UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Zach: Is the white on the lower half of Super Skrull's stretch base suppose to represent his ability to turn invisible? If that was the intent on the prototype, to your knowledge will this feature make it to the final product?

As far as I know, that is the plan!

Is Chris Redfield really going to come packed with the Joker's big pop gun (minus the "bang" flag) as an accessory?

Unless he uses a giant revolver in the game, I'm going to assume that was a last-minute New York substitute for his usual gun, which was probably left on the floor of the San Diego Convention Center.

For some reason the stand for my Iron Man isn't fitting right. How am I supposed to have him hold the proton cannon?

The proton cannon has a hole you plug the flight stand into. That way IM doesn't fall over when posed with it. His glove piece doesn't hold the cannon very well to begin with.

I know but I want the small plate stand to actually fit in Iron Man's foot to see if I can have him hold the proton cannon. He can't really hold it if I use the flight stand for the proton cannon.

It only saddens me that Jon Talbain isn't in either MvC3 game. :(

Ahmen brother. Ahmen. While I am happy to FINALLY get Felcia, there is still a Talbain shaped hole in my collection. But blame Capcom as they apparently don't like using him due to limited popularity in Japan or something (hence why the mummy was in MvC2 - he's very popular over there). That and the lack of Captain Commando. Of course I wouldn't say no to a Capcom/SF & DS take 2 line ;)

Have to say, seeing the gallery Zach posted makes me want them even more, especially "slimmed down" Modern Thor and the updated Street Fighter characters.

@ Zach - it's the proto's for the never produced 2nd wave of StreetFighter/DarkStalkers.

Damn i would have loved to have had that Blanka minimate. At least we'll be getting Felicia though :thumbsup:

@ Zach - it's the proto's for the never produced 2nd wave of StreetFighter/DarkStalkers.

Damn i would have loved to have had that Blanka minimate. At least we'll be getting Felicia though :thumbsup:

Aww, I'm sorry, man. Yeah, here's hoping we get to revisit those someday.

This comment + "The Guessing Game" thread = False hope rising.

This comment + "The Guessing Game" thread = False hope rising.

This comment + "The Guessing Game" thread = False hope crushed.

You're right, I can't believe you are saying that. Unless they have a way to make duck feet look like high heels.

I am hoping you're right, Zach. Cause right now, that Doom cape looks bad. I don't remember it looking like that from the Con display.

Agreed, no duck feet. However, She-Hulk does seem to usually be wearing small white boots or white high-tops with this get up though, maybe I'll look for a spare Photon (for her white boots) on ebay. The boots should give her a little more height.

Wow!

I only just started looking at these, whilst I am not a completist in terms of collecting Minimates I certainly like the idea of having new characters, Arthur, Chris Redfield, Mega Man Zero & Dante :biggrin: I don't begrudge that the manufacturer will use headline Marvel Characters to box with them so they attract a higher audience.

Can someone bring me up to speed with this license as in where we're at? ~ i've been out of the loop on this.

I checked on Minimate Database about 15 mins ago and i see we've already had Wave 1 & 2. From those I've seen on the database I'd like to get:

Deadpool / Dante

Iron Man / Arthur

There are no pictures for the Series 2 that have been put on the database yet, although the TRU Wave 1 have been put up from that I'd like Magneto / Zero and I think i already will have the Hulk from this wave courtesy of an ebay bid just before New Year.

So question if someone could post a link to the pictures or news for Series 3? Is that what is next? Apologies for the noobness here, but theres 62 pages of thread/txt and i'd appreciate if i didnt have to trawl my way through them. :lol:

I'm geniunely excited to see new Minimate character designs on new characters, even if it means picking up re-released ones we already have from Marvel. :)

Rich

Have we seen these?

detail.jpg

detail.jpg

The TRU packs look incredible!

Thank you for posting this update, is this wave 3 then? :unsure:

I want that MODOK! :lol:

Agreed, no duck feet. However, She-Hulk does seem to usually be wearing small white boots or white high-tops with this get up though, maybe I'll look for a spare Photon (for her white boots) on ebay. The boots should give her a little more height.

If you can find em, the Future McFly sneakers might look good. They're a bit bigger but look sporty - might suit Shulk?

Rich,

TrU 1 came out a little while back, Speciality wave 1 came out just over a week ago.

Don't expect wave 2 for ay least a month... Right fellas?

Okay thanks mate, so considering i'm playing catchup again with collecting Minimates i'm prioritising mostly on Marvel & DC characters i always wanted to get :tongue:

Considering these releases are fairly new i'll have plenty of time to play catchup with these, just hope nobody buys them all :lol: :biggrin:

I already have a small amount of Minimates on the way from USA that cleared USPS on the 2nd, i've been itchy to receive them because i've been impressed by how awesome Hulk from the MvsC line looks :)

Thanks for bringing me up to speed.

Rich

If you can find em, the Future McFly sneakers might look good. They're a bit bigger but look sporty - might suit Shulk?

Thanks for the heads up Nessex and Liney. I went to Ivan's to see the different pictures and agree, Marty's sneakers would be perfect!