UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think she is smaller than chun-li or x-23. I'm pretty sure it's just the perspective making her look a little smaller.

There's definitely some scaling issues in Photoshop, but it may be a necessity of the Minimate body that she's a millimeter shorter than Chun-Li (who has a skirt piece) and Felicia (who has a tail). You can't really put in a spacer to give her height without giving her a giant belt or a bulky torso piece.

I can't believe I am saying this, but hopefully they throw in some duck feet.

You're right, I can't believe you are saying that. Unless they have a way to make duck feet look like high heels.

I am hoping you're right, Zach. Cause right now, that Doom cape looks bad. I don't remember it looking like that from the Con display.

Ryu 2.0, Modok, and Wesker, are fanfreakintabulous.

I personally don't really care about Doom's cape, because I don't feel any need whatsoever for another Doom. Will definitely be using X-23's feet for my Tarantula, as well. . .I don't know that I've ever picked her to play in the game, and don't know that I ever will.

Edited by karamazov80

Will definitely be using X-23's feet for my Tarantula, as well. . .I don't know that I've ever picked her to play in the game, and don't know that I ever will.

She is great in the game, give her a chance. I use her on a regular basis!

Are these all the finalized actual figures or will there still be some slight changes? Overall they look great, but some things just seem a little off here and there.

Any time you see pictures on white (or blue) like this, they're pictures of prototypes, and therefore are not final. They may not fit together just right, coloring may not be final, and we may not show all of their accessories. For instance, I believe MODOK's jet base will be translucent, and that this Thor comes with a spinning hammer.

I thought that was the case, but wanted to double-check. Thanks for the info, Zach!

Hopefully some of the proportions will come out a little nicer on the final product. Doom's cape is SO CLOSE to being amazing. Anyone have that pic of him from Comic Con handy to compare? Like I said, I'm pretty excited for all of these. The only pack I'm really on the fence about is Dr. Doom/Blond Neo. The cape will really make my decision for me. I'm most excited about Akuma/MODOK

Shoot me down if I'm a madman, but are the new x-23 feet a little smaller/flatter, to make her that bit shorter?

Some lovely new mates there... MODOK, Wesker. Lots of duds though.

Man I hope not. We've already got a problem with X23 having treaded feet, and Tarantula having regular feet. Someone is going to loose out on authenticity either way. But if this new X23 has short feet, then we're really screwed.

Shoot me down if I'm a madman, but are the new x-23 feet a little smaller/flatter, to make her that bit shorter?

Some lovely new mates there... MODOK, Wesker. Lots of duds though.

Man I hope not. We've already got a problem with X23 having treaded feet, and Tarantula having regular feet. Someone is going to loose out on authenticity either way. But if this new X23 has short feet, then we're really screwed.

Maybe I am missing something but how are we screwed?

lol ok. but how is short feet screwing everyone? Is it because Tarantula will have short feet? Big deal.

I hope MODOK and Wesker aren't shortpacked like Dormammu.

Wesker is the opposite of shortpacked. He and Doom are the regular figures in both the TRU and specialty assortments.

MODOK might be less common, since he's the TRU exclusive. I believe they're currently sending TRU fewer of those than they do of the big guns. But Dormammu was specialty exclusive, so there were fewer of him to begin with.

i don't think she is smaller than chun-li or x-23. I'm pretty sure it's just the perspective making her look a little smaller.

There's definitely some scaling issues in Photoshop, but it may be a necessity of the Minimate body that she's a millimeter shorter than Chun-Li (who has a skirt piece) and Felicia (who has a tail). You can't really put in a spacer to give her height without giving her a giant belt or a bulky torso piece.

I can't believe I am saying this, but hopefully they throw in some duck feet.

Wait wait wait....are we really concerned about the size of Shulkie and not the size of MODOK?!?!?! In the picture, he doesn't have standard size Minimate arms and legs!!!!

(I'm sure he will when he comes out, but still....)

Wait wait wait....are we really concerned about the size of Shulkie and not the size of MODOK?!?!?! In the picture, he doesn't have standard size Minimate arms and legs!!!!

(I'm sure he will when he comes out, but still....)

Turtle's right -- scaling is off. We did not use SMALLER arms and legs for MODOK.

From NYCC:

6247368441_9cb3beb05a_b.jpg

Shulkie and Felicia:

6247368357_c2427ebd2c_b.jpg

Nomad's awesome MvC3xNYCC gallery:

Zach, can you confirm if the spinning hammer that Thor will be coming with will be translucent at all? It seems like the brown area should be somewhat clear. I forget who said it, but someone asked why Thor came with a wagon wheel...either way, I can't wait, this is one character variant I am eagerly awaiting, plus all my other Thors will need their own spinning hammer accessory...

Maybe I am missing something but how are we screwed?

Apparently, X-23's feet are the selling point of this entire assortment.

I can only speak for myself, but was only inquiring about the girl's feet. Are they smaller/shorter, Zach?

I very much like the idea, she is a young girl after all, and am not really fussed about giving a pair to Tarantula.

It's Photoshop, people. Look at the pic. Ryu is smaller than everyone else. Not just height-wise, but the scale of his arms & legs compared to the others'. There's only one sculpt of 2" Minimate parts. And looking at the case pic, Shulkie's perspectively behind a figure with big feet & a big hairpiece.

This She-Hulk will be the same, exact size as the one we got in Wave 16. Calm down.

It all looks amazing, Zach. And I can't begin to express how happy I am that we're finally getting Felicia.

It only saddens me that Jon Talbain isn't in either MvC3 game. :(

Xforce: treads

Trarantula: regular

MvC: Short?

These three things are not interchangeable. :(

Well, if they were all the same, you wouldn't need to interchange them!

Zach, can you confirm if the spinning hammer that Thor will be coming with will be translucent at all?

Yes, pretty sure. Not positive about translucent brown vs. straight clear, but yes.

I can only speak for myself, but was only inquiring about the girl's feet. Are they smaller/shorter, Zach?

They certainly look that way in the NYCC shots, I'll try to confirm.

@ Zach: Is the white on the lower half of Super Skrull's stretch base suppose to represent his ability to turn invisible? If that was the intent on the prototype, to your knowledge will this feature make it to the final product?

AND

Is Chris Redfield really going to come packed with the Joker's big pop gun (minus the "bang" flag) as an accessory?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

For some reason the stand for my Iron Man isn't fitting right. How am I supposed to have him hold the proton cannon?

The proton cannon has a hole you plug the flight stand into. That way IM doesn't fall over when posed with it. His glove piece doesn't hold the cannon very well to begin with.