UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRU.com inventory update. Who would have thunk Dante-pool is the pegwarmer of the entire series? Hulk-ggar isn't too far behind, which isn't that surprising to me. And it seems like Arthur-Man is doing pretty okay. But Magne-Zero is the clear hot pack.

Is Deadpool just not popular anymore? :huh:

Well found what was left of them at my Toys R Us this past Monday. Generally I go at the end of the week but got wrecked last week so I didn't end up there that Friday, so I only managed to get Arthur and IronMan , then came home and ordered the rest on TRU.com only to today get told that Zero and Magneto were sold out so now I'm basically devastated as I don't know what to do.

More likely a little Deadpool minimate fatigue. We did just get four of him very recently. And an Elder of the Universe dressed as Deadpool. Maybe including him in wave one was a little overkill. Not that DST had much contorl of when TRU released these.

TRU.com inventory update. Who would have thunk Dante-pool is the pegwarmer of the entire series? Hulk-ggar isn't too far behind, which isn't that surprising to me. And it seems like Arthur-Man is doing pretty okay. But Magne-Zero is the clear hot pack.

I went to the TRU jboogie suggested and sure enough they had these but of course the Deadpool/Dante pack was sold out and out of backstock. So it seems like it is the first thing being picked up in store but just sitting around on the website.

At least I got the Arthur/Iron Man pack out of my trip. :D

Little off topic but if you go to dst fb page stephen posted a picture of his prize which constist of among others an avengers cap art i think and a kratos from gow mate. They said kratos was for a line they never did.Sigh.....

can you repost that here? I’m not on facebook and not having a Kratos minimate AND not being able to see possible control art for one is too much pain to bare.

post-6182-0-20973700-1320323752_thumb.jp Here it is. It's on the right corner of the pic.Too bad it won't be released. :(:verymad::down:

Really? REALLY DST!? You had the opportunity to do one of the MOST visually striking and extraordinary looking games in the Sony Library and you passed it up for a shot at something as bland looking as Uncharted!? You should be ashamed. Not that Uncharted is a bad game mind you. But we're talking one of the most dramatic looking character design video games of all time passed up for a couple of civilians? :(

Edited by Trekker 42

Really? REALLY DST!? You had the opportunity to do one of the MOST visually striking and extraordinary looking games in the Sony Library and you passed it up for a shot at something as bland looking as Uncharted!? You should be ashamed. Not that Uncharted is a bad game mind you. But we're talking one of the most dramatic looking character design video games of all time passed up for a couple of civilians? :(

I don't know any details, but I suspect it was not DST's fault. Picking the figures they did over Kratos would not make much sense to me. It would sell out everywhere, and wouldn't have had more sculpted parts than that guy with the little robot I don't imagine. Sony probably had a say in that.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm pretty sure Chuck mentioned in a Q&A once that the Sony license they got didn't allow for GoW. I'm guessing that they would have had to negotiate another license for GoW, meaning Sony wanted more $$$.

EDIT:

From Ask DST #105 (Oct. 2010)

Eric Lam: Any chance of God of War minimates or at least a Kratos now that you have the Sony license?

DSTChuck: Neither of those properties are covered in any license that we currently have.

Edited by youbastards