UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. Man is the quality control group totally asleep with this final wave? I got my two TRU sets in the mail today and my MODOK's face not only badly painted, but his face tampo is WAY too far to the left. My Thor's face tampo is also mucked up sadly.

I'm debating returning them both, but I wonder if I can just do that with my local store instead of paying S&H to send them back... If so, I may wait and see if the store gets the wave in person and simply return these bad ones once I find a good pair.

finally got the MODOK set, I don't know if I want to keep Akuma. He seems lonelt being the only Capcom in my collection.

Fun Fact: Akuma appeared as a secret character in Capcom’s first Marvel Fighting game “X-Men: Children of the Atom”

so having ONLY Akuma is sort of accurate so long as you place him in your X-Men display.

finally got the MODOK set, I don't know if I want to keep Akuma. He seems lonelt being the only Capcom in my collection.

Fun Fact: Akuma appeared as a secret character in Capcom’s first Marvel Fighting game “X-Men: Children of the Atom”

so having ONLY Akuma is sort of accurate so long as you place him in your X-Men display.

Now I know that I wanna keep him

The only heroes I've got are both X-Men, unless you count Vorin.

1344997790[/url]' post='241460']
1344996831[/url]' post='241455']

I think the one that was already done was pretty awesome, if you're goning to redo him at least do an astral projetion version ;)

Seconded. Translucent figures are always better.

This is gospel to me.

What they said!

I'm debating returning them both, but I wonder if I can just do that with my local store instead of paying S&H to send them back... If so, I may wait and see if the store gets the wave in person and simply return these bad ones once I find a good pair.

You can return them locally but they won't refund the shipping and they will only give you a store credit, not cash back. Even if it's their fault they won't refund shipping at local store. I had TRU send me the wrong item, tried to return it to the local store and was told I would have to call customer service for my shipping refund. Huge pain in the rump because I took the store credit to get the correct item locally.

my TRU order arrived on Saturday, Akuma is PERFECT.

I always hated the original Akuma, the skin color was wrong, the gi color was WAAAAY wrong, the sleeves of the Gi and the belt were off. It’d be like if DST’s only attempt at a Spider-man minimate looked like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65427923@N06/6016199024/

The new Akuma is flawless, better hair (the hair was the only good thing about the original), perfect expression, accurate colors, they could have just reused Ryu’s Gi but no... it’s a new sculpt WITH A ROPE BELT! (I’m blown away at how much the gi look likes a tiny version of SOTA’s Akuma gi, same colors, same shoulder ‘spikes’, it’s damned impressive)

I got four of him (one to display normal, one to add a white stripe to his temples, one to make a white haired Shin Akuma, and one to display topless... I might end up getting three more to make Gouken, Oni, and Shen Long as well. But I might hold off in case he’s got a screaming face like SFxT Ryu in wave 3 of that line...) so if there’s any international users who want a loose MODOK let me know, I got 3 sitting around doing nothing.

I agree with him, the only thing wrong on my Amateasu is her back nails are painted like there are two compared to four, but she's flying with her legs back so no biggie

A little late to the party but I finally got Modok and the rest of the toys r us wave yesterday.what a awesome wave and Modok might just be my vote for minimate of the year!!

That Amaterasu keeps coming apart at the waist. Great sculpt and a creative solution for a canine body but that torso peg really needed to be a little longer.

That's the problem I've been having with mine so far; she just doesn't want to stay together at all. Still, I think the TRU figures in this wave might be the best 'mates we've gotten in the whole lineup! MODOK and Amaterasu are so nice I'm surprised DST let them go as exclusives, and the new modern Thor looks great. I wasn't really expecting to like the new Doom so much but he's pretty impressive, even managing to outdo Wesker, who was my most anticipated 'mate in the whole line. Something about Albert's hair looks odd though I could just be channeling a little disappointment into that instead of copping to wanting him to have had more guns. Love the shininess of his coat though I wish we had a non-flared option for him; looks great if he's running though!

My Akuma has the two left feet issue but it doesn't bug me nearly as much as I thought it would. Interesting he got toe details when Ryu didn't! Either way, his doubled feet don't bother me nearly as much as the two right feet my Sentinel had; poor guy couldn't even stand up and I actually had to return him. Always feel bad doing that. Fortunately, this wave seems to have hit very heavily in my area and there's been plenty for all who want them! One TRU in a nearby city probably had 6 of each pack from wave 3, giving everyone a number to pick through.

No LCS around here seems to have ordered this wave so I may head to other cities to pursue She Hulk & friends. Apparently the Felicia/X-23 pack is highly desired from what I can tell but I don't think they'll be as hard to get ahold of as Dormammu/Trish was.

So far, this wave has been a beautiful capper to a great little subline. I love that we're getting more Capcom characters in the XTekken series and almost every Marvel figure was a grand slam. I even like the deceptively basic looking Spidey, even if I thought his eyes were kind of funny. I hope Capcom fastlanes a MvC4 so we can take another turn at some crazy characters!

Edited by lemonfreshviper22