UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the offer Shane, but it's just more that I lack the option of trucking over to the local comic shop to browse around. I could almost always find things cheaper online when they were opened. We've still got one in town, but they aren't very good.

I kind of dug the comic shop that was uptown near Tulane. I also liked that one near Lakeside Mall. Even though it really wasn't, it seemed bigger because they had an upstairs area you could visit. :D

The one by Tulane has the same old Star Wars figures and nothig else. Prices are high and never change. The one by the mall has gotten better IMO. They are the ones now selling used TPBs & HCs. I read these A LOT and have way too many.

Hey Freakquilzer, I am originally from Louisiville. The TRU on Shelbyville Road usually gets a lot of minimates, but they tend to go fast.

K80, I don't frequent the couple of comic shops here because its always the same stuff with the same high prices or they are just not competetive with online retailers. However, one of them just started reselling used TPBs and HCs for 1/2 the retail (instead of 100% they charged before) and this drew me back. Their mini sets are now about the same price as most online retailers, so I usually buy the harder to find sets only. If I can ever help you find something, let me know.

Man..i love the city so much. I'm sure you had your reasons..but i don't know why any one would move.

Thanks for the offer Shane, but it's just more that I lack the option of trucking over to the local comic shop to browse around. I could almost always find things cheaper online when they were opened. We've still got one in town, but they aren't very good.

I kind of dug the comic shop that was uptown near Tulane. I also liked that one near Lakeside Mall. Even though it really wasn't, it seemed bigger because they had an upstairs area you could visit. :D

The one by Tulane has the same old Star Wars figures and nothig else. Prices are high and never change. The one by the mall has gotten better IMO. They are the ones now selling used TPBs & HCs. I read these A LOT and have way too many.

Comic book stores like this always boggle my mind. I've been in stores that have entire walls devoted to dusty old pre-Marvel Legends Toy Biz figures, old DC Direct figures, and the like. I want to say to the owner(s): "don't you realize that you're tying up a massive amount of your sales floor on stock that has no market? Why don't you at least mark those down?" At this point, it's all dead inventory. And these stores, of course, never order new toys, which might actually SELL, because their pegs are full of this stuff that's almost 20 years old at this point. Comic book store owners... are not always great business men.:rolleyes:

Anyone else noticing inconsistent MODOK face tampo placement? Of the sets I saw (and grabbed) only one has his chin on his face and not on his orange chin guard thingy. I found one between two stores that had his face tampo on his face and not either too low or too high on the head/body/thing.

Argh! Ordered them online this morning only to find a sealed case in store today. Figures…

On the plus side, I got to cherry-pick a MODOK with a really nice face tempo. 2 of the 3 were a good bit off so it looks like I will be returning my .com order.

Thanks Lobsterman, I needed to find the sku's and I couldn't find them online. So I back tracked and found your post. I appreciate it, with out you....no MODOK!

For the first time in about 10 waves, I actually found these in the store around release date! My TRU is usually weeks to months behind other stores. Picked up MODOK, and will probably grab a Doom later on down the road. Oh yeah, MODOK is (high pitched voice) awwwwwsooooome!(end high pitched voice) :D

Thanks Lobsterman, I needed to find the sku's and I couldn't find them online. So I back tracked and found your post. I appreciate it, with out you....no MODOK!

For future reference, the SKU and item number are both on the "Additional information" tab on the product page on TRU.com.

Anyone else notice that MODOK's so fat he doesn't fit in his box?

Ba-dump bump.

Scored these and the Halo wave 5 yesterday at my TRU. Also found a DKR Catwoman! Great day :woot:

Edited by Onyx_6