UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

I drove about an hour south to visit relatives yesterday and stopped in to the local TRU in the Orem/Provo area of Utah and found a pretty sweet cash of minimates. They had the SDCC exclusive box set of MvC3 which really made my day. I grabbed that and a Nemesis/Morph two pack that I missed out on earlier this year (SLC locations where stripped clean).

Of course the holiday chaos was in full swing.. but we got in and out in about 20 minutes (picked up some squinkies (sp?) for my boy and his cousins). Anyway, I love getting surprised like that.

Definitely a good stash!!

I had no idea the SDCC set was also being sold in stores, thought it was just an Online offer.

I'll have to go check my local and see what they are offering up!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove about an hour south to visit relatives yesterday and stopped in to the local TRU in the Orem/Provo area of Utah and found a pretty sweet cash of minimates. They had the SDCC exclusive box set of MvC3 which really made my day. I grabbed that and a Nemesis/Morph two pack that I missed out on earlier this year (SLC locations where stripped clean).

Of course the holiday chaos was in full swing.. but we got in and out in about 20 minutes (picked up some squinkies (sp?) for my boy and his cousins). Anyway, I love getting surprised like that.

Definitely a good stash!!

I had no idea the SDCC set was also being sold in stores, thought it was just an Online offer.

I'll have to go check my local and see what they are offering up!

This was the only TRU out of 5 in my area that has them. Quite a surprise. Good luck!

You said it! :) I made a Quick Custom Umar using Raven as a base, but my Flames of the Falltine won't really be pleased 'til the Dreaded One gets released!

Dude, you know that sounds vaugly dirty, right? >heebiejeebies<

The only thing that bothers me about that is that Medusa's supposed to have really long hair, at the very least Starfire length. Personally I'd swap that out for the X3 Jean hair, can't imagine DST coming out with a new prehensile hair sculpt (though I'd really appreciate it if they do, something along the lines of Stretch Attack Mr Fantastic's display base perhaps)

Yeah - i'd really expect MEdusa to come with something similar to Nova's hair. Super long and possibly long enough to hold her off the ground.

AAAADO2C65EAAAAAAEYEkg.jpg?v=1240610751000

All the shots we've seen of Jean have been with the hair she had on the Jim Lee figure. I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if she actually DID come out with the FF Medusa hair now.

My "custom" Medusa is X3 Jean without the skirt. :thumbsup:

Your custom Medusa sounds like Wolverine’s idea of a good time.

Also on topic: for a rare change of pace BBTS isn’t 8 weeks behind in getting a wave, I got an e-mail confirming my pre-order was in stock. (too bad I had my loot shipped at the beginning of the month to avoid the Holiday rush and because I totally thought “BBTS won’t get them in until January anyway”)

Has anyone in BBTS' area seen them in the wild yet? Any pix? I'm curious to see what extra accessories Trish/Dormammu come with.

Nobody should have seen them in the wild. They ship next week. Trish should come with her big sword and guns, and Dormammu with fireballs and a flight base, I believe. We posted some packaging pics a while back, but I neglected to bust them out of the package and shoot them. My bad.

Has anyone in BBTS' area seen them in the wild yet? Any pix? I'm curious to see what extra accessories Trish/Dormammu come with.

Nobody should have seen them in the wild. They ship next week. Trish should come with her big sword and guns, and Dormammu with fireballs and a flight base, I believe. We posted some packaging pics a while back, but I neglected to bust them out of the package and shoot them. My bad.

You guys made Dormammu. There's nothin' "bad" about that! :)

Nobody should have seen them in the wild. They ship next week....

This is going to sound like I’m saying “nah-uh!” but I truly mean it as a “Have I gone crazy?!? What is going on?!?” question, just prefacing since the interwebs don’t convey emotion:

If these aren’t shipping until next week why is BBTS saying these are in stock and have already sent out “your pre-order is now in stock” e-mails?

Are they lying since people have been complaining about them getting their shipments weeks late so they sent out ‘early’ confirmations since everyone shipped their holiday loot buying them sometime and looking like heroes who got their stuff on time for once... or did they get a case early or something somehow.

I guess long of the short of it is “WHAAAAAT?!?!"

The shipping dates aren't always accurate. This has happened before. Sometimes mates hit before Previews lists them. It can be frustrating if your not ready(stupid bank overdraft fees :verymad: ) :biggrin: BBTS probably has them and they're going to ship. They created the UPS labelfor mine.

baggy, just smile, nod, and click "ship my loot" before anyone realizes their mistake. :whistling:

The shipping dates aren't always accurate. This has happened before. Sometimes mates hit before Previews lists them. It can be frustrating if your not ready(stupid bank overdraft fees :verymad: ) :biggrin: BBTS probably has them and they're going to ship. They created the UPS labelfor mine.

Yes, shipping dates are sometimes late -- since I've been here, I have not seen them go earlier than what we have indicated on the blog, but I've only been here since May, so I'll defer to you guys on that.

But I can't even imagine how you would have gotten Minimates before they were listed in Previews, unless they were offered somewhere else first.

If these aren’t shipping until next week why is BBTS saying these are in stock and have already sent out “your pre-order is now in stock” e-mails?

Diamond's retailer site says "shipped 12/28." I knew many retailers get their items on Tuesdays, but I had no idea they got them this early. I guess they sent shipments out early for the holidays.

Yes, shipping dates are sometimes late -- since I've been here, I have not seen them go earlier than what we have indicated on the blog, but I've only been here since May, so I'll defer to you guys on that.

But I can't even imagine how you would have gotten Minimates before they were listed in Previews, unless they were offered somewhere else first.

Diamond's retailer site says "shipped 12/28." I knew many retailers get their items on Tuesdays, but I had no idea they got them this early. I guess they sent shipments out early for the holidays.

I met Zach at a Wizard World Texas in 2003 (or maybe 2004). He is a man of his word! You better believe his delivery dates.

But he sucks at video trivia. I beat him at classic rock video trivia in the bar. Good times! I think he has a restraining order against me now. Come back to me Zach! :lol:

4622467311_baff30b20c_z.jpg

I met Zach at a Wizard World Texas in 2003 (or maybe 2004). He is a man of his word! You better believe his delivery dates.

But he sucks at video trivia. I beat him at classic rock video trivia in the bar. Good times! I think he has a restraining order against me now. Come back to me Zach! :lol:

YOU.

No, please question my delivery dates. If Minimates show up early, everybody wins. For the most part.

YOU.

No, please question my delivery dates. If Minimates show up early, everybody wins. For the most part.

In true nerd form, I gave Zach a hobo Jem doll as a gift. The pic was printed in Toyfare issue 85 page 8.

PS.. I'm sorry for the necklace it was a phase.

Kisses,

jason

4623071980_babd300122_z.jpg