UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Femmes Fatales Minimates

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire Wave 2 Minimates are based on interpretations created by DST for their Femme Fatales statue line, they aren't creator owned characters like Tarot, Darkchylde, Dawn, etc.

Check out this old Art Asylum Blog post about Chuck taking the public domain characters and giving them an updated look.

In fact, they recently wrote Medusa into the Calico Jack mythos!

I'm happy to be wrong then! :)

If only the orders are high enough to get these! The insert for wave one had set 2 listed as set 1 and vice versa! I'm sad they rearranged them, I could have lived without set 1

Sorry, didn't see this thread way down here! We should move it to Current licenses!

Yes, Set 2 is all our characters -- it's confusing, since Set 1 was all other people's. Yes, that means no royalties, but that doesn't always mean a set is an automatic yes if orders are low. Yes, packaged samples are in. I'll post some pics soon, and maybe some new loose shots. I also took some pics back when I first got samples:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2011/08/femme-fatales-minimates-the-photo-shoot/

Sorry I didn't see this. If you ever need me to weigh in on something, PM me.

Medusa looks to have a slightly less deathly pallor in the packaging shots than she did in the promo's.

post-2737-0-19024600-1324561075_thumb.jp vs post-2737-0-60856100-1324561089_thumb.jp ?

She doesn't look bad with the more human hue, but i kinda liked her looking a bit more paranormal. Still - very nice looking set. Can't wait to get my hands on a couple of sets. :thumbsup:

Medusa looks to have a slightly less deathly pallor in the packaging shots than she did in the promo's.

post-2737-0-19024600-1324561075_thumb.jp vs post-2737-0-60856100-1324561089_thumb.jp ?

She doesn't look bad with the more human hue, but i kinda liked her looking a bit more paranormal. Still - very nice looking set. Can't wait to get my hands on a couple of sets. :thumbsup:

NOOOOO!!!

I liked her better in the promo shot, with the pale blue skin! She looked more undersea mermaid-like and I really liked how she stood out from the rest.

NOOOOO!!!

I liked her better in the promo shot, with the pale blue skin! She looked more undersea mermaid-like and I really liked how she stood out from the rest.

Sorry, monkeycrumb. Not sure what happened there. Hope we can make a pale version sometime in the future.

Edited by Zach Oat

don't get me wrong, she still looks like a great figure! and i love that she is now tied into the Calico Jack mythos too, but she looked a bit more 'other worldly' in her promo shots, which i think suited the character. I'll still get at least one.

Edit: TYPO

Edited by Nessex

• 2 weeks later...

What date do these ship? Zach?

Also curious on the Vehicles wave 3 with Kitt and Halo boxset 4 shipping date :biggrin:

It LOOKS like they ship 1/18? Not sure why I had an earlier date. Apologies.

Minimates Vehicles Series 3 SHOULD be 1/25. Ditto SPM KITT.

Halo might be a ways off at this point, we went back and retooled some new parts.