UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, over a 100 Sentinels packs sold in less than 2 hours, damn it, I work during the day and can't keep logging into TRU website!

I thought Toysrus was limiting the number you can add to the cart. The person buying TRU clean is the same scalper who I just paid 16.99 for 1 sentinel for. It's too bad that Toysrus allows you to fill up your cart with 100 of these and check out still. Makes me wonder if Toysrus has ANY other action figure product that sells this quickly online. No wonder they keep making exclusives with such ridiculous demand. And to think I actually HATE the tiny scale of these sentinels.

If it hadn't been so predictable it would have been funny.

Since I first read that the TRU cases started turning up at just about everywhere other than........TRU :rolleyes: .......it was highly likely that the initially expected stocks at TRU.com would be ....would be.....would obviously be ....of course they would be....less than expected .

Another nail.

Are most people buying that pack for the Sentinel or for Ryu? IMO, we got a better Sentinel already and we're getting a better Ryu in MvC3 wave 3.

I got my Wolve/Viewtiful Joe pack today from Luke. Joe instantly became one of my favorites (I love the games). Wolvie is nice and has some detailing I hadn't noticed before. I'm glad to have him in his modern costume, but I really wanted this set for Viewtiful Joe.

Doesn't anyone else think it's weird that the non-short packs are out of stock also? My guess is that they didn't add all of their inventory today and that there are more Sentinels arriving with the other two.

At least that's what I'll tell myself when I try and sleep tonight.

Suddenly, overpaying for the one on eBay doesn't seem so impulsive after all.

If anyone who got through on these doesn't want the Taskmaster and Sentinel halfs of the sets, I will glad compensate you for the other half. Maybe even with cash money. Or snickerdoodles... does anyone accept snickerdoodles?

Are most people buying that pack for the Sentinel or for Ryu? IMO, we got a better Sentinel already and we're getting a better Ryu in MvC3 wave 3.

I'm more interested in SF1 Ryu, but want them both. I'm more nostalgic for the other Ryu look of course, but I need that SF I Ryu, as well.

Doesn't anyone else think it's weird that the non-short packs are out of stock also? My guess is that they didn't add all of their inventory today and that there are more Sentinels arriving with the other two.

I think you're right about them staggering the availability of these, but I don't think we'll necessarily see more of the variants come up for sale when the commons come in stock.

Suddenly, overpaying for the one on eBay doesn't seem so impulsive after all.

These haven't had a chance to trickle into the TRU stores yet. They may not cost retail on eBay when all is said and done, but nor will they cost $17 a pop.

Oh I know, Doc80, not my first rodeo and all. It's not often in the process that they flash sell out quit quickly. Shakes a man's faith. Shakes, but not breaks.

Ah I forgot that there's another Ryu in Wave 3. But I do prefer the Wave 2 Ryu... that just means I can pass on the Wave 3 one since I really don't need yet another Captain America.

45 sentinels listed left... ugh damn them for charging me shipping twice! They have to stop listing when everyone is out working...

Hrm, so they came in stock today? Looks like there are over 100 of the Spencer sets in stock, and 0 Sentinel packs at the moment. I'm guessing there were just a handful of folks buying them up (BBTS, Minimates Menagerie, etc.). Would be nice if TRU would have limited the amount folks could buy of the exclusives, as they have done at times in the past.

Edited by karamazov80

The cap should definately be in effect. I ended up buying 13 of them cause I collect 15 army builders a series and the second set of shipping fees pissed me off so I had to keep adding to break 75.00, but I did get the option this afternoon to put 100 items in my cart.

It's definitely the same damn Ebay "Stores" that keep clearing these out.... PLEASE TRU put a limit of 15-20 per cart MAX for the sake of collectors that work full time day jobs.

15-20?? If you're gonna let folks get 20 packs, you might as well have to limit at all, b/c BBTS et al. will have no problem rounding up 10 employees with different accounts to horde up as much as they can. I'm sure they do that with Matty's sales that have limits of "10 per customer."

I guess from TRU's perspective, if they get them sold, then that's the bottom line. But this whole thing with desirable exclusives being hard to find at retail price gets old. I know it's part of the life of a Minimate collector nowadays, but it is one of the major issues that leaves a sour taste in my mouth about Minimates.

Edited by karamazov80

It's not necessarily just the ebay stores. All is takes is a few people buying 15 or 20 sets to army build to wipe out their stock, guys. Granted, you may be buying them because you honestly want to have 20 of a character on your shelf, but the fact remains that it eats up stock someone else might want, just the same as a scalper.

This isn't condemning army building or saying anyone is a bad person. Just... think about it before buying that many. For one person to have an army means someone else didn't get any.

And that's your Mr. Rogers moment for the day. :tongue:

I lucked out and managed to get the my Sentinel sets today. Unfortunately, I didn't see them until I had bought the Taskmaster set from TRU's ebay store. I watched them after that, and I think they were all gone within the hour, while the Taskmaster sets didn't appear to move at all. Never saw the Redfield set come in stock.

While courtesy for fellow collectors would always be nice, I don't blame folks too much for army building, and I don't blame Minimates Menagerie for what they are doing too much, either (different motive, same outcome, as you say). This is TRU's fault, and they're just doing what TRU allows them to do. If TRU wants to keep seasoned collectors from getting more and more disillusioned, though, then they might consider changing their policies up a bit. They probably don't care too much about that, though.

Smarter move would actually be if they forced you to buy complete sets of 4 or some such to clear out the "peg warmers."

Smarter move would actually be if they forced you to buy complete sets of 4 or some such to clear out the "peg warmers."

I like this rule - buy 5 or more of the same Minimate set, they add an Iron Fist/Spider-Man set to you cart that you can't remove unless you get less than five.

A little cruel, perhaps, but it would help them move those leftovers.