UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

Can anybody give me some clarification of the case-breakdown of these please......I know that there are 2 'specialty exclusive' packs but how many of each per case ? Thanks.

By the numbers still on the peg at my LCS last night, I want to say two each, with four each of the TRU-shared packs. I do not know, because I did not see an actual case, but there appeared to be two each of the LCS packs and 4-6 each of the shared still on pegs. My LCS had a set stashed for me in back and there is at least one other collector that gets minimates (Marvel) from them in "complete set" fashion.

Maybe Luke knows....

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody give me some clarification of the case-breakdown of these please......I know that there are 2 'specialty exclusive' packs but how many of each per case ? Thanks.

I have a case infront of me. Here is the REAL breakdown.

Trish vs Dormammu x 2

Ironman vs Arthur x 3

Phoenix vs Morrigan x 3

Dante vs Deadpool x 4

I also got the Dormammu and Phoenix two packs today. However, I thought the paint jobs on the Dante and Iron Man minimates seemed slightly different then the TRU wave (who knows, I was half asleep). Did anyone else notice this?

In what way?

The Iron Man figure seemed to have a better overall paint job then the TRU version and the armor does not seem to be so…umm….shiny? While Dante’s paint job seemed to also be over all better as well and had a slightly darker shade of red to his jacket.

Just got my Dormammu this afternoon. I was worried i wouldnt be able to find him being the short packed set. I couldnt give a damn about the rest of them. I was surprised that his outfit was purple and not black though... I guess I need to adjust the color on my monitor. I really like him though. Very well done.

I picked up Iron Man vs Arthur the other day, Iron Man is pretty sweet. I love that he comes with a proton cannon. I gave Arthur to a friend since I didn't care for him. I preordered 2x Dormammu vs Trish from Luke's Toy Store, one for me one for a friend. Zero's face still looks terrible.

I can't wait for MODOK.. but looking at that Ryu my first thought is always Rocky. For some reason Ryu's face or face/hair combo looks too much like Rocky for me. Huge SF fan so I'm loving all the Capcom updates.. but a little sad about the Ryu.

what a great wave no passes for me now spring needs to be here :tongue:

Edited by eclipse

Are these all the finalized actual figures or will there still be some slight changes? Overall they look great, but some things just seem a little off here and there.

Any time you see pictures on white (or blue) like this, they're pictures of prototypes, and therefore are not final. They may not fit together just right, coloring may not be final, and we may not show all of their accessories. For instance, I believe MODOK's jet base will be translucent, and that this Thor comes with a spinning hammer.

Are these all the finalized actual figures or will there still be some slight changes? Overall they look great, but some things just seem a little off here and there.

Any time you see pictures on white (or blue) like this, they're pictures of prototypes, and therefore are not final. They may not fit together just right, coloring may not be final, and we may not show all of their accessories. For instance, I believe MODOK's jet base will be translucent, and that this Thor comes with a spinning hammer.

I believe that you guys had the spinning hammer on display with that Thor in New York, Zack. It looked really great.

A nice looking wave, indeed. I agree with earlier comments about Dooms Cape/Hood - it's not quite right, but thats a small complaint.

I think the ladies from the the speciality stores wave all look fantastic. MVC3 She-Hulk is going to become my standard, i think.

Who's getting pointy chews? This guy is getting pointy chews!

And yes, TM2 - i think a few of us are going to be buying a couple of extra X-23's so we can update our X-Force X-23s & Tarantulas. :P

i don't think she is smaller than chun-li or x-23. I'm pretty sure it's just the perspective making her look a little smaller.

There's definitely some scaling issues in Photoshop, but it may be a necessity of the Minimate body that she's a millimeter shorter than Chun-Li (who has a skirt piece) and Felicia (who has a tail). You can't really put in a spacer to give her height without giving her a giant belt or a bulky torso piece.

She might be a little shorter, but she looks great to me. Any extra pieces on her would mess with the simple elegance of her look. I was only keeping the lady that came with Dormammu to make a QC X-23, but if a proper X-23 is coming this spring, I'll release blondie here. So if anyone wants the blonde chick (Trish)* or the girl with bat wings (Morrigan)*, shoot me a pm.

Who's getting pointy chews? This guy is getting pointy chews!

Dino, when I was looking at this earlier on my phone, the pics didn't show up, so I immediately got an image of you (and when I say you, I mean your pony avatar) dressed in a Tarantula costume wearing pointy chews. It, um, it might be funnier in my head.

*edited after looking up character names.

Edited by Turtle