UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have rather they hadn't bothered with the modern Ryu. The SF1 Ryu is way cooler and they're doing a modern Ryu in the SFxT line.

Exactly....if there was one coming out for SFxT we didn't need that one in the MvC3 wave.

Couldn't we say the same thing for Chun-Li too?

Chunlicompare1_zpsf9ae3328.jpg

I honestly don't see enough difference in the two to justify having both......

Now that the sculpt exists why not lobby for a MODAM/Battle Damaged AIM Trooper pack?

I'd much rather have the Elvis MODOK......

Hey Zach, can you comment in general terms how sales were for this line? Like, say, not as strong as regular Marvel, but stronger then video game 'mates usually are? I'm only curious because a few stores around me that normally carry Marvel 'mates passed on these, and I wonder if that was common or not. Feel free to ignore my question if you want. ;)

Tangent thought - Marvel vs Capcom Origins, i.e. the "Online Edition" of MvC1 and Marvel Super Heroes has just been released and a thought crossed my mind - what if DST gets a licence to do those games? The reason I bring this up is the roster contains some of my personal favourites on the Capcom side, namely Captain Commando, Strider, Mega Man and Jin Saotome (he has a giant robot) as well as others like Zangief, Roll and "Shadow Lady" (a black variant of Chun-Li with slightly different moves like drill hand and ability to launch missiles for example). Now maybe it's just me but I feel those guys (possibly with the exception of Shadow Lady) could make a great one wave line (i.e. the usual Comic Shop/TRU split) and FINALLY give us Mega Man for our collection (as well as Cap Com and Strider whom I want just as much). Any one else agree this could be a great idea?

Tangent thought - Marvel vs Capcom Origins, i.e. the "Online Edition" of MvC1 and Marvel Super Heroes has just been released and a thought crossed my mind - what if DST gets a licence to do those games? The reason I bring this up is the roster contains some of my personal favourites on the Capcom side, namely Captain Commando, Strider, Mega Man and Jin Saotome (he has a giant robot) as well as others like Zangief, Roll and "Shadow Lady" (a black variant of Chun-Li with slightly different moves like drill hand and ability to launch missiles for example). Now maybe it's just me but I feel those guys (possibly with the exception of Shadow Lady) could make a great one wave line (i.e. the usual Comic Shop/TRU split) and FINALLY give us Mega Man for our collection (as well as Cap Com and Strider whom I want just as much). Any one else agree this could be a great idea?

It's a great idea, Ask DST! Or, you know, buy the Zangief that's at TRU right now.

Hey Zach, can you comment in general terms how sales were for this line? Like, say, not as strong as regular Marvel, but stronger then video game 'mates usually are? I'm only curious because a few stores around me that normally carry Marvel 'mates passed on these, and I wonder if that was common or not. Feel free to ignore my question if you want. ;)

I don't think they did significantly better or worse than a regular Marvel series, although I don't think Series 3 did as well as Series 1.

I don't think they did significantly better or worse than a regular Marvel series, although I don't think Series 3 did as well as Series 1.

Thanks for the answer.:thumbsup: Incidentally, I thought it was a bad idea for those stores to pass on MvC, since you have to assume that Marvel Minimate collectors will look at this line as an extension of the regular line, and that you might draw some video game fans in that don't normally buy Minimates (obviously, that was your hope in making these in the first place).

It's a great idea, Ask DST! Or, you know, buy the Zangief that's at TRU right now.

Oh I plan to ;). But I used to main Captain Commando and Strider which is why I'd love to see both of them get made at some point :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to split my MvC 3 series 3 set between my friend and myself...is there an objective guide to know which accessories go to which character? Some are pretty obvious, but the others...not so much...a little help would be appreciated... :)

1. If there's only one round base, does it go automatically with the Capcom character?

2. Who gets the orange flip base in Doom/Wesker 2-pack?

3. Who gets the flight base in She-Hulk/Chun-Li 2-pack?

4. Who gets the weird stand in the X-23/Felicia 2-pack?

Thanks! :D

...oooh, that's not entirely helpful... :(

we really want to split it evenly, the last time I almost gave him all the accessories that we could not discern the owner (e.g. flight stand of Wolverine-Viewtiful Joe).

I'm pretty sure there's a particular owner of each accessory...

I'm trying to split my MvC 3 series 3 set between my friend and myself...is there an objective guide to know which accessories go to which character? Some are pretty obvious, but the others...not so much...a little help would be appreciated... :)

1. If there's only one round base, does it go automatically with the Capcom character?

2. Who gets the orange flip base in Doom/Wesker 2-pack?

3. Who gets the flight base in She-Hulk/Chun-Li 2-pack?

4. Who gets the weird stand in the X-23/Felicia 2-pack?

Thanks! :D

The stand from Wolverine/Viewtiful Joe (or Wolf/Vengeful Joe if you're TRU) goes with Joe so he can do all his moves. It's not really a flight stand but more of an acrobatic stand.

1. I will take all the round bases off your hands so you don't have to worry about them.

2. Wesker?

3. Chun-Li

4. X-23? (I'm not sure which stand you're talking about here, I haven't opened up my set of these yet)