UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

Um, not in the game? If they were re-releasing him in the Marvel line I might agree that slot could be better used, but Kang is not an option here.

Yes, this thread's about the MvC3 license. We could write 1000s of posts about how they could infuse the regular Marvel line with more villains (and we have).

But re: MvC3, consider... they may actually get to everyone in the game, which would be great. It was mentioned that MODOK would be in "Wave 3," so we know the pattern of 4 Marvel characters in each wave + 2 exclusive to TRU x 3 waves = 18 characters. That only leaves one character out of the 19 unmade! I hope they don't exclude Shuma Gorath...

Here's how I have it figured, with W2TRU and W3s being guesses:

W1: Deadpool, Phoenix, Iron Man, Dormammu

W1TRU: Magneto, Hulk, [iron Man], [Deadpool]

W2: Spider-Man, Wolverine, Storm, Super Skrull

W2TRU: Taskmaster, She-Hulk, [spider-Man], [Wolverine]

Shulkie ain't happening for TRU wave 2. You didn't hear that from me. Shhhhh....

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shulkie ain't happening for TRU wave 2. You didn't hear that from me. Shhhhh....

Hmmm. Do you have anything besides plausibly deniable innuendo? (after the ensorcereled debacle, I'm just trying to drive the spell checker nuts today) "Cause elCodebreaker's list seemed pretty plausible to me.

Hmmm. Do you have anything besides plausibly deniable innuendo? (after the ensorcereled debacle, I'm just trying to drive the spell checker nuts today) "Cause elCodebreaker's list seemed pretty plausible to me.

I am too sentimental of a guy to give you a direct answer.

Interesting... it all still leaves the question of who gets left out in this 18-figure equation. I personally hope that it will be X-23 but I still fear that it will be Shuma Gorath due to the challenges in adapting his tentacle-y form to the mini-style. Though the other DLC character Jill Valentine is getting a figure...

...there is also the matter of members of the Capcom MvC3 team allegedly attending SDCC, which lends some credence to recent theories about a "Super" version of the game on the horizon with more characters. Maybe this will go beyond three waves?

Interesting... it all still leaves the question of who gets left out in this 18-figure equation. I personally hope that it will be X-23 but I still fear that it will be Shuma Gorath due to the challenges in adapting his tentacle-y form to the mini-style. Though the other DLC character Jill Valentine is getting a figure...

...there is also the matter of members of the Capcom MvC3 team allegedly attending SDCC, which lends some credence to recent theories about a "Super" version of the game on the horizon with more characters. Maybe this will go beyond three waves?

We've already seen concept sketches for X-23. . . and she's a relatively easy figure to make, so i don't think they are going to sip her.

I'd really like to see more characters added to the game. Cable was a favourite of mine in MVC2, so i'd love to see him as a DLC.

I know I'm a big "make Kang" shill, and I stand by that. But I don't think of Kang as a hand-to-hand fighter. That said, I think that Helmet Zemo would make a nice addition to this kind of fighting game as a saber fencer. Batroc's savate moves would be fun too. Of course if you'd told me before this that MODOK would be in a Street Fighter style game as something other than a background character, I wouldn't have believed you. So I'd say almost anyone's a potential new character.

I think Kang could be a pretty nifty MvC character. He could create time-portals where knights or sci-fi guys or whatever could pop out and attack his enemies. He could create a wacky shield that might send energy blasts back at people. He could fly around in his chair and transport or shoot energy blasts, etc. I think he could be much cooler than Dormammu in terms of a guy that doesn't actually do much hand-to-hand combat.

Edited by karamazov80

Yes Kang could be an amazing download playable MVC3 and minimate figure. I mean this is the kind of character in Marvel history that has taken down the entire Avengers and other superhero teams by himself. I always thought of his power at the Dr. Doom scale and his creation is long over due. Bring on Kang and don't skimp on his accessories (CHAIR PLEASE!!!!)

Even though the sky's the limit with character possibilities in any MvC3 update, I find myself wanting to play more fighter-y characters. I'd really like to see Iron Fist, Daredevil, or Moon Knight in the game. But I bet they could do some really cool things with Kang.

If X-23 is more or less confirmed, and since Thor and Cap have been mentioned, and Doom has been featured in promo art, that leaves the final slot to either She-Hulk or Shuma Gorath. Man, another She-Hulk would be so boring... while I'd love to see a Savage She-Hulk in the regular Marvel line, I have no interest in seeing another mini in her purple/white swimsuit look.

Possible confirmation on Facebook that classic Mega Man is in the works for MvC3 'mates?

Jaymes Shoreman: Will you make minimates of Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2 characters?

Diamond Select Toys: Not at present, but there are plans for an older version of one MvC3 character.

Diamond Select Toys: Specifically, a Capcom character.

Looking through the list of MVC3 Capcom characters, there aren't a lot that I can think of that this would apply to, except Mega Man. Original costumes for the Resident Evil characters may apply to this, but my guess is still Mega Man.

Capcom

Akuma

Albert Wesker

Amaterasu

Arthur

Chris Redfield

Chun-Li

Crimson Viper

Dante

Felicia

Hsien-Ko

Jill Valentinea

Mike Haggar

Morrigan Aensland

Nathan Spencer

Ryu

Trish

Tron Bonne

Viewtiful Joe

Zero

SF1 Ryu, classic Chris or Resident Evil 2 Jill (playable in MvC2)are probably the most likely conclusions. Zero was created by Dr Wily, the villain of the "Mega Man Classic" era and while he adopted the name "Mega Man" in the Zero spin off, still isn't connected to the character other than being X (Mega Man Classic's successor) BFF and brother in arms.

Don't get me wrong, I'd even sing Kang's praises if we got Classic Mega Man (or heck, X would do), Talbon, Captain Commando, Strider and the 1,000 other obscure Capcom characters I want to see in MvC3 (and thus as minimates) but I sadly don't see that being confirmation for Mega Man. Blue Pallet Zero is still the clocest we will get at the moment.

If I'm wrong I will make a "I want Kang" sig.

Zero was created by Dr Wily, the villain of the "Mega Man Classic" era and while he adopted the name "Mega Man" in the Zero spin off, still isn't connected to the character other than being X (Mega Man Classic's successor) BFF and brother in arms.

Except you have to take into consideration that the games he stars in are all titled "Mega Man Zero".

Edited by youbastards

Except you have to take into consideration that the games he stars in are all titled "Mega Man Zero".

Except MegaMan Zero IS NOT Zero

His ending specifically mentioned he’s not Megaman Zero

It’s like how there are books called “Spider-man 2099” and it certainly stars a character called “Spider-man” but if we were told “a version of Peter Parker from the future is in the works” it would rule him out because he’s not Peter Parker.

... If I was betting man and you gave me $100 to guess who the character was, I’d put $40 on MvC2 Jill since MvC3 Jill isn’t “Jill from Resident Evil” to most consumers and if they could switch just one it’d probably be her since Chris is close enough to his classic look a Classic Jill would make him more appealing to causal fans since they’d want the two as a set.

I’d put $20 on it being SF1 Ryu, only because someone asked “are getting MvC2 characters?” (it’s redundant by the way to say “MvC1, MvC2” characters. Every Marvel and Marvel Vs character who was in a 2D game made a return in MvC2, so we can all save time and ask for just "MvC2 minimates”) and they said “no BUT an older version is planned!” seeing as SF1 Ryu is not in MvC2 that’s like answering the questions “Where’s Kang?” with “No plans for him yet, but we are making a certain clawed X-Man soon...” (which to be fair, they do all the time...) it makes him a less likely choice since he’s an older version but unrelated to the question at hand.

I’d take $1 and put it on Mega Man proper being made, just for old times sake and because the odds against him are so high it’d be a good return.

Then I’d take the remaining $39 and buy more Real Ghostbuster minimates.

Zero was created by Dr Wily, the villain of the "Mega Man Classic" era and while he adopted the name "Mega Man" in the Zero spin off, still isn't connected to the character other than being X (Mega Man Classic's successor) BFF and brother in arms.

Yes, but this is the Zero from the MMX era who had been put to sleep or something (I never got far in MMZ1 and it's been years since I played the others). He did get a shiney new look but he's still the same robot created by Wily and teamed up with Mega Man X. It's been a while since I last played the game, but if anything he took the title Mega Man to honour his fallen ally. He otherwise has no connection to Dr Light, whom made Classic and X. Or Capcom slapped the Mega Man title for those who weren't familiar with the series to know it's a Mega Man game, which has ultimatly lead to confusion about Zero being Mega Man.

His ending specifically mentioned he’s not Megaman Zero

It’s like how there are books called “Spider-man 2099” and it certainly stars a character called “Spider-man” but if we were told “a version of Peter Parker from the future is in the works” it would rule him out because he’s not Peter Parker.

Better way of putting it.

I’d put $20 on it being SF1 Ryu, only because someone asked “are getting MvC2 characters?” (it’s redundant by the way to say “MvC1, MvC2” characters. Every Marvel and Marvel Vs character who was in a 2D game made a return in MvC2, so we can all save time and ask for just "MvC2 minimates”) and they said “no BUT an older version is planned!” seeing as SF1 Ryu is not in MvC2 that’s like answering the questions “Where’s Kang?” with “No plans for him yet, but we are making a certain clawed X-Man soon...” (which to be fair, they do all the time...) it makes him a less likely choice since he’s an older version but unrelated to the question at hand.

Probably is the case. However as an "obscure SF fan" (i.e. I like people who AREN'T/didn't originate in 2), this minimate is high up on my wanted list.

Edited by pawcanada

Is it bad that I would like to see Blanka, Jon Tolbain & Guile added as DLC.. SOLELY for the chance that they might finally get minimated? I've always enjoyed the Capcom Marvel fighting games and I have followed the games like a collector (owning X-Men COTA, MSH, XvsSF, MvsSF, MvsC, MvsC2, MvsC3 as well as Darkstalkers and Pocket Fighter) and as of 10 years ago I hoped for certain fighters in the game because I enjoyed playing them.. now because of my MM addiction of the last 6 years.. I find myself hoping a character is in a game just so I can get a minimate of him/her.

That's a strange journey..

p.s. you gotta admit that the werewolf prototype from the earlier Capcom minis looked groovy..

Yeah but we're not talking about in-game Mega Man facts, we're talking about whether someone would refer to him as an older version of Zero, which I agree with youbastards that plenty of people would.

I would personally like to see a MVC2 version of Jill with her little blueberry beret & some massive cannon to sling over her shoulder.

Her look in the MVC3 game is probably more current, but i have to say i do like the mvc2 look better & a minimate of that look would be awesome!