UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

I wonder why Spiderman's web tampo doesn't go all the way around the arms, but goes all the way around the legs?

But besides that, these look better than expected. Can't wait to see the other 4 packs of wave 2, and hopefully the LCS ones come out with the TRU ones this time.

Edited by Punisher

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the pics, chief

Chris has got to be my fav mate in a long time, looks like real love went into him.

The new dynamic display stands are pretty cool, I like what they're trying there. The Spidey one is piss btw, in the game... he freezes his own piss.

I have one, very minor gripe. and it's a measure of how spoiled I've become. Wolverine- no non claw hands, no neck mask, no spare hair. Minor gripe, not nearly a deal breaker.

I have one, very minor gripe. and it's a measure of how spoiled I've become. Wolverine- no non claw hands, no neck mask, no spare hair. Minor gripe, not nearly a deal breaker.

weve still got another yellow and blue wolverine coming this year so hopefully that one will have a hood mask (along the lines of the brown wolverine mate) and i think existing blue hands and wolverine hair is bountiful so shouldnt be too hard to rectify this

My only gripe with the Wolverines we've been getting is: why isn't DST using the far superior claws from the Wolverine:Origins figures? I can't remember the last time Wolverine was depicted with the round crochet-needle claws in the comics...

X3 claws are better, as are 2009 XForce Wolvy's. WO are too long imo.

My only gripe with the Wolverines we've been getting is: why isn't DST using the far superior claws from the Wolverine:Origins figures? I can't remember the last time Wolverine was depicted with the round crochet-needle claws in the comics...

X3 claws are better, as are 2009 XForce Wolvy's. WO are too long imo.

But the X3 claws are ridiculously flat and weird.

I agree, i LOVE the W:O claws. They should be mandatory.

I just realised looking back at these pictures this morning, the back photograph of packets are different from what I ordered on Luke's toystore?

If this is Wave 2 why does it have Sentinel & Ryu and Nathan Spencer & Taskmaster?

According to Luke's Toystore in Wave 2 we get:

Spider-Man VS Chris Redfield

Wolverine VS Viewtiful Joe

Super Skrull VS Crimson Viper

Storm VS Jill Valentine

:confused: when did this happen? Also to fwoosheyman did you happen to see which other Minimates were in store from this wave?

Rich

I just realised looking back at these pictures this morning, the back photograph of packets are different from what I ordered on Luke's toystore?

If this is Wave 2 why does it have Sentinel & Ryu and Nathan Spencer & Taskmaster?

According to Luke's Toystore in Wave 2 we get:

Spider-Man VS Chris Redfield

Wolverine VS Viewtiful Joe

Super Skrull VS Crimson Viper

Storm VS Jill Valentine

:confused: when did this happen? Also to fwoosheyman did you happen to see which other Minimates were in store from this wave?

Rich

These are from the Toys R Us Marvel vs Capcom Wave 2

Luke is selling the Specialty Store Marvel vs Capcom Wave 2 (since online retailers and comic books are specialty stores and all)

Pretty much every new series of minimates this day in age is, in reality, released as six new sets, not four. Two sets are always shared between Specialty Stores and TRU. Two sets are exclusive to Specialty. Two sets are exclusive to TRU.

(This isn't ALWAYS the case, there is some wiggle room, but it's USUALLY the case)

In this particular wave's case...

Specialty gets Storm vs Jill and Super Skrull vs C. Viper

TRU get Sentinel vs Ryu and Spencer vs Taskmaster

Both TRU and Specialty get the two sets pictured above.

The shared sets are usually the ones with the more popular characters, like Spidey and Wolverine.

The reason that the box is different is because it shows only the sets that TRU gets.

But there's been no change in the specialty wave, and the one listed on Luke's site is the one you'd get from his or any specialty store.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up, I'll have to get someone to go TRU for me in USA to pick up the Sentinel vs Ryu and Spencer vs Taskmaster.

:biggrin:

@ UrbanSabateur - There are 2 versions of each wave; a Toys R Us wave & a Speciality store wave (comic shops).

Both sellers will be stocked with Spider-Man VS Chris Redfield & Wolverine VS Viewtiful Joe.

TRU gets Sentinel vs Ryu and Nathan Spencer vs Taskmaster, while Speciality stores get Super Skrull VS Crimson Viper and Storm VS Jill Valentine.

It's a strategy that DST has come up with in an attempt to allow both seller access to big name characters, whilst also giving both exclusive content to draw buyers into the different retail outlets.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

EDIT: ooops - beaten to it :P

Edited by Nessex

Well having to get up ridiculously early for work everyday occasionally has its advantages. Here are the pics of the MvsC Wave 2 sets I was able to get from TRU. Not a bad minimate in the bunch. The updated Astonishing Wolverine is nice to have and even the spiderman is good.

I don't have the game so I have no idea why spiderman comes with a yellow wave stand. What is it supposed to be? Energy? Lemonade? Urine??

Congrats, Fwoosheyman -- you got them before I did! I haven't even seen those stands in person yet. Not sure on what the yellow stand represents, other than Spidey's attacks all being bright yellow, but pretty sure that clear stand is to help Viewtiful Joe freeze-frame in mid-kick.