. Doesn't look like a powerhouse chest. She doesn't seem to be using the device used for the Angel figures, either. . .maybe the connectors are sculpted to her chest block or hair?

I don't have any interest in these, but they look great. Curious about how the wings on the first woman work. Doesn't look like a powerhouse chest. She doesn't seem to be using the device used for the Angel figures, either. . .maybe the connectors are sculpted to her chest block or hair?

I was wondering that, too. It would be a shame, and really reduce the usefulness of those wings as a customizing piece, if they're attached to the hair.

Magnets incorporated into kids' toys are apparently frowned upon these days. Not all magnets & not all toys but I doubt somehow that DST would take the risk . Things must have changed recently because I know there is one mini block-figure line that used them in the feet....can't think of their name though ?

Edited by buttheadsmate

I just realized, where the original Tarot box set Tarot had new boots with the armor and spikes sculpted on but the Femme Fatales box set Tarot just has tempo legs.

Not that it doesn't look better, I just find it weird we've been told sculpting cost less then tempo paint but in both the case of Movie Thor (look at the concept art) and Tarot armored pieces were removed for rather complex tempos but at the same time Thor's arms couldn't be completely 'chain mailed' because of cost... whatever I guess.

Maybe they plug into sockets in her hair like the setup on angel's wing harness?

That would be my guess to. It would be kind of stupid on DST's part if the wings were permanently attached to the hair.

Magnets incorporated into kids' toys are apparently frowned upon these days. Not all magnets & not all toys but I doubt somehow that DST would take the risk . Things must have changed recently because I know there is one mini block-figure line that used them in the feet....can't think of their though ?

I-Men

Magnets incorporated into kids' toys are apparently frowned upon these days. Not all magnets & not all toys but I doubt somehow that DST would take the risk . Things must have changed recently because I know there is one mini block-figure line that used them in the feet....can't think of their though ?

I-Men used magnets in the feet and came with collector coins for stands. Maybe thats what you were thinking of

• 2 months later...

I hope this set comes out, I don't much like Alice (the licensed Alice looks better, but both are still boring as crap), but the two pirates are fun, and with Red's hair piece I'll have everything I need to make Suicide Squad #1 Harley Quinn (that hair, BttF 3 gun belt, Mjolnir, Mary Marvel Cape, and New Goblin sword) plus, I've been wanting a hoodie piece, so it'd nice Red has one of those too.