UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

Is Mega Man Zero not Mega Man?

No. Ther is a game called megaman zero ,but its the future continuation of the x series. And zero is just called zero. And megaman is the first series. Then comes x (Wich is a nother robot that was made to be like the first.Then after the x series(Wich has zero in the first version like in MvsC3), comes the zero series.The zero series is when zero wakes up in the future ,and is totaly changed. Hes more skiny and has a different looking body and sword. Thats it. I got confused too when I first knew ther where diferent versions.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it wasn't for this thread, I might've broken my Wesker's hip, too. I'm sorry it's happened to so many, but thank you very much for sharing.

I told my LCS manager when I stopped in about the problem, and that I'd open it in front of him, and would need to swap it for another if it broke. It took a LOOOOOONG time, and a LOT of swearing, lol, but I got them both to move. When I budged the first one, I took it off, both to get more leverage and to not risk hurting the one I'd freed. The second was considerably more difficult, but I managed it loose.

My suggestions to anyone who hasn't opened or bought them yet - go slow & gentle.shrugshoulders.gif

If it wasn't for this thread, I might've broken my Wesker's hip, too. I'm sorry it's happened to so many, but thank you very much for sharing.

I told my LCS manager when I stopped in about the problem, and that I'd open it in front of him, and would need to swap it for another if it broke. It took a LOOOOOONG time, and a LOT of swearing, lol, but I got them both to move. When I budged the first one, I took it off, both to get more leverage and to not risk hurting the one I'd freed. The second was considerably more difficult, but I managed it loose.

My suggestions to anyone who hasn't opened or bought them yet - go slow & gentle.shrugshoulders.gif

Your shop owner lets you open toys, break them and then give them back? Wow. Most refer you to customer service.

Sorry about the stickiness, guys.

Mega Man Zero is, I believe, Zero in Mega Man colors. So really, it's "Mega Man" Zero.

And I do not believe we can make characters owned by other companies for SFXT. Pac-Man, Cole... pretty sure that Mega Man is out as well, but has anybody Asked DST?

Mega Man Zero is, I believe, Zero in Mega Man colors. So really, it's "Mega Man" Zero.

And I do not believe we can make characters owned by other companies for SFXT. Pac-Man, Cole... pretty sure that Mega Man is out as well, but has anybody Asked DST?

Pac-Man and Mega Man are both owned by Namco (Tekken) and Capcom, so the character rights could possibly be in the contract?

Kuro, Toro and Cole are all owned by Sony.

I would love more Capcom 'Mates, hope SFxT sells well and convinces DST and Capcom, and Namco to make more Minimates

I would love more Capcom 'Mates, hope SFxT sells well and convinces DST and Capcom, and Namco to make more Minimates

SECOND! I'd love to see a line of Mega Man minimates (Classic, X and Zero would make me a happy bunny), a continuation of Street Fighter, focusing on well known and fan favourites and maybe even Darkstalkers, if the rumoured DS4 is on it's way.

In fact with DST getting MvC3 and SFxT, I'm calling it now - Darkstalkers 4 is the next Capcom minimates line ;) Every minimate collection needs a British Kung-Fu warewolf with a pair of nunchaku!

Your shop owner lets you open toys, break them and then give them back? Wow. Most refer you to customer service.

Lol, no, but I'm a firm believer in exchanging defective merchandise at the point of purchase (and I've yet to encounter a business that doesn't allow that within reasonable time with the receipt), and since I knew about this problem ahead of time, and knew he'd be cool about it (especially if he was witness to any breakage), I didn't want to make multiple trips (or have it be a possibility of assumed "user error" & be denied replacement) just in case.

But nothing broke, so the only pack I opened was the one I ended up paying for.

I am still a firm believer that the MegaMan series, along with Mortal Kombat, are easily the best video game properties out there that would translate best to the Minimate style of figure. They have human-based character designs and a huge library of recognizable characters. Plus, there would be so many similar parts since there are a lot of characters that share costume/body styles. It would also make a lot of easy color variations that could be excluisves. I'm really surprised either hasn't happened yet.

I got my 4 pack today of wave 3.

Wesker and Doom came out nicely, no broken parts or worries, thank goodness. But while I love Doom, his cloak makes posing difficult.

Cap and Ryu are nice, but nothing too major to care about.

Chun Li and She Hulk are nice, except for Chun Li's really stiff arms. The sculpt seems very tight and difficult to bend without fear of breaking her arm. And it came with the same stand that came with V Joe, but I don't know who to use it on yet, lol.

Felicia and X23 round out the set, and I love all the extras for Felicia. Her cat paw gloves and tail are too cute, lol.

I loved this line a lot, and once I get MODOK/Akuma and Thor/Ammy, I'll be depressed cause I wanted mroe from this line...

I recieved my Viper/Skrull and Jill/Storm sets today. Awesome stuff! I really like the Jill especially.

I would find it strange if Capcom and Namco allowed them to make Minimates of Street Fighter and Tekken characters but not of BBA Megaman and Pacman who are on the game. I understand that the cats and Cole won't be made, I don't care about them anyway. I just want BBA Megaman so I have at least one good Megaman character (I loathe Zero) in my display. Because I have an xbox 360, I can't play as Pacman and Megaman so it'd lighten the blow if I could get the Minimate.

I also wonder if there will be a line of RE6 minimates. That would be cool as we'd probably get Leon Kennedy. I would be so excited if they did a RCPD Leon. I wish they'd sign a deal with Capcom, where they can just do a Capcom line from any series. Think of all the great characters we could get.

So I went ahead and ordered these from TRU, because I didn't really feel like haunting TRUs for a week, and then, lo and behold, before they arrived, I found myself by a TRU, and of course they had wave 3 in stock. Even though I knew I had one on the way, I just couldn't pass up MODOK. He's just... so beautiful *sniff*. Sadly, he's caused some controversy in the Hellpop household, as the other humans are decidedly anti-MODOK (the cats are noncommittal). My wife has long complained about the Marvel Legends MODOK (it probably doesn't help that I occasionally hide him around the house) and was none too happy to see a Minimate of him. "Stop it," I cried, "You'll hurt his feelings!"

"What feelings?" she replied. "He's designed only for killing. He doesn't have feelings."

She's got me there, I thought. His name's not MODOF.

Sadly, she's turned our daughter against him, whom usually sides with me when it comes to superheroes. She didn't like it when I told her to think of MODOK as her new brother. Maybe that was a bit too far. Ah well.

The rest of the sets are very nice. I don't play video games, so most of them are going to end up as fodder/trade bait, but that wolf is very cool. The blond guys does turn nicely into Neo, so that's good. On the Marvel side, Dr. Doom is spectacular. Just perfect. I like Thor a lot more then I thought I would, considering that Thor Reborn is one of my favorite 'mates. I still like that one better, but this is a nice variation. I really do appreciate that he's not just the same Thor figure rereleased with a new paint job (I'm looking at you, Hasbro Marvel Universe line...<_<). No Cap/Ryu for me, though; since I'm buying these mostly for the Marvel characters, another Captain America is NOT an enticement.

Edited by hellpop

I managed to snag the last MODOK pack at any TRU in the valley last night, phew. Picked up Amaterasu and Thor as well, and i'm quite pleased with all of them. I wish Akuma had an updated "fireball" though. Also happened to find Mirage and Magma ftw.

Also, if they made Megaman minimates, I would buy every single villain from the first six games without exception. Also, I'd love the villains from Megaman X. A Storm Eagle minimate would be to die for.

I am posing all the ones I have so far, and dear lord, I am running out of room so far, lol.

Since I only started collecting minimates at the start of MvC3's wave one, its still pretty lackluster, but its still pretty big, considering the Marvel side is bolstered by the AvX SDCC 4 pack. Though I plan on using the SFxT line to help out Capcom's side, lol.

I'm going to show off pics soon, as soon as I can find my good camera. I love how varied a lot of the poses are. That was the hardest part, especially for characters like Deadpool, Taskmaster, Wolverine, X23, Ryu/Red Ryu, and Chun Li.

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

Edited by Zexion_Armando