UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

I'm pretty sure that they were shipped a TRU case rather then a specialty case,

What? Does that actually happen? Is it possible this store got a hold of some of the sets from the TRU.com preview/inventory/whatever case?

If the case breakdown is 4-4-2-2, that must mean there are at least two cases, maybe three in the wild... someone on here got a set, there were the two sets seen on ebay, now this one. Hmmm....

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Does that actually happen? Is it possible this store got a hold of some of the sets from the TRU.com preview/inventory/whatever case?

Considering that we've seen snafus where the short-packed figure in an assortment was not listed as the "variant" on occasion, nothing much would surprise me at this point. . .

I'm pretty sure that they were shipped a TRU case rather then a specialty case,

If the case breakdown is 4-4-2-2, that must mean there are at least two cases, maybe three in the wild... someone on here got a set, there were the two sets seen on ebay, now this one. Hmmm....

I'm 99% sure that they just got the wrong case. First off, they didn't have either of the specialty exclusive sets; secondly, they hadn't jacked up the price; and finally, I'm almost certain that the package back on the two shared sets had the TRU figures and not the specialty figures. I would be absolutely stunned if the guys that work there had been on the ball enough to have ordered these sets from TRU.com way back when, since they've not shown a whole heck of a lot of interest in Minimates previously (they didn't get MvC series 1, for example). And I don't know why they would have waited until now to put them out.

I picked up the Skrull yesterday at my LCS, but they were already out of the Storm set. The Skrull is nice, so nice that I might pick up the other set they had. I was a bit surprised Storm was sold out though, and more than a bit disappointed. Looks like a very nice 'mate.

You sure your LCS isn't just scalping and doesn't want to admit it? Mine openly does it, some shops aren't very willing to admit to it.

Looks like a couple of TRU cases went to specialty in error. No scalping that I know of. Trying to see how widespread it is. Anyone else sees this, PM me.

Question: do the new cape pieces for Storm limit her arm articulation? Just curious.

They do prevent the elbow joint from bending.

I was worried about that too, I would just try and cut off the band at her wrist. That way she can bend her arms, plus her cape isn't always attached to her wrists anyway.

On a side note, I think her hair, especially her widows peak is too puffy. Otherwise she looks great to me!

Yes, please look into it, and let us know what stores they went to, so we can all go out and give them a stern lecture on selling TRU exclusives before the street date.

Hey, check your local stores, because you may already be a winner. But I saw a TRU set at Forbidden Planet in NYC on Wednesday. (I'll let hellpop share his location.)

So far that's all I've heard. I am hoping these are isolated incidents.

I picked up the Skrull yesterday at my LCS, but they were already out of the Storm set. The Skrull is nice, so nice that I might pick up the other set they had. I was a bit surprised Storm was sold out though, and more than a bit disappointed. Looks like a very nice 'mate.

Well, people have been asking for that Storm. And she IS an Avenger now. And she DOES come with Jill Valentine, the star of a mega-popular video game. And she might be the two-per-case in the assortment. (Confirmation, anyone?) So I'm not TOO surprised. But I hope you find one!

Well, people have been asking for that Storm. And she IS an Avenger now. And she DOES come with Jill Valentine, the star of a mega-popular video game. And she might be the two-per-case in the assortment. (Confirmation, anyone?) So I'm not TOO surprised. But I hope you find one!

Yes, Storm is the short pack. Unpacked it myself! At first I figured Skrully was going to be the short, but now after seeing how amazing Storm looks, it makes sense why her and Jilly are the lesser.

Yes, Storm is the short pack. Unpacked it myself! At first I figured Skrully was going to be the short, but now after seeing how amazing Storm looks, it makes sense why her and Jilly are the lesser.

I actually guessed Storm would be the short simply because the Skrull is a dude, and a potential army builder. We tend to play it safe with the female characters and make fewer of them. Hence, more Skrulls. Although Storm and Jill are arguably more famous than Viper and Kl'rt.

And who is the 4 in the case? Wolverine or Spidey? Did that get mentioned earlier? I try not to bug the home office too much, and it's always safer to see what actually made it to stores. :biggrin:

Not sure if the shipping estimate is correct, $15 to ship 4 packs seems high.

I tried to buy one Ghostbusters ghost 4-pack on $1.99 clearance on some site for custom fodder, and they wanted $13 to ship it because, according to the guy I had to e-mail because the website wouldn't load items in the cart properly, they're "heavy & bulky." :rolleyes:

Try that line on someone who doesn't have almost every single Minimate ever produced..."heavy & bulky"... wank.gif

Edited by TENIME_art

And growing hair on its palm.

Well when you put it like that... why was that the shortpack set? :tongue: I've no doubt I'll have Storm before it's all said and done, I just kind of assumed that the skrull would be the bigger seller. But that's what I get for assuming, same as usual.

I actually guessed Storm would be the short simply because the Skrull is a dude, and a potential army builder. We tend to play it safe with the female characters and make fewer of them. Hence, more Skrulls. Although Storm and Jill are arguably more famous than Viper and Kl'rt.

And who is the 4 in the case? Wolverine or Spidey? Did that get mentioned earlier? I try not to bug the home office too much, and it's always safer to see what actually made it to stores. :biggrin:

Spidey vs Redfield x 4

Wolvie vs Joe x 3

S. Skrull vs Viper x 3

Strom vs Jill x 2

Oh, and I tried to tell him that the description in his store of them being "two and a half inch scale" was incorrect, but according to him, the Ghostbusters Minimates are 2.5" scale, since some of them are "that tall" with hairpieces and accessories.

I said "I'm sorry, $13 is too expensive for me, thank you, :)" and he's trying to start a fight with me over e-mail.

Edited by TENIME_art