UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

OMG! RESIDENT EVIL 5 MINIMATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WESKER AND CHRIS! THE TWO CHARACTERS I'VE ALWAYS WANTED MINIMATE'D!

I see Jack in your avatar and imagine you reading this post with as much exuberance as he seems to have there.

I must say, it comes off as a bit sarcastic :D

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see it now, here is a prediction for DST Q/A's for he next few years:

Fanguy: Why oh why did you cancel MvC3 after only 2 waves we really need more obscure Capcom characters in alternate costumes to go with the alternate costume spiderman and wolverines.

DST Chuck: Well the line didn't sell as well as we hoped, despite our efforts to time it to come out at the same time as the 1 year anniversary downloadable content. but we never say never...

2013:

Fanguy2: Is there any chance we will see you completing the rosters for MvC3 now that Capcom have announced the "golden ripoff edition"?

DST CHUCK: I think that the time for that line has passed...

2014:

Fanguy3: Please please give us more MvsC3 characters, the game is a classic and there will always be demand for it.

DST Chuck: I think this has been covered before but there is nothing in the current line plan.

2015:

Fanguy4: With the announcement of a new SFvsDC Game are you looking at doing minimates.

DST Chuck: Not at this time we don't really do videogame licenses, as they haven't done well for us in the past.

2016: DST announces SFvsDC minimates...

And so the circle of life goes on

T.

Anyone else thinking that DST missed the bus with these and timing again?

The game is out next week and they are probably no further along than Prototype stages?

I know you guys are excited but I smell peg warmers... just a gut feeling.

T.

Yep, these figures need to be in stores TODAY since the game comes out tomorrow, not 5 months after. Hopefully we'll get more than a wave or two (or a box set or two) out of this line so that ALL the characters get minimated.

The game is out next week and they are probably no further along than Prototype stages?

T.

Eh, I think they'll do alright.

I think packing the capcom figs with the marvel figs will be enough to keep the line afloat a short while. At least enough to sell what we've seen pictures of.

It's enough to get me to buy every last one of them, even though I really have no interest in half the capcom characters. (Though I do really want Wesker, Felicia & C. Viper)

I'd never buy Viewtiful Joe, or Arthur or Dante on my own (I hear Devil May Cry is cool, but I never played it) but since I'm a marvel completionist, the whole set is must haves for me. So long as they're packed together.

T.

Eh, I think they'll do alright.

I think packing the capcom figs with the marvel figs will be enough to keep the line afloat a short while. At least enough to sell what we've seen pictures of.

It's enough to get me to buy every last one of them, even though I really have no interest in half the capcom characters. (Though I do really want Wesker, Felicia & C. Viper)

I'd never buy Viewtiful Joe, or Arthur or Dante on my own (I hear Devil May Cry is cool, but I never played it) but since I'm a marvel completionist, the whole set is must haves for me. So long as they're packed together.

This. Both sides feel the same way. Double sales. Instant win.

Don't know if this was fan made or what. Probably.

MarvelVsCapcomMM.jpg

Also, quick comparisons with the original wave 2.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/item_arc...es_Series_2.asp

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=8&itemid=8248

Nope, i mentioned it a couple pages back. It was on "Page 2" of the Art Asylum Gallery. They looked very nice together when they were up online.

WESKER!!!! I gotta say...something's off. I may actually like my custom version(s) better. Can't wait to buy him, but i hope for a good Chris and Jill to follow or i may be a little let down.

These all look great. And to everyone saying "TOO MUCH DEADPOOL," don't let his comic overexposure creep into this. MvC3 Deadpool is only our 3rd comic Deadpool. We have 4 Psylockes. Wanna rethink that argument?

Trish and Dante are quickly becoming favorites, and i love the Blackhawk gun. Instant purchases for the entire series.

Don't know if this was fan made or what. Probably.

Also, quick comparisons with the original wave 2.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/item_arc...es_Series_2.asp

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=8&itemid=8248

These all look great. And to everyone saying "TOO MUCH DEADPOOL," don't let his comic overexposure creep into this. MvC3 Deadpool is only our 3rd comic Deadpool. We have 4 Psylockes. Wanna rethink that argument?

This is our 4th comic Deadpool. Him and Psylocke are even.

Deadpool: Modern, Liefield X-Force, Current X-Force, MvC3. WITH the two movie versions he's at 6 total.

Psylocke: 90s, Caped, X-Force & The new one.

Not that I'm complaining, I love X-Men, so I'll buy them all. No such thing as too much Deadpool or Psylocke imo. (What I'd REALLY like is a "Revanche" Psylocke.)

Just saying your comparison is slightly flawed... hehe...

Edited by Gillbob316

Zero and Phoenix/Jean!!!! I wish the yellow was more mettalic, but these are proto so who knowsClipboard02-3.jpg

I think that the colors will stay as is. Think about it, DST is trying to capture the look and colors of the game. I'll be extremely surprised if they use metallic paints for any of these guys.

Plus - we've already had a Green & Metallic Gold phoenix. You could always do a head swap if you want this look with metallic golf gloves/boots.

EDIT: I'd REALLY like to see the MVC3 Jean come with the actual Femmes Fetales Medusa Hair! i think that'd look wicked!

Edited by Nessex

Any chance we could see variant colors or characters? I keep hoping there is some way to get Ken out of all this.

Also, that blonde in the black gear is a close enough Black Canary for me... Yahoo, DC mini mates return! Lol

Edited by The Vox

Maybe we can get the actual fem fatale Medusa hair on a Dark Phoenix variant! And I want a White Phoenix with a pearly finish like 90s Storm or Moonstone.

Plus - we've already had a Green & Metallic Gold phoenix. You could always do a head swap if you want this look with metallic golf gloves/boots.

EDIT: I'd REALLY like to see the MVC3 Jean come with the actual Femmes Fetales Medusa Hair! i think that'd look wicked!

Any chance we could see variant colors or characters? I keep hoping there is some way to get Ken out of all this.

Last I checked, Ryu doesn't have Ken#s colours as one of his alternative looks. I am hoping this will open the door to Super Street Fighter IV so I can get a Dudley mate to clean up the Gutter Trash ;).

[edit] First batch of DLC costumes have been revealed, including Steve's current costume, Danta's dad (I think), Resident Evil 1 Chris (I think) and SF1 Ryu:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/feb/15/...com-3-trailers/

Fingers crossed they'll get released as minimates :D

Edited by pawcanada

In terms of potential sales, after Star Wars, I can't imagine a better license for DST. So from that perspective, I am glad they got it and completely understand that they're targeting an all-new, all-different audience from us with this which dictates the Spideys and Iron Men. On the bright side of that, maybe we'll get wacky colored "Player 2" repaints.

And from my own perspective, I'm really looking forward to Haggar, Modok, Arthur, and Res. Evil guys. But now it stings twice as bad that Mega Man, Strider, and other SF guys like Ken and Guile didn't transition from MVC 2.

A thousand times this. This license is so huge that it opens more doors for DST than Halo, Jak and Daxter, and Ratchet & Clank. Why? Well why do you collect things? To complete teams right? And when Capcom fans buy these packs, they will want to complete the whole roster. And when they complete the whole roster (with or without DST's help), they're going to want to go back and collect older Minimates to fill out the gaps in their collection. It gives DST an opportunity to make different or improved versions of older Minimates, and as we've seen from the prototypes and the control art, there's something for everyone. Even if you don't like Capcom, I know you're going to want to buy Dormammu. Even if you don't like Street Fighter or Darkstalkers, you might like Viewtiful Joe, Arthur, Zero, or Amaterasu. If MvC3 Minimates work out, think of all the video game Minimates we could get.

I don't see why some of you think that hype will go down in five months. Fighting game crowds play these games for MONTHS after release. This isn't just some new forgettable game that comes out every once in a while. This is a sequel to a cult classic that fans have enjoyed for YEARS, to the point where it's still played in major cash tournaments, that I don't see why it should be any different for MvC3. And with the possibility of more DLC characters, which MvC 1&2 didn't even have, this is definitely going to go on strong.

If you don't believe me, go on eBay or even GameStop and look at what any version of MvC2 is going for. Also look for the figures on eBay. There is definitely enough demand for a really old game and really old figures, so these Minimates should grab some of these people's attention.

Y'know, with a bit of paint, Ryu's hairpiece could be used for an awesome Solid Snake custom.

I was actually thinking that the character with the headband from the Age of X boxset would make a good Solid Snake.

I didn't know that the rights to Mega Man were owned by somebody else. Not quite as nuts about this now, knowing that we're getting a Robin but not Batman so to speak.

Zero is a standalone character. Keiji Inafune originally wanted Zero to be the main character of the X series (which is the future in the same setting as the original series.

Dr. Wily created Zero to take over the world, but that obviously went wrong. He was still successful in creating one of the most powerful robots, even more powerful than Forte (aka Bass) who is really unstable

), but he was pressured by Capcom to make Mega Man the main character because they believed that fans wouldn't want to play the game without Mega Man. But later on Zero got his own series.

I hope none of these are TRU exclusives. Not only are those a pain in the rear to find, but it would leave a lot of overseas collectors out in the cold, and no one should have to miss out on the fun of these.

Seriously. It would really help out my LCS if these were hobby store waves as we have SSF4 and MvC3 tournaments.

I don't see why some of you think that hype will go down in five months. Fighting game crowds play these games for MONTHS after release. This isn't just some new forgettable game that comes out every once in a while. This is a sequel to a cult classic that fans have enjoyed for YEARS, to the point where it's still played in major cash tournaments, that I don't see why it should be any different for MvC3. And with the possibility of more DLC characters, which MvC 1&2 didn't even have, this is definitely going to go on strong.

If you don't believe me, go on eBay or even GameStop and look at what any version of MvC2 is going for. Also look for the figures on eBay. There is definitely enough demand for a really old game and really old figures, so these Minimates should grab some of these people's attention.

Thanks for the feedback, Dio. As a non-gamer this train of thought wasn't something I considered before.

Everybody loves to cite Street Fighter wave 1 as a sign that this license is doomed to fail, but as BHM mentioned before those were vastly underrated waves that came pretty early in Minimate history and so may have had several factors working against them. Of course there's no guaranteeing the same issues won't hound MvC3 this time around, but I like to think that back then Minimates were still finding their voice (having just been newly acquired by DST at the time), and with the Marvel mates having made it to 37 waves this line might stand a better chance.

I bought what I could of the SF mates because I appreciated their nostalgia factor, though by the time I discovered them the line had already been dead and buried. Marvel still has an audience and people are still enjoying the games, who's to say that this line can't make both work in their favor?