UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

No LCS around here seems to have ordered this wave so I may head to other cities to pursue She Hulk & friends. Apparently the Felicia/X-23 pack is highly desired from what I can tell but I don't think they'll be as hard to get ahold of as Dormammu/Trish was.

Is that Dormammu/Trish set rare? My local comic shops still have lots of them.

Dies anyone need TRU Series 3 of the Marvel vs. Capcom Minimates? My local TRU just got some in.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No LCS around here seems to have ordered this wave so I may head to other cities to pursue She Hulk & friends. Apparently the Felicia/X-23 pack is highly desired from what I can tell but I don't think they'll be as hard to get ahold of as Dormammu/Trish was.

Dies anyone need TRU Series 3 of the Marvel vs. Capcom Minimates? My local TRU just got some in.

I know it was the shortpack of that wave, I had more trouble finding the Storm and Jill Valentine set.

I know it was the shortpack of that wave, I had more trouble finding the Storm and Jill Valentine set.

It wasn't 'rare' in any real sense other than the shortpacking; some LCS's didn't order the MvC3 waves around here so they were relatively scarce for a little while. More of a distribution thing really, like how my TRU is swimming in wave 13 and ASM exclusives but received maybe 3 cases of Avengers movie and no sign of 14 for the foreseeable future.

I was able to pick up a MODOK/Akuma set from Luke's shop and I tell you, this is probably one of the best 2 packs in the series!!

And I knew MODOK was big......but when I saw the pack bulging at the seems with more tape on the sides than usual, I was shocked!

Simply awesome figure with tons of detail and Akuma is just superb, a huge step from the original.

Seeing MODOK first hand, the new technique for such a figure.......I want to make Shuma Gorath somehow.

I had the same issue with Amaterasu's waist. But I noticed some give when I pushed the back legs further into the waist piece. Right out of the box they are not all the way flush with the inside of the waist piece. Apparently it helps just enough so that mine doesn't fall apart now.

FINALLY found the TRU series! Picked up MODOK and Doom sets. Didn't notice any of the tampo/breakage problems that others have mentioned. There were 3 MODOK sets total. Surprised how freakin' wide he is, every box I saw was bulging out with MODOK goodness (ewww). The tape was just barely holding him in on all three sets I saw, kind of surprised DST didn't use a bigger box. For MOC collectors, it might be tough finding a NM MODOK/Akuma. Lucky I'm not an MOC guy!

Found a Thor/Amaterasu in the Boston area but no Modok set (so far). Disappointed, but noticed that vehicles were on sale for $4.99. Picked up a M.A.X. stealth jet and a battlestar gallactica xylon raider.

where in the Boston area, which store

Brockton near the Westgate Mall. No more jets, but they had plenty of KITTs and a BTTF Delorean. Also on sale, X-Men First Class and video game sets (Unchartered, Jax and Dexter, etc.). They also had the new monsters. Guy said they get a new shipment on Thursday.

Too bad Diamond Select won't make any of these characters in their MvC line, since wave 3 is their last

Phoenix Wright

Firebrand

Hsein-Ko

Tron Bonne

Strider Hyru

Maya

servbot

Gustaff

Rocket Raccoon

And any of the alternate costumes, cameo characters, and even characters from previous MvC games.

It's not that they won't, it's that they legally cannot. They don't have the Ultimate license or the older games.

Thor is fantastic, one of the best Thors they've made. He really impressed me, right up there with Wave 44 Thor. Wesker, MODOK, and Akuma just make the wave. Great way to end the line.

Too bad Diamond Select won't make any of these characters in their MvC line, since wave 3 is their last

Phoenix Wright

Firebrand

Hsein-Ko

Tron Bonne

Strider Hyru

Maya

servbot

Gustaff

Rocket Raccoon

And any of the alternate costumes, cameo characters, and even characters from previous MvC games.

It's not that they won't, it's that they legally cannot. They don't have the Ultimate license or the older games.

Thor is fantastic, one of the best Thors they've made. He really impressed me, right up there with Wave 44 Thor. Wesker, MODOK, and Akuma just make the wave. Great way to end the line.

But Hsein-Ko and Tron Bonne are in regular MvC3.

I think Zach mentioned that they had solved the Tron Bonne riddle & figured out a design for her.

Unfortunately - by the time the line had run 3 waves, there weren't really enough big-sellers left to make a 4th wave viable. I would have loved to have seen a Shuma, HSein-Ko & Tron - but they probably weren't seen as big enough sellers on their own.

I think Zach mentioned that they had solved the Tron Bonne riddle & figured out a design for her.

Unfortunately - by the time the line had run 3 waves, there weren't really enough big-sellers left to make a 4th wave viable. I would have loved to have seen a Shuma, HSein-Ko & Tron - but they probably weren't seen as big enough sellers on their own.

It's tough -- those two would probably require the most unique tooling, which means we'd want to make as many of those as possible to defray the cost, because we'd never be able to use any of it again. But female figures don't sell well at Toys R Us, which is where we sell the most figures. Unfortunate. And we were getting pretty far away from the game's release at that point. Had to move on to SFxT.

I would love to see the control art for this, one of these days. Out of three characters not made, she's the one I miss the most :sad:

But female figures don't sell well at Toys R Us, which is where we sell the most figures.

It makes more sense now why Ryu got two separate TRU releases rather than putting one of the remaining three in for one of those releases.

I still cannot believe how fast the TRU Modok sold out on TOYSRUS.com! I thought that new minimums were put on mates so no one could buy more than 10 at a time. That sucker sold out like Hulkbuster Ironman did.

All I need now is for Digger to give one away for free to the loudest complainer... than scalp the figure on ebay.... cause I wanted to buy something else! :rolleyes:

I think it had to be due, in part, to the free shipping thing. You needed to spend $75 or something for free shipping, then got, like, 10% off if you spent $100 on top of that, so I figure some folks loaded up. Hell, I considered it, then realized I just needed one (or maybe two :D ), and would run across it on the shelves. So far, that hasn't happened, but just a matter of time before those guys at TRU decide to restock.

Edited by karamazov80

It was actually 20% off of one hundred. I didn't get a MODOK then, but I did hit the minimum.

Not all Minimates were 20% off though. The only one I remember being discounted during that sale was the Knight Rider vehicle and figure set. I picked it up for $7.99, I think. I believe that all the Modok and Thor sets were already sold out by that point anyways.

Found a Thor/Amaterasu in the Boston area but no Modok set (so far). Disappointed, but noticed that vehicles were on sale for $4.99. Picked up a M.A.X. stealth jet and a battlestar gallactica xylon raider.

where in the Boston area, which store

Brockton near the Westgate Mall. No more jets, but they had plenty of KITTs and a BTTF Delorean. Also on sale, X-Men First Class and video game sets (Unchartered, Jax and Dexter, etc.). They also had the new monsters. Guy said they get a new shipment on Thursday.

did they have any more Raiders or were those gone too?