UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, please share.

Also, knowing Jill/Storm is the short pack is kind of odd to me. I almost certainly figured it'd be the Super Skrull. He just seems more, I dunno, awesome. Paired with Crimson Viper who is an excellent minimate but a character I've never liked at all, It seemed that set would be shorter just because Jill and Storm are both exceptional and I would think more in demand. Oh well, lucky I have 2 then. Sadly, I apparently made a friend of mine buy the only 2 his store got. I feel bad now.

A little.

Not really.

Edited by The Geohound

Perhaps it's because Jill is DLC only? So they figure both SuperSkrull (who is a LOT of fun in the game) and C Viper would have had more exposure & therefore warrant bigger Distribution.

Actually, it's DST that describes them as 2.5", not just rude retailers.

Yeah, I may have copied and pasted that from some old Previews text a couple of times before being told that was actually incorrect. Which I THOUGHT, but didn't question. I'm currently trying to stamp out all mention of that scale, but the Internet is forever. The newer solicitation text should be correct.

Perhaps it's because Jill is DLC only? So they figure both SuperSkrull (who is a LOT of fun in the game) and C Viper would have had more exposure & therefore warrant bigger Distribution.

I actually didn't realize that, so that actually makes sense. Although I am gonna stick with "Super Skrull is a dude, and dudes sell better, especially cool alien dudes." Pretty sure that's our default position. Also, a nice big sculpted part on Super Skrull, which is more cost-effective in higher quantities.

I want to share more control art. I'll see if I'm allowed.

Hey, is Jill Valentine shorter than the other Minimates? I haven't seen her in person, and someone on FB is saying she is. I know Viewtiful Joe has slippers, but does Jill?

Edited by Zach Oat

Actually, it's DST that describes them as 2.5", not just rude retailers.

Yeah, I may have copied and pasted that from some old Previews text a couple of times before being told that was actually incorrect. Which I THOUGHT, but didn't question. I'm currently trying to stamp out all mention of that scale, but the Internet is forever. The newer solicitation text should be correct.

Well it's only been a few months since Chuck was describing them that way, so I wouldn't feel too bad :)

EDIT: And going even further back there's this from January 2011...

Hey Chuck, Just thought I’d drop you a line to ask why you refer to minimates as being ” 2.5” tall” in your press releases? Also good job with the success of getting minimates into TRU and mixing up the lines so they are not just retreads of the specialty shop waves. T.

DSTChuck: Minimates are a 2 ½ inch format so we can add larger heads (leader) or feet and make them taller , the most we would go is 2 ½ inches. I am glad you like the mix, we’ve been working pretty hard on it and while its not perfect I do think we’re getting better.

Edited by battlecat

That quote from Chuck came to mind when I posted earlier. Wasn't trying to bust your chops Zach, but was just stating what had been stated several times before.

Of course, saying 'bust your chops' makes it sound like I'm slamming your choice in facial hair...

Agreed.

I've only played MvC3 once, and it was only with new characters, and it's been forever since I've played MvC2, but I'm pretty sure the yellow swoop piece is for Spidey's flip-kick.

DSC07438.jpg

DSC07439.jpg

Though, I think to look right, the peg should be on the underside, not top. I dunno. 458345.gif

Edited by TENIME_art

So if the TRU selection is showing up at LCS's does that mean that we'll be able to build a Sentinel army without having to pay ungodly online premiums? :biggrin:

I may as well live in another country considering I don't have access to a LCS or TRU. Local of course being within a hundred miles.

I'm starting to wonder if there's more to this story, like TRU cut their order at the last minute and DST is having to dump the extra inventory on LCSs. It's beginning to sound a little more widespread than a mixup with a few cases. Hmm...

Edited by Lobsterman

I'm starting to wonder if there's more to this story, like TRU cut their order at the last minute and DST is having to dump the extra inventory on LCSs. It's beginning to sound a little more widespread than a mixup with a few cases. Hmm...

Yes, but this is also the same company that gave us "Angel-Gate". Specatular screw-ups are what they do best :)

I think it's more likely a palette of TRU boxes got mixed with the Direct Market boxes and got shipped, especially since the boxes look alike (as Luke pointed out). The more interesting questions are if TRU is getting Direct Market exclusives, and if so ,what are they going to do with them?

Edited by boyd

Except, without places with helpful people like this board, a lot of people would be screwed otherwise. If all your comic shops got TRU cases, and all your TRUs got TRU cases, where would you get the LCS packs? As with any shortage, that drives up secondary market prices. Suddenly, what should've been readily available becomes scalper-bait.