UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still a bit miffed Trish isn't coming with the sword Sparda. I love the design of that sword.

per comment on DST's Facebook page: "Trish comes with her sword, and Dormammu comes with fireballs."

I don't tend to look at FB that much, especially for companies like DST. I remember it just showing her gun on her design art, but none the less I appologise for my mistake and great to hear! Can't wait to see it.

Tangent: With Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on the way, an article has been posted on the Capcom website that shows all of the pre-order bonus costumes, and leaked images from the strategy guide shows a large number of un/yet to be announced DLC costumes (though this does suggest it's on disc DLC...). With the SF1 Ryu costume part of TRU wave 2, I'm REALLY hoping (presuming they get the UMvC3 line as well) that some/all of these can make it as well. Not only will it be great to get alternatives for characters like classic, Strider, Casual Friday Morrigan, Ammy as Talbain and Zero as Mega Man X, but also some great updates (Scarlet Spider!) and designs that would probably not get used in the regular line (lawyer She-Hulk, masked Dr Strange and Annihilation Super Skrull).

Leaked DLC Costumes

Pre-order Bonuses

Strategy guide preview of Dr Strange's entry

Sod's law says:

A - The Ultimate license doesn't get acquired

B - They aren't going to/allowed to do any more DLC costumes

C - The line cancels despite them announcing they can and/or would (i.e. what happened with the original SF line (I still miss not having a Talbain minimate :())

D - Any mixture of the above

Edited by pawcanada

i bought another Dante vs deadpool set today and was again surprised by the Store employees excitement over this set! i have been buying toys for years and in the past month have gotten an excited reaction over the same figure set. who new Dante was so popular a character?

Sod's law says:

C - The line cancels despite them announcing they can and/or would (i.e. what happened with the original SF line (I still miss not having a Talbain minimate :())

D - Any mixture of the above

As a Mostly Marvel kinda man, i'm not too worried IF this license gets cancelled, because it's only offering 2 new Marvel characters so far, & I'm about 96% sure that even if this line were to fall through, DST would make room for MODOK in the regular Marvel line.

Still - it would suck to see a line DST has worked hard on go the way of SFII.

As for alternate costumes for box sets. F4 She-Hulk is one i have been pining for. And i wouldn't mind an update of Scarlet Spider & Ronin. Better here than taking a spot from a new character in the Marvel line, eh?

ACCURATE 90s JEAN GREY AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! That is my new justification for buying this game. Finally, my childhood can be reborn.

90s Dead-Bable-pool, House of M Magneto(PLEASE DST PLEASE?????), Ghost Rider 2099, and original costume Dormammu??? MEGA MAN?!?!?!?! God, this game is practically fanservicing fanboys around the globe!!!!!

That said, congrats Mega-man guys. You now have a chance in hell.

LOVE all of those DLC costumes :D

i am kinda sad that they didnt make chuck green the alternate for frank :(

im so up for:

Weapon x Wolvie

UDON taskmaster

Updated scarlet spider

Classic Nova

Classic Dormammu

Ultimate Ironfist

Updated Ronin

Megaman

Cable-pool

House of M magneto

Lawyer She-hulk

Dante's Father

Doomwar Doom

Modern SuperSkrull

Elvis MODOK

Commander Rogers

Masked Doctor Strange

id buy all of these :D

Yeah, but. . .he's gonna have Zero's powers presumably. Still, better than nothing, and of course, I'm thrilled about the Minimate prospect. Looks like Frank West as Mega Man is also an option :lol:

Honestly, my favorite new costume is old school Bionic Commando:

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6920/bioniccommandosmall.jpg

http://shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/img0868t.jpg

Now I can actually pick him! :buttrock:

Edited by karamazov80

After looking through Boyd's links, I just want to point out one thing:

img0883r.jpg

Make. It. So!

Boyd...? Anyway, I agree. My minimate collection has a strange Rocket Raccoon shaped hole in it that badly needs to be rectified (wonder if I can hijack the Kang meme and change it to be about Rocket instead...).

New shots have appeared on Event Hubs, and includes ALL costumes to date, including the ones from the first costume pack (i.e. Iron Patriot, SF1 Ryu etc.) Please note that a pop up does usually appear when you go to Event Hubs but I don't think anything malicious gets added to your computer.

Edited by pawcanada

After looking through Boyd's links, I just want to point out one thing:

img0883r.jpg

Make. It. So!

Boyd...? Anyway, I agree. My minimate collection has a strange Rocket Raccoon shaped hole in it that badly needs to be rectified (wonder if I can hijack the Kang meme and change it to be about Rocket instead...).

New shots have appeared on Event Hubs, and includes ALL costumes to date, including the ones from the first costume pack (i.e. Iron Patriot, SF1 Ryu etc.) Please note that a pop up does usually appear when you go to Event Hubs but I don't think anything malicious gets added to your computer.

Aw, man, sorry, Pawcanada. That's the second time I've misnamed a MMMV member this week. :blush: