UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

Dear DST, if you dip into the previous games, I'm begging you to make Blackheart. The end.

^ This!

PS: Also - Spiral & Silver Samurai.

Forget the Marvel guys, I want Captain Commando ;).

Looking at the base that came with Wolverine, I'm wondering if I can use it to pose Ryu in his Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku or Hurricane Kick.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear DST, if you dip into the previous games, I'm begging you to make Blackheart. The end.

^ This!

PS: Also - Spiral & Silver Samurai.

Blackheart, Kang, Baron Zemo & Spiral, those definately would be 4 characters i'd be interested in, I do think the MvC license as long as it continues to be successfull will obviously pave the way for more Videogame Characters.

I'm not entirely sure of what the roster selection is like as I don't have the videogame, however I would like to see additional SF characters put in where possible, obviously the Minimate waves are going to reflect popular roster selections of that videogame, Anyone got a list of Street Fighters that appear on the game?

Ryu & Chun Li are a given, they are headline characters really for the SF franchise, and its awesome we'll get Crimson Viper, i'd of just rather of had someone else like Blanka, Ken or Sagat. :)

Rich

I'm not entirely sure of what the roster selection is like as I don't have the videogame, however I would like to see additional SF characters put in where possible, obviously the Minimate waves are going to reflect popular roster selections of that videogame, Anyone got a list of Street Fighters that appear on the game?

I know you asked for Street Fighter characters, but from Marvel vs Capcom 2, the complete Capcom roster consisted of:

Akuma (Street Fighter; in MvC3)

Amingo (created for MvC2)

Anakaris (Darkstalkers)

B.B. Hood (Darkstalkers)

Cammy (Street Fighter)

Captain Commando (Captain Commando; briefly Capcom's mascot) *

Charlie (Street Fighter)

Chun-Li (Street Fighter; in MvC3)

Dan (Street Fighter)

Dhalsim (Street Fighter)

Felicia (Darkstalkers; in MvC3)

Guile (Street Fighter)

Hayato (Star Gladiator) *

Jill Valentine (Resident Evil; based off her Resi Evil 1 look)

Jin Saotome (Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness) *

Ken (Street Fighter)

M. Bison/Vega/Dictator (Street Fighter)

Mega Man (Mega Man Classic)

Morrigan (Darkstalkers; in MvC3)

Roll (Mega Man Classic)

Ruby Heart (created for MvC2)

Ryu (Street Fighter; in MvC3)

Sakura (Street Fighter)

Servbot (Mega Man Legends)

SonSon (created for MvC2, though supposedly the grand daughter of a character from an obscure character)

Strider Hiryu (Strider) *

Tron Bonne (Mega Man Legends; in MvC3)

Zangief (Street Fighter)

I've personally flagged with a star the ones I want the most, mainly because I liked their designs or "mained" them in MvC2.

And if I'm honest, I'd love to see a Street Fighter x Tekken licence come as a derivative of MvC3. The Street Fighter side is made up of a nice mixture of iconic and obscure characters (and if the rumours are anything to go by it could mean I'd finally get a minimate of my "main" Dudley :D), and it would be great to get minimates of Tekken characters, especially Kuma.

Edited by pawcanada

Having today received my MvC3 Fate of Two Worlds Series 1, I decided to review them with pictures, you can read my thoughts if you want to here:

Life of Plastic

Alternatively you can read it on my personal blog (link in signature). :)

Rich

I know you asked for Street Fighter characters, but from Marvel vs Capcom 2, the complete Capcom roster consisted of:

Amingo (created for MvC2)

Anakaris (Darkstalkers)

B.B. Hood (Darkstalkers)

Cammy (Street Fighter)

Captain Commando (Captain Commando; briefly Capcom's mascot) *

Charlie (Street Fighter)

Dan (Street Fighter)

Dhalsim (Street Fighter)

Guile (Street Fighter)

Hayato (Star Gladiator) *

Jill Valentine (Resident Evil; based off her Resi Evil 1 look)

Jin Saotome (Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness) *

Ken (Street Fighter)

M. Bison/Vega/Dictator (Street Fighter)

Mega Man (Mega Man Classic)

Roll (Mega Man Classic)

Ruby Heart (created for MvC2)

Sakura (Street Fighter)

Servbot (Mega Man Legends)

SonSon (created for MvC2, though supposedly the grand daughter of a character from an obscure character)

Strider Hiryu (Strider) *

Tron Bonne (Mega Man Legends; in MvC3)

Zangief (Street Fighter)

I've personally flagged with a star the ones I want the most, mainly because I liked their designs or "mained" them in MvC2.

And if I'm honest, I'd love to see a Street Fighter x Tekken licence come as a derivative of MvC3. The Street Fighter side is made up of a nice mixture of iconic and obscure characters (and if the rumours are anything to go by it could mean I'd finally get a minimate of my "main" Dudley :D), and it would be great to get minimates of Tekken characters, especially Kuma.

Thanks! no it's cool. I think the more people show interest in the MvC3 Minimates the better right? Especially if they support the line by buying them :)

From that list you've given this is a roster for MvC2 not 3? I was referring to the latest game, since i am assuming this is the license that DST are working from? They can't bring anyone in from previous games? or does the license cover previous releases too? :unsure:

I've split the list up into two series

Anakaris (Darkstalkers)

B.B. Hood (Darkstalkers)

Cammy (Street Fighter)

Charlie (Street Fighter)

Dan (Street Fighter)

Dhalsim (Street Fighter)

Guile (Street Fighter)

Ken (Street Fighter)

M. Bison(Street Fighter)

Sakura (Street Fighter)

Zangief (Street Fighter)

Knowing what we know already, Morrigan is already released in Series 1. Crimson-Viper who appeared recently in SF4 has a release in Series 2.

Ryu (Modern) and Chun-Li appears as releases in Series 3 as does Felicia. Akuma appears as part of the TRU releases! :-)

My only surprise here is that Crimson Viper gets a shout ahead of someone like Ken? I mean Ken on Street Fighter 4 had his moves amped up so much he was one of the main characters and not just a sparring partner for Ryu.

I'd gladly take 1 or 2 darkstalkers or other capcom videogame and marvels (even re-releases) as that can be expected to add some 'punch' to the line.. but i'd hope to see one of the non-released characters from the cancelled Series 2. I am not bothered which character it is, as long as it will be one of the following:

Blanka, Dan, Guile, Ken or Zangief.

The current splaying of characters serves well for the line, it adds longevity to the series and the extra marvels or unreleased other capcom characters add variety. I just hope fans see into this and support the line.

Rich

Edited by Urban Saboteur

The MvC3 license does NOT include MvC2. OR Ultimate MvC3. And I THINK we've made (or will make) all of the SF characters in the game: Chun Li, Ryu, Crimson Viper and Akuma.

That said, we are looking at other video games, and everyone's support for this line so far has been appreciated.

Ugh. Shame. There were some neat designs in UMvC3... and the earlier games.

My only gripe with the Wolverines we've been getting is: why isn't DST using the far superior claws from the Wolverine:Origins figures? I can't remember the last time Wolverine was depicted with the round crochet-needle claws in the comics...

X3 claws are better, as are 2009 XForce Wolvy's. WO are too long imo.

I agree, I think the X3 claws are the best, most solid version. Not sure why they aren't used more. Was that the only time they were used?

and there goes any hope for a mega man minimate. :sad:

crossing fingers and hoping for mortal kombat and street fighter vs tekken line.

There is one way we can get a mega man Minimate. Well,not the blue boy but the fat blue-yellow middle aged dude but it's still mega man,right? Well,we can get him if they aquire the sfxtekken. That way we can get tekken,street fighter and megaman and pacman and cole from infamous.The video game reveals that I'm hoping for are:

Sfxtekken-who wouldn't want having blanka and a guy in a tiger mask? Or a devil guy?

Mk-Come on,iced ninja vs fierry skeleton ninja vs kratos?oh and kratos!!!

Gow-badass overly sculpted dudes with insanely chainsaw weapons vs ugly grey monsters. Who wouldn't like that?

Soul calibur-this way we may get a spawn and the game's characters have some very awesome designs!

Ninja gaiden-so many monsters,so many weapons for ryu and so many cool characters and designs.

Oh,one more thing. What's up with the halo scorpion tank, are any other halo mates planned,do you still have the halo contract?

Edited by Kostisfire

The MvC3 license does NOT include MvC2. OR Ultimate MvC3. And I THINK we've made (or will make) all of the SF characters in the game: Chun Li, Ryu, Crimson Viper and Akuma.

That said, we are looking at other video games, and everyone's support for this line so far has been appreciated.

Hey,

Thanks as always for the update, totally not related to this in particular, but you know those leaflets DST put in the boxes of minimate 2packs? The feedback leaflets?

Is that the only way to provide consumer feedback to DST? I'm in the UK and i guess i could fill one of them out, or even all of them out, and mail them overseas but i was wondering if there was an online customer feedback form I could fill out? or a consumer email i could contact?

I'd like to offer my name and details forward to DST and obviously if i could do it online instead of mailing the leaflet internationally it would be quicker and easier on my part.

FWIW, I didn't think the new license DST had acquired covered previous characters or previous releases of the MvC series. I'm pretty sure with the releases recently from DST and the fact again you've hinted at showing interest in other videogame licenses the future looks very great if you're a minimate fan.

as always, thanks for your time.

Rich

Every time you speak I get a headache. :confused:

You know, you can get tablets for headaches.

#Ijs :pinch:

There is one way we can get a mega man Minimate. Well,not the blue boy but the fat blue-yellow middle aged dude but it's still mega man,right? Well,we can get him if they aquire the sfxtekken. That way we can get tekken,street fighter and megaman and pacman and cole from infamous.The video game reveals that I'm hoping for are:

Sfxtekken-who wouldn't want having blanka and a guy in a tiger mask? Or a devil guy?

Gow-badass overly sculpted dudes with insanely chainsaw weapons vs ugly grey monsters. Who wouldn't like that?

Soul calibur-this way we may get a spawn and the game's characters have some very awesome designs!

Ninja gaiden-so many monsters,so many weapons for ryu and so many cool characters and designs.

If a game has special guest characters exclusive to one system (Kratos, Spawn), they are likely NOT covered under the game's license.

If a game has special guest characters exclusive to one system (Kratos, Spawn), they are likely NOT covered under the game's license.

bummer. dry.gif

Kratos is rubbish.

Kratos is an absolutely HORRIBLE character. Incredibly bland and really bizarrely monotone. Sure it's a loud and like... booming and angry monotone. But it's still a monotone as he NEVER changes the inflection of hos voice. Mediocre writing with a cliched motivation...

But those games are just oh so satisfying... Something about carving up Helios, ripping off his head, and using it as a flashlight... Something about... really everything you do in that game... is just so satisfying.

Anyway for MVC3 yaknow I was stoked for these minis but when I see them in person something stopped me from getting them... Of course this something happened to be the fact that we're not gonna get enough characters from each Capcom line for me to grab the ones that are out AND the fact that on the pegs next to them were Balder and Beta Ray Bill... But that combination just was enough. Oh well. :/ C'est la vie.

Well, IMO, Kratos just looks cool.

And with action figures, that should be what matters. That it looks good. There are no voices or character story coming from them. Make your own better voice & background.

I'd rather have a good-looking action figure of a cool-looking character than a crappy figure of a crappy character who is well-written in their source material...

458345.gif