UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

Ya know what also funny... that is the only picture that for whatever reason would not load for me, it's a lovely red x. So I'll take everyones word for it. Ah well. Joke is apparently on me. >shrug<

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new to whole minimates collection so far my impressions (specifically the SDCC MvC3 set)

-Seems a bit flimsy, but I guess I'm not use to minimates.

-Arthur shields makes me wonder if minimates will ever do a nintendo line...

-Like all the colors, especially Hulk is really vibrant.

-Favorite of the eight has to be Arthur.

-Overall looking forward for more MVC3 minimates and possibly more capcom stuff (such as Mega Man)

Welcome dejeckt! I didn't find these figures from my 4-pack to be any flimsier than usual for Minimates, so it could just be that this line will have flimsier joints than others you have collected.

-Arthur shields makes me wonder if minimates will ever do a nintendo line...

Hell yes! That shield would work REALLY WELL for that purpose... Or at least well enough. The sculpting puts it off a bit. I want minimates of that game so badly. You have no idea how much joy minis of that game would bring me.

You referring to Zelda?

Hell yes I'm referring to Zelda. Ocarina to be specific. That's the most iconic one. Imagine a Ganon and removing the parts one finds Ganondorf. That would be a great minimate. And the sheer amount of accessories Link would need... Then again we'd probably get 4 links in Goron Tunic and Zora tunic and Hero of Time tunic and Kid Link. They could spread them out amongst them...

Still I like the fact that we get some Capcom minimates at least. Now seriously though, Zelda. DST, do it.

You referring to Zelda?

Hell yes I'm referring to Zelda. Ocarina to be specific. That's the most iconic one. Imagine a Ganon and removing the parts one finds Ganondorf. That would be a great minimate. And the sheer amount of accessories Link would need... Then again we'd probably get 4 links in Goron Tunic and Zora tunic and Hero of Time tunic and Kid Link. They could spread them out amongst them...

Still I like the fact that we get some Capcom minimates at least. Now seriously though, Zelda. DST, do it.

I'd kill for a wolf Link, and would at least consider it for Samus Aran or Star Fox but a Nintendo line would invariably include such nightmares as Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and of course Mii (I think that's what they're called, I opted out of the latest generation of console wars).

if a Nintendo line were to go ahead, you probably wouldn't have to worry about Pokemon so much. As we've seen with the Sony license, the characters seem to be only the ones that are the original creation of Sony. So - no Street Fighter characters in the Sony range, no final Fantasy, etc . . .

The Pokemon license would be separate from Nintendo and would no doubt prove too expensive and troublesome (sculpt-wise) for a company the size of DST.

Anyone tried to mod Mega Zero into Megaman? I don't have him in hand yet, but seems like you could take off the chest piece then all you would need to do is mod the helmet a bit. No?

Helmets more then just “a bit” of a mod (it needs the horns cut off, the top ridge and side knobs sculpted on, and then would need a fresh coat of paint) and the arm blaster is all wrong (if you painted it dark blue it would work, but it’s not on model in the least), but it’s not a bad base to start with.

also about Pokemon: Pokemon IS an original Nintendo Property, it’s not 3rd party like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, or Street Fighter. But Nintendo seems to keep all it’s properties separate I’ve never seen, at least since the early 80’s, a crossover line of Nintendo products, it’s always just Mario/DK, just Zelda, just Pokemon, etc. It’s why you don’t see little Zelda figures at TRU mixed in with the Mario ones, You’d need to get a license to EACH property, so if you want “Nintendo” minimates you better hope DST buys the license to the game you want since odds are they can only afford one and if Sony’s any indication they won’t pick the good ones (like how God of War is a separate license from the Sony Mates despite being a Sony original property.)

also about Pokemon: Pokemon IS an original Nintendo Property, it’s not 3rd party like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, or Street Fighter. But Nintendo seems to keep all it’s properties separate I’ve never seen, at least since the early 80’s, a crossover line of Nintendo products, it’s always just Mario/DK, just Zelda, just Pokemon, etc. It’s why you don’t see little Zelda figures at TRU mixed in with the Mario ones, You’d need to get a license to EACH property, so if you want “Nintendo” minimates you better hope DST buys the license to the game you want since odds are they can only afford one and if Sony’s any indication they won’t pick the good ones (like how God of War is a separate license from the Sony Mates despite being a Sony original property.)

Well...

It turns out that while Pokemon has been a loyal Nintendo staple, the company that makes the game is technically independent. Nintendo owns a 32 percent stake, but that's not enough to force the company to bypass other systems.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/pokemon-coming-iphone-061647628.html

That's how a Pokemon game is going to be on the iPhone while Nintendo is opposed to against developing on the iPhone.. But not sure how toy licensing works. If the company can do it on their own or does Nintendo have the licensing rights. But I'd want an Ash Minimate. Just do box sets of each generation with a small Pokemon included (like Lockheed). And a Team Rocket Box set. Meowth! That's right!

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whooooooooooooooa!!!

Link/Zelda mates? Okay.

Classic Nintendo mates? Okay.

Pokemon? Now that's a bridge too far. Can't get behind that one, sorry

(fully realize I'm being a grumpy old man on this one.)

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whooooooooooooooa!!!

Link/Zelda mates? Okay.

Classic Nintendo mates? Okay.

Pokemon? Now that's a bridge too far. Can't get behind that one, sorry

(fully realize I'm being a grumpy old man on this one.)

It's understandable. I'm a fan of Pokemon (and a HUGE fan of the first two generations) but I wouldn't want minimates of the either. They just wouldn't work. Classic Nintendo, IE Samus from Metroid (though Ridley would be a stretch. An AWESOME stretch, but a stretch.), Mario, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, DK, and Kirby (because it worked for Slimer) would work because for the most party they conform to the basic minimate body (except Kirby but again, it worked for Slimer). Pokemon, generally, do not do so very well. The insane amounts of sculpting would put them right beside the Bogeyman in the "Wait is that f**ker even a minimate?) scale.

I do love how MVC's roster was pretty much perfect for minimates with the exception of Shuma Gorath.

No, I'd say you're just being the voice of reason in world drunk on its own excess.

+1

To the mods, might I make a suggestion that the following subtitle be added to every thread on the forum:

"& associated wishlists*

:D

Huh - i figured it was based on the Cartoon... IE: the network that produced owned. My bad!

in any event, i don't think i'd be up for Pokemon minimates. as mentioned by others on here - too much sculpting is required and would stop them looking like minimates.

Plus i couldn't afford to start collecting another never-ending character base.

Plus i don't like them . . .

I got the set last week, and overall as others have said, the paint apps and overall quality is top-notch!

I shortened arthur's legs as much as I could without ruining the leg joint, but he's still pretty tall :confused:

Aside from him being too tall, Arthur steals the show, Deadpool is wonderful, and the other two...well I could care less. I can't wait to get the normal color Dante.

100_8229.jpg

Just throwing this out there: did anyone else have issues with Red Hulk's legs getting stuck (rubbing) when trying to pose him? I am talking about the new hip covers rubbing on the crotch piece. Or was this just me?

If you did, a quick fix is to swap out the "T" piece with the new Halo "I" crotch piece. This worked great for me to have a flexible red behemoth!

O6

Just an FYI, but over at DST's Facebook page there is a 24 minute interview with Zach Oat conducted by Capcom Unity. They discuss all things CvsM3 minimates. The video is 42 minutes long, but the interview portion is only 24 minutes long. The rest is game play filler.

• Zach says that Shuma Gorath is not completely out of the question as a minimate. Interesting.
  • Tron Bonne will happen.

Edited by MINI_MYTE