UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will confess a second motive for wanting MODOK... I always thought he was a cool B-villian. But then I started watch the SHS cartoon with my sons. And with that silly depiction of MODOK as the smart stupid henchmen, partnered with the even dumber Abombination was comedy gold. The first season with those two working for Doom... great stuff. The Thanos stuff, not so much. Thus, I really want a MODOK now.

DST comment on their facebook page "We may have more Mega Man characters coming in future waves..."

looks like MvC could go beyond wave 3 and into other games from the series as well. Mega Man, Tron & Roll are the only playable Mega Man characters in the series, however there have been lots of cameos. I would if that is enough to be allowed under the license agreement?

Buy every MvC pack you can find. I must have a Mega Man minimate!!

DST comment on their facebook page "We may have more Mega Man characters coming in future waves..."

looks like MvC could go beyond wave 3 and into other games from the series as well. Mega Man, Tron & Roll are the only playable Mega Man characters in the series, however there have been lots of cameos. I would if that is enough to be allowed under the license agreement?

Buy every MvC pack you can find. I must have a Mega Man minimate!!

I’m not gonna get my hopes up, remember, last time it was SF1 Ryu, this time it’s most likely Tron Bonne who they already said was coming. In fact they have enough left overs from regular MvC3 to make one wave:

Capcom: Tron, Lei-Lei (I forgot her American Name, Hsein-Ko?), Dark Knight Sparda (alt Dante), RE1 Chris

Marvel: Shuma Gorath, Classic Thor, Iron Patriot, Steve Rogers

throw in 4 logical Player 2 color variants (Punisher Cap, Iron Spider, Grey Hulk, Silver Iron Man) and/or super move related alt forms (Dark Phoenix, Broken Glasses Wesker, Super Armor or Underpants Arthur, does Dante go Demon form?) and you can build a TRU/LCS set of 6 to round out the cast without dipping into any new material.

However if this means MegaMan X it means they can do the newer costumes/characters which allows for awesome s**t like a new Dr.Strange, Red Armerer, Stryder, Virgil, (insert your favorite new thing here) which is HUGE news

If it means an actual factual Mega Man (the younger less detailed one we all know and love) and Roll (and hopefully Kobun) it means MvC2 which is HUGER news since there’sa lot of great Capcom and Marvel characters in MvC2 who would nicely complement the MvC3 mates, Marvel as a whole (or just be much needed updates in general like Colossus)

• 2 weeks later...

It's honesty time...

How are these selling at your TRUs? Of the four I've been to recently, I'd have to go 'minimally, or not at all'.

4 TRUs, 12 sets per store, 48 sets. A few weeks since they were put out and (no exaggeration) I betcha I could go out and get you 45 of them if you wanted me to right now.

Contrast that with the Cap/Thor comic wave that just hit, where even the common sets seem to be selling.

It's honesty time...

How are these selling at your TRUs? Of the four I've been to recently, I'd have to go 'minimally, or not at all'.

I've been to three local TRUs. They were fully stocked (4-6 sets of each 2-pack) for a week or two. Two are completely sold out now. One still has a few left. They're selling well here.

Madison, WI TRU has a few packs left (8 tops), but definitely not a full set. I think we got in two cases; one initially and one restock.

I have yet to see the Cap/Thor wave (a full case worth of Spider-men from the last two waves is still present, so it may be a while) and when I ask about the Galactus set, nothing pending, nothing in the DC and the closest store that does have them is Indiana or Southern Illinois.

We've gone through 2 boxes in Des Moines, IA, with a third still boxed, sitting on a shelf, waiting for someone to buy a half-dozen Wolverine / Omega Red packs to make room on the pegs for more.

I would have thought that pack would have been a good seller just on that Omega Red is a key Wolverine/Xmen foe and had not been done before.

I would have thought that pack would have been a good seller just on that Omega Red is a key Wolverine/Xmen foe and had not been done before.

That whole wave (Wave 10?) sold poorly here. The Wolverine and Spider-Man never sold, so there are dozens of them still on the pegs. And you can still find a few of the AOA exclusives hanging around as well.

I have never seen Wave 11 at my store.

Honestly...the MvC3 minimates sold pretty well here in my local TRU in Minnesota when they first popped on shelves, but since they got their second shipment in, none have moved. >_O

My TRU has quite a lot of leftover minimates from the past two Marvel Minimates waves, the second wave of Universal Monsters, Real Ghostbusters, HALO, and a ton of Playstation and those Pirates minimates clogging the shelves... It makes me worried that eventually they won't get anymore because there'll be no room.

My TRU had about 6 packs left before Thanksgiving. They are all gone as of Monday. In fact, GB, UM, and MAX, which they had a descent amount of for a while, are now almost completely gone as well. Like the rest of the Cary TRU, as of Monday, things were very, very picked over. Halo is still abundant, in both mate and Mega Blok form.

My TRU in south western Ohio (Dayton mall) still has a ton of MvC3. We also have a ton of Thor and Cap movie mates. There's still some X-Men first class and a couple Omega Reds, Mr Negative, and Nightcrawlers. A good amount of UM, Playstation and MAX. Not too many Halo or RGB. Overall though the amount makes me worry if there is enough room for wave12.

Oh and they also put two Watchmen block figure sets with the mates like it's all the same thing.

I drove about an hour south to visit relatives yesterday and stopped in to the local TRU in the Orem/Provo area of Utah and found a pretty sweet cash of minimates. They had the SDCC exclusive box set of MvC3 which really made my day. I grabbed that and a Nemesis/Morph two pack that I missed out on earlier this year (SLC locations where stripped clean).

Of course the holiday chaos was in full swing.. but we got in and out in about 20 minutes (picked up some squinkies (sp?) for my boy and his cousins). Anyway, I love getting surprised like that.