UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

Wow... Am I glad I held off buying. Hopefully Captain Commando will be in the revamped version, and he, along with Strider will get released as Minimates.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, i've read rumours that the announced characters could include:

Frank West

Phoenix Wright

Mega Man

Strider Hiryu

Asura

Doctor Strange

Doctor Octopus

Carnage

& Vampire Jubilee

I'd be quite happy to see all of those marvel characters added to the game. I think they could potentially be a lot of fun. But from a toy point of view - Doctor Strange was one of those figures that i think was pretty close to perfect when it was first released, we already have a Vampire Jubilee on the way & we have just recently gotten a Doc Ock.

Carnage could use an update. . . but i'm holding out hope that we see one or two characters that don't already have Minimates. Maybe Blackheart, Spiral or Silver Samurai?

I'd be all for Minimates of those characters, and this would be a good avenue to release them in. I'd like to see them mix it up and put an MVC or MVC2 character in a 2-pack with an MVC3 character. Maybe even recolors of MVC3 characters we've gotten if they need big names; it;'d be a good chance to throw in some second tries at costumes -- Carnage/Iron Spidey, Silver Samurai/MVC3 Brown Wolverine, Doc Ock/red and black MVC3 Dr. Doom, Blackheart/Dante... and dammit, pack Dr. Strange in with a Shuma-Gorath already!

Game-wise, if/when they do an UMVC3, I'd like them to at least toss Cyclops in there along with a bunch of new characters. And Cable, and Ken.

Edited by lastmaximal

As both a huge fan of Darkstalkers and a huge Spelling Nazi, I can't sit by any longer without posting this:

http://darkstalkers.wikia.com/wiki/Jon_Talbain

:tongue:

Whoops... Sorry :sweat:

So far, i've read rumours that the announced characters could include:

Frank West

Phoenix Wright

Mega Man

Strider Hiryu

Asura

Doctor Strange

Doctor Octopus

Carnage

& Vampire Jubilee

I'd be quite happy to see all of those marvel characters added to the game. I think they could potentially be a lot of fun. But from a toy point of view - Doctor Strange was one of those figures that i think was pretty close to perfect when it was first released, we already have a Vampire Jubilee on the way & we have just recently gotten a Doc Ock.

Carnage could use an update. . . but i'm holding out hope that we see one or two characters that don't already have Minimates. Maybe Blackheart, Spiral or Silver Samurai?

I agree. Of all those Marvel characters, I can't say I really want any of them to appear again as minimates. Don't get me wrong, I still view this as a "Capcom line with the odd Marvel guy", but like Nessex I want Blackheart or Silver Samurai.

Also, why do people want Pheonix Wright? Great character don't get me wrong and it would be awesome to get a minimate but he's not a fighter nor does he have moves that would transfer well. Mega Man and Strider would both be awesome though. To be honest, I hope it's X, especally if he can have his Command Mission costume.

I agree he'd be great for collections, but as a fighting game fan and someone who's still peeved other classics and long time favourites are being ignored, I don't really get how he'd work in a fighting game. Capcom have stated screaming "Objection" or being able to throw the letters would make him a bit unbalanced.

anyone see the new pics DST posted on facebook? :D

spencer and the sentinal look awesome!

for those of us who don’t understand how your facetweets and tubespaces work would you mind posting the picture here for us to see?

EDIT: NEVERMIND! It’s on Artasylum.com too. I hope the Ryu/Sentinel set isn’t short packed, I’ll army build the crap out of that!

And hey, it’s NOT MEGAMAN!!!! It’s also not Classic Jill. SF1 Ryu wins, although what he was to do with MvC2 is beyond me. (so: SF4 Ryu: ‘Player 2’ box set since he doesn’t have an actual logical Player 2 color or are we going to be short TWO Capcom characters when it’s all said and done assuming Wave 3 is it?)

Edited by dr baghead

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

New stuff looks to be revealed.

three things:

1- Hey, November release! The minimates for MvC3 went from ‘too late’ to topical! Hopefully wave’s 4, 5, ???, etc. are in the works so there isn’t a huge GB wave 4 to RGB wave 1 delay in product.

2-RED ARMERER!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! A companion piece for Arthur AND the star of “Gargoyles Quest” one of my favorite SNES games! Minimate NOW please and thank you!

3- Ghost Rider and Stryder will also make fun minimates AND look like fun to play as.

Just remember if there’s at least 10 character it’s cheaper to buy the new disc then it would have been to download the characters ($40 vs at least $50), so if you’re upset about UMvC3 remember that. (yeah you already spent $60, but if someone waited long enough they would have gotten the same game as a Greatest Hits on-sale anyway, there’s never a time early adaptors aren’t burned)

I'm still hoping for Dan and Mega Man!

hand me an oar, cuz I’m in the same boat!!

Edited by dr baghead

My Capcom wants consist largely of Mega Man (ORIGINAL, NOT X or Legends), Proto Man, BB Hood, Cammy, Frank West and any other Resident Evil characters they wish to add...

My Marvel wants consist largely of Marrow (And please GOD make a minimate), Blink, Jubilee, Cable & Juggernaut (Don't necessarily need minimates for them... but I'd like them in game)

Edited by Gillbob316

My wants:

Mega Man (Original) vs Carnage

Talbain vs Black Knight

Strider vs Hawkeye

Captain Commando vs Mystique (Movie Nude Version DLC)

Kay (Legend of Kay with Breath of Fire III Rei P2)vs Tigra (Helcat P2)

Firebrand vs Ghostrider

@any one who's played the game: Is the Sentinel minimate's color scheme like that in the game?

It kinda is, yeah:

gfhpw.jpg

not liking it?

Edited by Nessex

2-RED ARMERER!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! A companion piece for Arthur AND the star of “Gargoyles Quest” one of my favorite SNES games! Minimate NOW please and thank you!

3- Ghost Rider and Stryder will also make fun minimates AND look like fun to play as.

I agree with you on all three, especally Stryder. All we need now is Capcom Commando and Talbain and for the Ultimate MvC3 wave to get announce and I will personally mail my credit card to Capcom as a way of saying thank you.

Just remember if there’s at least 10 character it’s cheaper to buy the new disc then it would have been to download the characters ($40 vs at least $50), so if you’re upset about UMvC3 remember that.

Off topic I know, but uber second! I don't agree with the "DLC = Perfect way to update a game; Disc version/Capcom playing by their old strategy =/= Isn't" way of thinking. Ignoring for the fact I have a crap internet connection with no WiFi, meaning no way to download Rain at this moment in time, Rain, Kenshi and Skarlet will all cost me whatever $5 is in pounds each. Now I know it's less but already that's £15. Plus there's the next to be announce DLC character and the possibility of more new MK characters. I will soon be reaching £30 if more are announce and I want them all. Then there's the issue with disc space. This solution gets around that problem as Capcom doesn't need to consider the limited connection speed or space I may have.

And as for SF1 Ryu as a minimate, FRICKING AWESOME :D! Now all we need are a representative for Alpha (DAN!) and 3 (Gill please!) and all the main SF games (1, 2, 3, 4, Alpha and Final Fight (part of the same universe)) stand a chance of getting released as minimates. Sentinal also looks brilliant but bloody typical he's TRU exclusive. He needs to be easier to Army Build!

@any one who's played the game: Is the Sentinel minimate's color scheme like that in the game?

It kinda is, yeah:

gfhpw.jpg

not liking it?

Just wondering as I have not played the game and am more use to the classic Sentinel colors. It looks fine to me.