UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

I feel like when you have to deal with 'fans' like this on occasion, you probably tend to expect the negative comments after awhile. And if it was me, I'd take it personally also.

And just to add to what's been said, there have been more than just a couple issues brought up with Minimates over the years. In fact, it seems that about every wave someone has some kind of issues with something that's released or how it's released and usually there's a fair amount of heated discussion about it. The only thing that's different now is that we have a representative of DST here. Not that that should change too much, but hopefully that puts a little bit of the complaints into perspective that real people have jobs that make these. It's not just a hobby to them, it's their career. And if we're all honest, we've all screwed something up at our jobs, we just usually don't tick off a huge group of fanboys when we do. Maybe having Zach here will remind us to use our manners like we should do anyways.

Sorry for the soapbox; I really shouldn't post here when I'm mad about something else.

Sorry you're mad about something else, groundhog7s. I hope Minimates somehow make it better.

And I think I've said that no one needs to mind their manners on my account. I know there will always be criticisms of DST on this board -- it's what it's for (the love of Minimates is implied). But I'm not gonna let a shot at DST go by without comment, if I feel it's unjustified. Most of you are quick to defend your own opinions when someone comments on them, so I'll do the same for DST. I don't expect to change hearts and minds, but I will attempt to correct false or unfair perceptions. If this is gonna be a problem, let me know, and I'll scale back my comments and interaction.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, this thread's gotten heavy. And all because Boyd made a joke! :)

Let's all remember that this "screwup" is actually good for us, in a way: we've gotten a sneak peak at the TRU exclusives. More Minimates available is good for us. :thumbsup:

As I said before, I think we're pretty supportive as internet communities go. Sure, we express opinions, but very,very rarely do we ever get as venomous as we see in other places. Zach, I think we all appreciate the candor you've shown us since you've been around, and we don't want to change that.

Oh, and I'm sorry I brought up the whole Angel thing again. :blush:

Wait, wait Wait! I got one.

DST's momma is so fat, it would be legitimately more cost-effective to tampo webbing all the way around the legs of every Spider-Man minimate ever made, than to do just one of DST's momma.

Edited by The Geohound

Nah, hp, that's my bad. I brought Angel-Gate up first.

And my motives were mostly pure snark. If I knew it was going to be like bringing up John Byrne's WCA run at an Avengers' panel, I'd have kept my big yap shut.

It's not your presense, Zach, or the amount you are participating. I think everybody has been feeling a little punchy of late, little more combative than normal in general. And not just here, I've noticed it in other places online that nerves seem to be a bit raw. (I lurk on a few other boards just for the news, the customs, and the amusment) We'll blame sunspot activity. Yeah, that's it. It's the sunspots.

Sometime frustrations with a toy line are justified. When I first posted here, it was while I was in the middle of writing my weekly blog and was talking about a certain other toy compnay that not only gives bad service, but borders on fraud (okay, probably could have left the words 'borders on' out of that sentence).

I guess my thinking now is that companies like DST sell toys, we choose to purchase them and the relationship is complete there. They offer goods, we pay them, end of obligation. Anything other than that is extra on their part and can't be expected. Customer service, fan interaction and giving explanations are all extras that we've all come to expect to be part of the price that we purchase items for and I think we frequently take it for granted.

Somehow, someway, it's all Shocker Toys' fault. That's awesome. :)

EDIT: I just wanted to say a little more, lest my comment sound jerky or insensitive. I just thought it funny that our thread here spiraled a bit because of Shocker Toys. Since, you know, everything really is there fault. I swear, Groundhog, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you.

Groundhog: but I'm not laughing.

Anyway, it really is terrible that you and so many others have gotten fleeced by this guy. He's found a flaw in the system, in that he's essentially defrauded a large number of people, but not enough and not for enough to draw federal attention. And, unfortunately, there are always going to be innocent people out there, like you, who will come across their website and think "sure, I'll preorder the Tick". It's just... well, shocking... that this has continued for so long.

Edited by hellpop

Sometime frustrations with a toy line are justified. When I first posted here, it was while I was in the middle of writing my weekly blog and was talking about a certain other toy compnay that not only gives bad service, but borders on fraud (okay, probably could have left the words 'borders on' out of that sentence).

I guess my thinking now is that companies like DST sell toys, we choose to purchase them and the relationship is complete there. They offer goods, we pay them, end of obligation. Anything other than that is extra on their part and can't be expected. Customer service, fan interaction and giving explanations are all extras that we've all come to expect to be part of the price that we purchase items for and I think we frequently take it for granted.

Sorry about your experience, groundhog. That whole situation is... unfortunate.

Perspective is always helpful. Thanks for the reminder, juniorhog. And very sorry you got caught up in all that.

And then to follow up that situation, X-Factor Angel was a 1 per case TRU exclusive.

I thought it was a normal shortpack, just that the distribution wasn't great. I don't recall any discussions on it being a 1 pack per case.

The early TRU waves didn't follow the current pack out because they had 5 different packs per case, unfortunately one of the early exclusive packs drew the short straw (that all changed with TRU Wave 6).

All of these TRU exclusives were 1 per case:

TRU Wave 1: Gauntlet Tony Stark/Stealth Iron Man

TRU Wave 3: Bullseye/Moonstone

TRU Wave 4: X-Factor Angel/Warpath

TRU Wave 5: Cosmic Silver Surfer/Swordsman

...... I am however considering exactly which Con appearance I will be smuggling a pie into for him as a "gift" should Kang not be annouced this year either. Not sayin', just sayin'.

Cookies, my friend, not pie seem to work well :whistling:

"Rabble, Rabble, Rabble" -Angry mob

"Robble Robble Robble" – Hamburglar

"Gobble,Gobble Gobble" -Turkey :teehee:

Cookies, my friend, not pie seem to work well :whistling:

I was thinking more in line with Marvel's Hercules: "Oh Chuck, I have Gift For Thee!" Again this is in case Kang isn't annouced this year. :devil:

I never realised that the Swordsman pack was so rare !

Really? I guess it doesn't have quite the same notoriety as some of the other shortpacks, for whatever reason. Is the Swordsman even appearing regularly any more? I would think, though, that people that missed out on this one the first time around are looking to pick up the Silver Surfer and add him to their Heralds.

Wow. You can certainly tell when a full moon is around the corner. :pinch:

For the record, my LCS got a TRU case as well and I'm in the same boat of those wondering how to get the figures exclusive to the specialty market. After reading through recent comments here I've decided that this is some kind of personal vendetta against myself orchestrated by DST and will be boycotting all Minimates lines indefinitely. (And by "indefinitely" I mean until the next wave hits retail. Or as soon as I find the sets I wanted. I mean it.)

Swordsman and Silver Surfer were that hard to come by? That's crazy. I have an extra of the 2-pack just sitting on my shelf if anyone really needs it.

I like trading.

Just putting that out there for those of you who may have extra Taskmaster packs due to this case shipping mix up and maybe wanna get rid of it. Just sayin' is all.