UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

I always presumed the Sentinel in the game was a unique, specially engineered model designed for gladiatorial combat. But the official bio doesn't mention that part.

If you win the game with the Sentinel, it helps to explain if this is the case or not. I won't give any spoilers, but you can search "sentinel character ending marvel capcom 3" on Youtube to see it.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When does series 3 come out b/c I have all of them so far and really want Wesker and Akuma.

p.s. will there be more waves after 3 or does 3 end the line?

Series 3 should be out this summer. June or July. And I THINK at this point 3 will be the last wave. But Street Fighter x Tekken is next!

I went through the roster the other day and the only character that hasn't been made is Tron Bonne anyways. So really there can't be more waves unless we go into alternate coor schemes. Which I think worked better just being a few boxsets and not every one ever. And I can't see a wave 4 being a good ides when there's Tron and an entire rest of it as reissues. Not saying Tron wouldn't be awesome to have, but making her mech suit would undoubtedly be a huge pain in the ass and probably not really worth it in terms of who she even is. Unless you're a huge fan of everything Mega Man (like me) or the MvC brand as a whole, you might never have even heard of her. And in that group of people who DO kow who she is, no one I know actually likes to play as her. I'm sure there are people who do. Obviously. Just, she's arguably the most small time character in this game.

All this aside, a friend of mine found wave 2 in the TRU in St. Cloud, Minnesota last night. He said they only had one Sentinel left (which is mine now) but everything else seemed to be there en masse. I don't know if that actually helps anyone here or not, but information is information.

Edited by The Geohound

there are three characters left out of the main game, Shuma Gorath (which is understandable), Hsien-Ko and Tron Bonne,

plus they could do some DLC skins if they wanted to, since they already did first appearance Ryu, i wouldnt mind a boxset of Commander Rogers, Classic Dormammu, Megaman and Vergil, all are skins and DLC for the game, not for ultimate.

having said that though, i still love what we've gotten so far and i feel this series was a great one for testing out all sorts of cool new pieces

When does series 3 come out b/c I have all of them so far and really want Wesker and Akuma.

p.s. will there be more waves after 3 or does 3 end the line?

Series 3 should be out this summer. June or July. And I THINK at this point 3 will be the last wave. But Street Fighter x Tekken is next!

I can't wait for Street Fighter x Tekken Minimates! :banana: Also hoping sometime in the near future that another good game gets its own line(Resident Evil) :whistling:

Well then, ZACH!!! You're our only hope!!!!! A follow up boxset with:

Sparda

Commander Rogers

Classic Jill Valentine

STARS Wesker

Pretty please?? :sweat:

I second this. :yes:

Edited by yung doc

Well then, ZACH!!! You're our only hope!!!!! A follow up boxset with:

Sparda

Commander Rogers

Classic Jill Valentine

STARS Wesker

Pretty please?? :sweat:

I don't believe we have any more box sets planned for MvC3.

... But that doesn't mean you'll never get any of those figures. Keep the faith.

Edited by Zach Oat

there are three characters left out of the main game, Shuma Gorath (which is understandable), Hsien-Ko and Tron Bonne,

plus they could do some DLC skins if they wanted to, since they already did first appearance Ryu, i wouldnt mind a boxset of Commander Rogers, Classic Dormammu, Megaman and Vergil, all are skins and DLC for the game, not for ultimate.

having said that though, i still love what we've gotten so far and i feel this series was a great one for testing out all sorts of cool new pieces

With the release of characters like MODOK and the Brood I really don't understand why a Shuma Gorath mate isn't possible. A slide on body (like Slimer), a twin arm peg body regular hips for another two arms all tipped with Brood tentacles, and a T-Stand for a floating effect. Or if the floaty version isn't right then go with a slip over torso/eye and use a modified arm on the neck peg giving him three tentacles and a coiled triple tentacle base to hold him up. Naturally there are those that will whine that he doesn't look like a minimate but I doubt that would stop very many from adding him to their collection.

With the release of characters like MODOK and the Brood I really don't understand why a Shuma Gorath mate isn't possible. A slide on body (like Slimer), a twin arm peg body regular hips for another two arms all tipped with Brood tentacles, and a T-Stand for a floating effect. Or if the floaty version isn't right then go with a slip over torso/eye and use a modified arm on the neck peg giving him three tentacles and a coiled triple tentacle base to hold him up. Naturally there are those that will whine that he doesn't look like a minimate but I doubt that would stop very many from adding him to their collection.

Shuma, Hsien and Tron are all feasible (I know they had cracked the Tron Bonne riddle), but figures that need a large amount of tooling get more cost-effective in higher quantities. So we would need to have those figures at TRU, and right now I don't think TRU is interested in a Series 4.

That's actually one of my favorite Iron Man minimates. I even took the neo armor waist piece and added it to give him a slightly more balanced bulk. Plus if you pull the boots out a little, he's taller than other mm too. And he has a big honkin gun. You can't go wrong with a big honkin gun.

Thanks for the info Zach. Was there just not enough interest in the first two alternate color packs to justify another one? It sure seems like a shame with so many cooler color schemes available (mainly talking about Red She-Hulk).

We did those as con exclusives, a) because we wanted to have something at SDCC, and b ) because we didn't want to make any of the regular characters con exclusives. With the game so far behind us, it didn't make sense to do another con exclusive, and I assume we didn't release any P2 Color schemes at specialty so they wouldn't compete with the regular releases. BUT keep in mind that any actual Marvel characters you want to see are totally feasible in the Marvel line. The window for Red She-Hulk is not closed.

Edited by Zach Oat

Classic Jill Valentine

STARS Wesker

I know you say no more box sets are being considered Zach, but Res. 3 Jill, and STARS Wesker and Chris, plus, say. . .another Spider-Man :lol: would sell extremely well. I bet my good, hard earned money that it would.

Shuma, Hsien and Tron are all feasible (I know they had cracked the Tron Bonne riddle), but figures that need a large amount of tooling get more cost-effective in higher quantities. So we would need to have those figures at TRU, and right now I don't think TRU is interested in a Series 4.

So I’ve made peace with this being the end (I mean when MvC4 comes out I doubt Tron and Shuma don’t get another chance at least)

but Zach, can you tell use how the Tron riddle was cracked?!?! A second headless mate? Just saying “f**k it!” and not giving her a mech? sculpted display piece with no play value?! How would you have handled the mech if she was made?!