UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but we're not talking about in-game Mega Man facts, we're talking about whether someone would refer to him as an older version of Zero, which I agree with youbastards that plenty of people would.

So now we can just ignore facts because it doesn’t suit the reality we want? That seems logical.

So I’m just going to throw this out there then:

Why did they make Megaman colored Zero if they had planned to make original Megaman? You do know Zero also has a Bass costume so they could have snuck in THREE Megaman characters instead of Two and one dressed like the other.

but eh, I know in the end Megaman, Shuma Gorath, and Tron Boone aren’t coming so why should I argue, arguing on the internet is pointless since no one is going to change anyone else’s mind so I’ll join in!

KANG IS ALL BUT CONFIRMED FOR THIS LINE!!!

Guys, who better to put with an alternated version of Megaman then an alternate version of Doctor Doom?!?! Since both are highly demanded and not in the game it only makes sense!!!

Kang says himself he might be Doctor Doom from a different point in time, so he IS a version of Doom and Doom is in the game!!!

MEGAMAN/KANG CONFIRMED FOR WAVE 3 USING INVINCIBLE LOGIC!!!

(*sigh* now someone will post and tell me how Kang has been confirmed not to be Dr.Doom in a more recent comic or something and completely miss the irony in that.)

Yeah but we're not talking about in-game Mega Man facts, we're talking about whether someone would refer to him as an older version of Zero, which I agree with youbastards that plenty of people would.

So now we can just ignore facts because it doesnt suit the reality we want? That seems logical.

So Im just going to throw this out there then:

Why did they make Megaman colored Zero if they had planned to make original Megaman? You do know Zero also has a Bass costume so they could have snuck in THREE Megaman characters instead of Two and one dressed like the other.

but eh, I know in the end Megaman, Shuma Gorath, and Tron Boone arent coming so why should I argue, arguing on the internet is pointless since no one is going to change anyone elses mind so Ill join in!

KANG IS ALL BUT CONFIRMED FOR THIS LINE!!!

Guys, who better to put with an alternated version of Megaman then an alternate version of Doctor Doom?!?! Since both are highly demanded and not in the game it only makes sense!!!

Kang says himself he might be Doctor Doom from a different point in time, so he IS a version of Doom and Doom is in the game!!!

MEGAMAN/KANG CONFIRMED FOR WAVE 3 USING INVINCIBLE LOGIC!!!

(*sigh* now someone will post and tell me how Kang has been confirmed not to be Dr.Doom in a more recent comic or something and completely miss the irony in that.)

Uh, you don't have to yell at me. I didn't say Mega Man was confirmed or likely even, I was just saying I thought he was *possible* based on the original offhand comment. It doesn't take an alternate reality or ignoring facts to say someone might refer to Mega Man as an older version of Zero, though it is factually incorrect. It just takes the DST press dude getting that fact wrong. That's all I was saying, and I'll leave it at that since I am as uninterested as you are in arguing on the internet. Have a great day!

Edited by battlecat

Is it bad that I would like to see Blanka, Jon Tolbain & Guile added as DLC.. SOLELY for the chance that they might finally get minimated? I've always enjoyed the Capcom Marvel fighting games and I have followed the games like a collector (owning X-Men COTA, MSH, XvsSF, MvsSF, MvsC, MvsC2, MvsC3 as well as Darkstalkers and Pocket Fighter) and as of 10 years ago I hoped for certain fighters in the game because I enjoyed playing them.. now because of my MM addiction of the last 6 years.. I find myself hoping a character is in a game just so I can get a minimate of him/her.

That's a strange journey..

p.s. you gotta admit that the werewolf prototype from the earlier Capcom minis looked groovy..

Oh you're not alone. Talbon needs to be in this game to make up for the cancelled SF2 line (I still wake up crying about him missing from my collection :(). All good fighting games need a token Brit and what's more awesome than a British Warewolf that knows Kung-Fu AND has Nunchaku?!

little blueberry beret
The kind you find in a secondhand store?
:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Who cares about Kang or Mega Man when we could be talking about Prince who, coincidentally, also does not appear in MvC3? Make Prince!

Prince would be off the hook! Seriously though, I need more 80s pop stars to pose with my lonely Madonna. She's currently on display next to the Platoon guys for heavens sake! Prince, Eddie Van Halen, Michael Jackson, DEVO, Rockwell, Rick Astley, Flock of Seagulls, Run DMC, I don't care. Do it, DST! That should be your big SDCC announcement--pop musicians of the 80s line.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Who cares about Kang or Mega Man when we could be talking about Prince who, coincidentally, also does not appear in MvC3? Make Prince!

But Prince is an Mortal Kombat character...

(seriously, Rain, he’s purple, he’s a Prince from Edenia. NRS purposely put references to the Artist Formly Known As into him rather then having to stretch one berry to another)

How about I split the irony difference and say Kang is definitely a descendant of Dr. Doom... and of the Richards clan... from different time lines of course.

So is Kang a mutant then? His name is “Nathaniel Richards” implying he comes from a male lineage in the Richards line and Franklin Richards is a mutant, right? And unless Richard and Sally have another son he must be related to Franklin, so does Kang have any mutant powers or can mutant be breed out of people overtime?

In addition, Mutants do not always have mutant children They have a much better chance of having mutant children, but it's still posible for their kids to be born without powers. Best example would be Quicksilver's daughter, Luna, who despite being the child of an Inhuman and a mutant was born a normal human. Powers came later through Terrigan exposure.

Also - Mystique & Sabretooth bumped uglies and produced an un-mutated human son - Graydon Creed :thumbsup:

As for the rest of your Kang explanation . . . . HUH? :blink:

As for the rest of your Kang explanation . . . . HUH? :blink:

Well you know how it is... if it's intended to be clear on one thing, it intends to be clearly vague.

Just make the minimate and I'll explain it again later. K?

You can go back to arguing whether Zero is Mega Man now. (last time I played Mega Man all the way through was on an old fasion, pre-color screen Gameboy.)

As great as Kang is he's derailed this thread a bit too much. He's not in the game, and as my friend Eddard says...

post-1316-0-28699100-1310623323_thumb.jp

We'll get Kang. He's too major to ignore. But this is about MVC 3 minimates and Kang is not a Marvel vs Capcom 3 option.

Now as for MVC minimates... Where is the Wesker pack? I want to make my entire normal MVC team and I can't do it without Al. I need him, Amaterasu, and that Skrull to pad out my normal MVC 3 lineup. Speaking of Amaterasu, anyone else think that she should come with some BADASS Elemental effects. Then again with all the tooling that'll come for her, the P2 characters, and maybe (MAYBE) a Chibiterasu someday (though I doubt it) it would be kinda hard to see her getting anything outside of just the wolf herself. And honestly that'll do for me. The art looks awesome and I'm excited to see her in full form even if it means a likely pairing with Thor (which it does as they're the in-game rivals.)

Edited by Trekker 42

wait a second.. who is Kang?

BEST! KANG! COMMENT! EVER!

Speaking of Amaterasu, anyone else think that she should come with some BADASS Elemental effects. Then again with all the tooling that'll come for her, the P2 characters, and maybe (MAYBE) a Chibiterasu someday (though I doubt it) it would be kinda hard to see her getting anything outside of just the wolf herself. And honestly that'll do for me. The art looks awesome and I'm excited to see her in full form even if it means a likely pairing with Thor (which it does as they're the in-game rivals.)

I'm hoping she will, especally if there's the potential to re-use them. Speaking of accessories, anyone wonder if the Hadouken/Chun-Li Kick and Shadow Flame accessories will return for Ryu/Akuma, Chun-Li and Morrigan? I'm also keen to see how they'll do Hsien-Ko's arms and blades.

wait a second.. who is Kang?

BEST! KANG! COMMENT! EVER!

Speaking of Amaterasu, anyone else think that she should come with some BADASS Elemental effects. Then again with all the tooling that'll come for her, the P2 characters, and maybe (MAYBE) a Chibiterasu someday (though I doubt it) it would be kinda hard to see her getting anything outside of just the wolf herself. And honestly that'll do for me. The art looks awesome and I'm excited to see her in full form even if it means a likely pairing with Thor (which it does as they're the in-game rivals.)

I'm hoping she will, especally if there's the potential to re-use them. Speaking of accessories, anyone wonder if the Hadouken/Chun-Li Kick and Shadow Flame accessories will return for Ryu/Akuma, Chun-Li and Morrigan? I'm also keen to see how they'll do Hsien-Ko's arms and blades.

If they still have the molds (and with their "Never say never" attitude about everything they damn will should have the molds,) there is absolutely no reason the Hadouken and kick accessories should not reappear.

Ko represents an even more interesting delimna... If they part reuse I guess the closest one can come is the Lady Deathstrike fingers.

Punisher, good choice on characters. Wesker is... damn he's awesome. That teleport attack pisses my friends off though. I've taken down a full character by spamming that teleporting attack and jumping behind them the second they realize I'm kicking their ass from another direction.

I also tend to use Deadpool a lot in this game partly because he's a decent fighter and mostly because he's so damn funny. "Hey check me out! I'm the Ghost of Christmas KICK YOUR ASS!"

All good fighting games need a token Brit and what's more awesome than a British Warewolf that knows Kung-Fu AND has Nunchaku?!

The answer: Nothing. Nothing is more awesome than that.

This discussion got me to pull out Vampire Savior last night and wolf out. Fingers crossed that we have a huge DLC announcement this month.. followed by lots and lots of MvC3 Minimates.

If they still have the molds (and with their "Never say never" attitude about everything they damn will should have the molds,) there is absolutely no reason the Hadouken and kick accessories should not reappear.

Ko represents an even more interesting delimna... If they part reuse I guess the closest one can come is the Lady Deathstrike fingers.

I will admit I am a little keen to see a new Hadouken sculpt. I liked the old one (though used it more for supporting the mini fig), but considering we've lost the old style flame (see Golden Age Human Torch) for the smaller, slimmer version (see everyone since) I'm kinda wondering if Hadouken will get the same treatment.

All good fighting games need a token Brit and what's more awesome than a British Warewolf that knows Kung-Fu AND has Nunchaku?!

The answer: Nothing. Nothing is more awesome than that.

This discussion got me to pull out Vampire Savior last night and wolf out. Fingers crossed that we have a huge DLC announcement this month.. followed by lots and lots of MvC3 Minimates.

I've not played Darkstalkers/Vampire Savior as much as I'd have liked but I love the franchise. So many well design and interesting characters, all of whom would work great as minimates. I'd also personally love to see Amigo from MvC2 officially join the roster as I think he'd fit in well (someone also suggested Ruby Hart, whom I wouldn't say no to) and maybe see it combined with the Red Earth/Warzard universe as I feel a number of those characters would work well alongside the Darkstalkers. Sadly Talbon isn't that popular in Japan, which is why he's restricted to backgrounds and cameos. A huge shame IMO.

As I have said before, I see this licence more as a way to get us Capcom characters so the more that we can get, whether it's DLC for MvC3 or the licence allowing characters from the previous games (would X-Men/MSH vs SF count?) I'll be happy so long as I have an army of Wold Warriors, Monsters, Robots and other awesome characters Capcom have created.

Looks like early leaks (pre-SDCC) are hinting towards an Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 version of the game (10 or 12 new characters). I don't mind a ton of new DLC, but buying a new disc within months of getting the first game would tick me off.

I wonder what this will bring to their license with the minimate world.

Looks like early leaks (pre-SDCC) are hinting towards an Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 version of the game (10 or 12 new characters). I don't mind a ton of new DLC, but buying a new disc within months of getting the first game would tick me off.

Do you have a link towards this info?

Do you have a link towards this info?

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a330191/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-for-comic-con-announcement.html

So I bought the game, and $15 worth of extra downloads or whatever, only to see another "ultimate" version come out a few months later with all that no doubt plus 10 or so new characters. . .%*#& you, Capcom. I knew this was coming, but it doesn't make me any less annoyed.

Edited by karamazov80

im pissed about this too, but since im not great at MVC3 i wont feel pressure to buy this :P

now lets hope minimates expand their license to Ultimate marvel vs capcom so we can get an updated ock and stop using that craptastic friends or foes one :D