UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had seen that TRU had the exclusives in stock after getting home from work today and figured I would drive out to see if I could get the free shipping by ordering in store. As luck would have it, I found a full case on the wave 1 pegs. So, when I checked out, I pointed this out and got them for $7.49 each. :woot:

I also picked up the deleted scene wave of Star Wars Vintage figures at buy 1 get one 50% off. Good day to hit TRU!

Damn! Who does that yellow stand come with? Spider-Man? Because now I've gotta buy it!

Yep Spidey and Chris Redfield. The 2 pack is totally worth buy too, even without the stand. The new stands and things the MvC3 sets are coming with are all really awesome.

And to think you all were calling it the "pee stand" just a few pages ago...

I honestly bought the Wolvie/Joe set just for the stand. I use it for dragging Peter Parker behind the goblin glider. The pee stand wasnt the #1 reason I got the Spidey/Redfield set though. That honor would go to Chris's hair to use on a SHIELD Agent.

Well isn't this how it usually works?

You break down and order stuff online and then...THEN the one day or so later on you go to the store and find them to buy on shelves.

I ordered a Sentinel/Ryu and Taskmaster/Spencer set off the TRU site on around Wednesday or so and today I went to my local TRU for the heck of it and found the shelf full of three sets of Sentinel/Ryu and three Taskmaster/Spencer. For the heck of it I bought one extra Sentinel pack. Might as well have two off it along with my two Sentinels from the older Marvel wave.

The Sentinel is pretty awesome, but so is even Ryu.

Found the Sentinel and Spencer packs today at TRU, much like the rest of you. And, of course, they're amazing. Of course, Taskmaster's bow and arrow went directly to the 3 3/4" Ultimate Hawkeye. (Come on Joe Mad, a Hawkeye without a bow? Really?)

Also found Bucky Cap from Legends; how he was the only one left in stock, i have no idea.

Found these today at the Wolfchase TRU in Memphis. It's nice to see an even pack ratio. I like the size of the sentinel, but the design isn't really my thing for a standard sentinel. Like others are doing, I'll be happy with having one and calling him a mini-mastermold.

I was curious about the design of the Sentinel.. he does look VERY much like the one in the game, so I think they did a good job that way. I'm just curious what artwork the one from the game is based on.. anyone know?

That's been the Capcom fighting-game Sentinel design since X-Men: Children of the Atom from the mid-1990's.

And, yeah, the Minimate version is a great representation of the game design. Job well done there. It's just not a design I'm crazy about.

Ha! Just saw that the MvC3 Sentinel is officially named COTA-94. Nice touch.

Edited by Turtle