UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

Okay, before I get all excited for these characters... have we heard anything about DST having the liscense for this version of the game? Anything? Even one of Chucks clear as mud hints?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, before I get all excited for these characters... have we heard anything about DST having the liscense for this version of the game? Anything? Even one of Chucks clear as mud hints?

no i dont believe we have, BUT a lot of those costumes (including megaman) are backwards compatible to MVC3. MEANING they are technically DLC for MVC3 which means DST does have the license to them seeing as they can do DLC from MVC3, now hopefully they can get Ultimate MVC3 since its basically just the same game with new characters, and the fact that we havent heard them say otherwise leads me to believe it could happen

man that RR seems totally possible with very few new parts. for a start I havent looked real close but one of those RGB figs, boogeyman maybe, has some leg sculpt that might be useable. or at least evidence it could be done

this in turn leads me to a train of thought that says a Howard the duck 'mate would not exceed the "2 inch" restriction. just sayin', Howard/Man-thing 2 pack = WIN!

Don't know if it's been mentioned, don't wanna dig through 50 pages, but I just noticed when comparing pics on minimate-database...

Normal Zero and Mega Man Zero aren't just straight repaints. They actually use different (albeit similar) pieces...

Specifically helmet and boots.

Mega Man Zero's helmet has smaller "horns" (for lack of a better word), and the vents are painted onto the sides rather than sculpted.

Normal Zero has sculpted vents and bigger "horns"

Furthermore, Normal Zero has his kneepads sculpted onto his boots. Mega Man Zero has his kneepads painted onto his legs... and a kneepadless boot... which I don't mind terribly, because it actually serves to make his boots closer to the actual Mega Man's boots...

Just noticed this today. Found it weird. I guess Zero went through some re-tooling late in his production cycle that didn't quite make it onto the Player 2 version.

PS.

Back to the issue about Hulk's leg coverings I brought up earlier... I just got wave 41 hulk and red hulk yesterday...

My Wave 41 Hulk has the correct 2 different leg coverings (thankfully)

My Red Hulk has 2 left leg covers (booooo)

Has ANYONE found a Red Hulk with a correct right leg covering? I'm REALLY curious, because I haven't seen any reports or pics yet where Red Hulk didn't appear to have 2 left leg covers... which makes me wonder if perhaps they just cheaped out and didn't produce both sides for Red Hulk... I don't want to beat myself up looking for the correct leg covering if it doesn't even exist.

PS2. Who's that guy from Diamond that people e-mail about quality control issues and missing pieces? I know many have had mixed results... but I thought there was one guy who was actually fairly responsive... but I don't recall his name or e-mail. I'd love to see if he couls sort out my hulk leg issues... before I go hunting for... leg covers.

Edited by Gillbob316

Don't know if it's been mentioned, don't wanna dig through 50 pages, but I just noticed when comparing pics on minimate-database...

Normal Zero and Mega Man Zero aren't just straight repaints. They actually use different (albeit similar) pieces...

Mega Man Zero's helmet has smaller "horns" (for lack of a better word), and the vents are painted onto the sides rather than sculpted.

Furthermore, Normal Zero has his kneepads sculpted onto his boots. Mega Man Zero has his kneepads painted onto his legs... and a kneepadless boot... which I don't mind terribly, because it actually serves to make his boots closer to the actual Mega Man's boots...

Wow - good eye!

Wow - good eye!

I also noticed as I was dissecting my Hulks to examine their afformentioned leg coverings...

Red Hulk isn't just a straight repaint of Green Hulk either. Red hulk uses a traditional T shaped crotch piece, and the slipcover has the waist extender attached to it, in one piece. Green Hulk has an I shaped crotch piece, like wave 41 Hulk, with no sides, and furthermore his waist extender is seperate from his crotch slipcover, IE. 2 pieces.

So yeah, taking that and Zero into account... seems like the final wave verions went through some retooling that didn't quite make it to the SDCC boxed set in time. (And they do seem better for it, frankly. Red Hulk's legs can barely move with a T crotch, and Zero definately looks better with the sculpted details, imo.)

So I'm still unclear on the Wave 3 split between LCS and TRU assortments. We know so far:

Marvel: Cap, Thor, She-Hulk, MODOK, Doom, X-23

Capcom: Felicia, Chun-Li, Wesker, ?, ?, ?

Who are the other Capcommers? And which of the Marvels will be LCS vs TRU? I think we can assume Cap and Thor will be in both assortments as "anchors" (maybe?).

That's annoying. I really like the new Akuma and Thor/Amaterasu both look awesome (never really cared for MODOK. TBH I think he's a waste of space in the roster).

I wonder if Doom comes with the Doom chair...

got to go with MiniFiend again (second time in a minute). While I doubt he will be too hard to get hold of, he seems perfect for a speciality set, and I'm really beginning to resent even the letters T, R and U.

As I'm sure has been mentioned many times in this thread, all that sculpting suggests he is perfect for a speciality 're-release', not being certain means I can't bring myself to miss this one.

It may well bother me a little more than it should, having no interest in any of the Capcom characters.

I think I missed out the most important part of your name MF... UK.

if wave 3 is as easy to get a hold of as wave 1 I’ll have LOTS of MODOKS to send to international members, since I NEED a LOT of Akumas for customs.

no promises, but seriously, not everyone is in this wave just for the marvel some people like Capcom waaay more.

My TRU had only 2 IM vs Arthurs left as well as one Hulk (with a messed up facial tampo) vs Haggar. These came and went in a flash. Come on TRU Canada, get more!

mine basically had full stock,thats if there where 2 sets of each in a case.

I picked up the zero and magneto pack and WOW the zero is becoming my favorite mate!

Edited by darkredshdow

I'm kind of in it 50/50. I'll be buying some sets just for the Marvel character and some just for the Capcom. I don't care about Dante but I wanted to finally get Deadpool. I don't want another Cap but I want that Ryu. Some packs I'm really jacked about are Akuma/Modok and Viewtiful Joe/Modern Wolverine.

I would really love it if this grew the DST and Capcom relationship to where we could get mates of awesome characters who didn't make it in to MvC3. Bring back the Street Fighter line (these new mates are KILLER and I'd love to get a Guile) and start up a Viewtiful Joe line (my favorite Capcom franchise - I would do terrible things to get an Alastor). I would seriously buy all of the Viewtiful Joe mates they wanted to make. All the variations of Biankies. Anything.

if wave 3 is as easy to get a hold of as wave 1 I’ll have LOTS of MODOKS to send to international members, since I NEED a LOT of Akumas for customs.

no promises, but seriously, not everyone is in this wave just for the marvel some people like Capcom waaay more.

oh, for sure, and I'm very pleased for those who are getting them. I'm definitely excited about the Resi characters. I'm happily going to be giving my other Capcom mates out to those not wanting the Marvel ones.

... oh, and put me down for helping you with that MODOK infestation. You're welcome :thumbsup:

Not to be a downer, but of the local TRUs, one isn't carrying MvC at all and the other just isn't selling MvC. Maybe the holiday rush will help move things.

How was yours put out on pegs at the tru it didn't sell?At mine they where in the middle of a bunch of misc toy's.I Probabbly passed by it 4 times before I saw them.That might be a factor on why they might not be flying off shelves.

For minimates, these moved through pretty quick. Last check there were only two or three packs left, compared to the non-exclusive Cap & Thor movie mates that are still in thick supply. Time will tell I suppose.

Well said! Hell, I don't relaly care for MODOK as a character let alone as a minimate (but the completionist in me will get him). I'd rather his spot in the roster was given to someone else like Thanos.

I would really love it if this grew the DST and Capcom relationship to where we could get mates of awesome characters who didn't make it in to MvC3. Bring back the Street Fighter line (these new mates are KILLER and I'd love to get a Guile) and start up a Viewtiful Joe line (my favorite Capcom franchise - I would do terrible things to get an Alastor). I would seriously buy all of the Viewtiful Joe mates they wanted to make. All the variations of Biankies. Anything.

Second, especally with regards to more Street Fighter. Hell, why not branch out into it's "sister franchise" Final Fight so we can get the likes of Rolento, Cody, Guy Hugo and Poison to go with Hagger. And I wouldn't say no to both the World Warriors and the New Generation.