UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the sets I ordered from Luke today and love the Felicia and Chun-Li. I like this new X-23 better than the X-force one but I really like the old She Hulk so I can't decide if the new one is a keeper or not.

Edited by gambitron

I was really excited about this wave! I picked them up at my LCS and it was bittersweet. Doom/Wesker are awesome, love Arthur's arms on Doom & Wesker's flowing jacket is cool! Cap is Cap & it's nice to have a normal Ryu. Then I opened the rest. Felicia's flesh on her legs don't match her chest, She Hulk has a dimple on her chin that makes her look like a Skrull, Chun Li's flesh doesn't match & X-23 has 3 different flesh colors & she has Daken's hands with the third claw cut off. She Hulk I can live with, but am disappointed by the paint mismatches. I agree with some previous posters about the 2nd factory. I seem to remember something about openning a 2nd factory to expedite shipping waves one right after another. Seemed like Thor TRU & UM waves had the "tanned" flesh color. Oh, well, as long as this is the exception & not the rule I'm gonna keep collecting!

Glad I opted to skip the new She Hulk now, not impressed. Glad there are no probs with Doom and Wesker though, they were the only 'must' for me.

Is anyone else getting really annoyed with these new backless crotch pieces? They really don't seem to offer the legs the same range of movement... such a shitty change. Sorry if it has been covered, I realise it must have been, as everything is!

From a far the girls look great but up close there ugly...

Did anyone get MODOK yet?

Yep, and Thor/Amateratsu. Looks like they're out in So Cal and Vegas so far.

MODOK is every bit as awesome as expected. It's still hard to believe I'm holding a non-custom, factory-produced MODOK Minimate. Nothing really to criticize.

Akuma is a nice update to the old one. His hair spikes are crisper and sharper than the sort of blobby ones on the original release, but I think more-detailed hair has become the norm. I liked the separate mala beads from the original release, but I don't know how they would have done them with the separate gi piece. Incidentally, that came out really well, too.

Thor is also a great update. They redid the boot pieces without the side straps so they're a bit more streamlined. Obviously the whole figure looks less chunky without the chest cap, which is a good thing. The cape hooks onto the arm pegs similarly to AvX Emma's cape with little loops, leaving the tops of the shoulders unencumbered. A nice little detail here is, they painted the loops to match the chest piece (dark blue) when they could have easily done the entire piece red. As a result, the actual attachment of the cape is better hidden. The cape color seems a bit off to me; it's a rich red, slighly darker than the other Thor capes we've gotten, but I always think of this costume with more of a maroon or brick red cape. I may repaint it.

Amateratsu is very cool. I'm not familiar with the game or character, but it's another well-executed animal 'mate. The furry chest and waist caps bulk up the torso area so that the arms and legs feel a little skinny, but it's not too bad. I'm thinking this could be a good base for Wolfsbane in her original New Mutants form.

Thankfully, there aren't any QC problem with these exclusives; paint is clean, joints are tight, everything looks great. The only thing I noticed is that Akuma has two right feet (the sandal tampo, I mean). I don't know if that's an actual QC error and a left foot exists, or if it's just the thing that sometimes happens where DST only makes one version of a piece that would normally be mirrored to save cost or whatever.

If there are any specific parts/combinations/views anyone would like a picture of, let me know. We've already seen posed shots from Zach, so...

---

Oh, as far as accessories go: MODOK comes with his chair and the new blast-off piece (the peg on it it way too big for a foot, in case you wanted to use it for Iron Man or something); Akuma has the clear disk stand, a clear peg flight stand, and a purple hadouken blast; Thor has a clear disk stand, a hammer, and a spinning hammer (no extra hairpiece); Amateratsu has a clear peg flight stand.

Edited by Lobsterman