UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this will probably get an 'Ask DST' answer (deservedly so), but Zach, can you say how pleased Capcom is with the product you guys are making and if they're wanting to work with you more at this point?

We're working with them on SFxT. We'll see what comes next!

I think RE6 minimates would sell well. They could do a chase set per wave that has characters like Chris and Leon in their earlier costumes.

Just making Resident Evil Minimates altogether would be awesome.

Wave 1: Resident Evil 1

Chris Redfield/Cerberus (zombie dog)

Jill Valentine/Web Spinner

Barry Burton/Zombie

Rebecca Chambers/Zombie (variant)

TRU exclusives:

Albert Wesker/Tyrant

Hunter/Chimera

Wave 2: Resident Evil 2

Leon Kennedy/Licker

Claire Redfield/Giant Moth

Ada Wong/Zombie

Annette Birkin/Zombie (variant)

TRU exclusives:

Sherry Birkin/William Birkin G-2

William Birkin G-3 (can change into G-4)/Ivy Plant

Wave 3: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Jill Valentine/Nemesis

Carlos Oliveria/Hunter (Beta)

Nicholai Zinoviev/Zombie

Mikhail Victor/Zombie (variant)

TRU exclusives:

Brad Vickers/Zombie Brad

Brain Sucker/Drain Deimos

And so on....

But female figures don't sell well at Toys R Us, which is where we sell the most figures. Unfortunate.

-Moonstone

-Secret Wars Spider-woman

-X:OW SilverFox

-Betsy Braddock

-Iron Man 2 Black Widow

-Sue Storm

-Lady Sif (movie)

-AoA Blink

-XFA Mystique

-XFA Emma Frost

-Betsy Braddock (AGAIN?!)

-Avengers Black Widow

-ASM Gwen Stacy

-Boomer

-Mirage

-Magma

-Janine in GB costume

-Lori from Walking Dead

-Library Ghost (whom I almost don’t want to count, since it’s really splitting hairs, but then I realized she’s the only TRU GB wave 1 figure with unique tooling)

-girl Vindicator who’s name I forgot and don’t feel like finding in the database/wave 14 thread

-there’s some BSG and probably other lines I’m forgetting so I’ll just end this.

Look, I’m not saying these weren’t/won’t be slow seller, I don’t have the sales data in front of me so I’d be basing off what I’ve seen and from what I’ve seen the figures I don’t snatch up the day the case is put out tend to sit around for 5 weeks then when I need one for a custom are suddenly sold out in a 50 mile radius, so I’m a sh**ty market analyst. I’m just saying maybe Hsein-ko isntead of Ryu wouldn’t have been the end of the world if TWO Betsy Braddocks didn’t kill the line... or maybe it would have, I don’t have a time machine to alter history with either.

the point is, my post wasted 5 minutes of your life you’ll never get back. Carry on!

This generation doesn't have it so bad with the "female figures don't sell" theory. If anyone collected figures in the early 90s, you would know what I mean. Us X-Men fans had Storm, then for a while nothing. We got Rogue and Phoenix years later, and they were hard as hell to find. Now we get Dani Moonstar and Magma in the same pack. We've come a long way baby!

Edited by bigvis497

I understand what you're saying (and looking at it now - it's quite an impressive list of female characters), but keep in mind that almost every one of those figures you mentioned was short-packed AND featured a silver 'TRU Exclusive' sticker - which helped to make them Scalper bait.

A lot of them also featured non-unique or re-usable parts.

It's a total shame we didn't get to see Tron Bonne or Hsein-Ko. Until MODOK came out, the only way i thought we'd see her is if she were released as a MAX vehicle. Seeing MODOK gave me a bit of hope that maybe they could get her released in a normal two-pack, but now that it's been explained - i totally understand why she never made it. At least Modok's crazy get-up might be used again in the Marvel line. And even then, they had to package him with a hugely popular character to see him released.

Edited by Nessex

I dunno, I think MODOK could have been packed with any other character and he still would have sold.

This is surely truth. MODOK could have come packed with that crappy parker/spidey composite figure from years ago or even Riot Spidey and I would have snatched the 2 pack up with out thinking twice

that crappy parker/spidey composite figure from years ago

Wow! Out of curiosity, do you just not like the admittedly campy silver-age feel of this figure? Because I think it still holds up as one of the most clever and well-produced Minimates to date. Comparing it to Riot Spidey, a mess of bad paintwork and sloppy execution representative of probably the line's lowest point, seems excessive.

Edited by Lobsterman

Just making Resident Evil Minimates altogether would be awesome.

Wave 1: Resident Evil 1

Chris Redfield/Cerberus (zombie dog)

Jill Valentine/Web Spinner

Barry Burton/Zombie

Rebecca Chambers/Zombie (variant)

TRU exclusives:

Albert Wesker/Tyrant

Hunter/Chimera

Wave 2: Resident Evil 2

Leon Kennedy/Licker

Claire Redfield/Giant Moth

Ada Wong/Zombie

Annette Birkin/Zombie (variant)

TRU exclusives:

Sherry Birkin/William Birkin G-2

William Birkin G-3 (can change into G-4)/Ivy Plant

Wave 3: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Jill Valentine/Nemesis

Carlos Oliveria/Hunter (Beta)

Nicholai Zinoviev/Zombie

Mikhail Victor/Zombie (variant)

TRU exclusives:

Brad Vickers/Zombie Brad

Brain Sucker/Drain Deimos

And so on....

I totally did that earlier in the thread, lol... :thumbsup:

I for one would have wanted a Hsien-Ko mate instead of 2 Ryu figures.

Much as I like the SF1 Ryu look, I do agree. Considering the original SF/Darkstalkers line got cancelled I had hoped we'd squeeze as many out of the latter as possible.

• 2 weeks later...