UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

What about those of us who want a bulked up red Hulk, and new stealth Iron Man but don't want the two Capcom mates they come with?

What are we suppossed to do? :unsure:

The same as the people who want White Phoenix . . . spend $20 on a minimate and be happy about it :P

(j/k)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about those of us who want a bulked up red Hulk, and new stealth Iron Man but don't want the two Capcom mates they come with?

Suck it up like a lot of us did? ;)

I sold off my extra cap com mates for $5 each, so I got what I paid for them, kept the Marvel ones and I am now a happy camper.

Yeah but sucking it up gets expensive.

Maybe we should set up a separate thread in the Flea Market for going in "halves" for these. Just a thought.

you may gladly send them to me ;)

i am really excited these guys just arrived in the mail! the look super cool i am not fan of capcom but they are still cool mates.

after I switched out the Red Hulk head i love it.
So the reds match?

Not Quite. Red Hulk is a bit darker than Hulk P2. I think it's a case of 'near enough is good enough' for people who wanted the bulked up red hulk with the original face.

It's close enough for me. It kinda looks like shading. With the old hair piece and face he is pretty sweet. I can post a pic if needed

Maybe we should set up a separate thread in the Flea Market for going in "halves" for these. Just a thought.

Minimates are worth the $$$$.

I'll tell you guys right now, anybody with either the White Phoenix or the gold Arthur from that boxed set that doesn't want them can feel free to PM me and I'm glad to either pay 1/4th cost of the boxed set or work out a swell trade.

sending you a PM

Minimates are worth the $$$$.

Yeah, yeah, I know, HJ. But I hate buying toys with the intention of selling them. "Once you start down the dark path..." and such like. I'd much rather try and set something up with a friend or board acquaintance so I won't feel so much like the scalpers I so despise. If I sold them for anything but cost, I'd feel terrible. Yes, I know, I'm being silly. Can't help it. (Hey, I can even provide documentation proving personal mental instabiity, how many of of you can say that?)

(Hey, I can even provide documentation proving personal mental instabiity, how many of of you can say that?)

Does my monthly bank statement count?

In your case... maybe. I've seen the haul thread, the 6" thread... yeah, that will do nicely

I found DST's SDCC Promo Pirates comical .

[sarcasm]Most 'loose' collectors open up their 4-pack set & toss the packaging in the bin ,whilst 'MIB' collectors carefully examine their 'mates through the cellophane window . Personally I don my neoprene gloves & facemask before touching any pack of Minimates,I'm sure many others here do as well. Anyway...........DST gave away a different sealed plastic pack of a readily available ,previously released ,'mate each day at SDCC & then on the final day offered up 250 numbered flat-packs to put them in ! I've often criticised DST's marketing but that was a stroke of genius & this may well be the way forward for the MvCC line :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

Edited by buttheadsmate

Personally I don my neoprene gloves & facemask before touching any pack of Minimates,I'm sure many others here do as well.

I don black leather S&M gloves and crank up techno music when I caress my collectibles. . .as I'm sure many others here do as well.

Can anyone that has the new MvC3 "Ronald McDeadpool" please comfirm, are the katanas a new sculpt, and if so, are they as flimsy as the old style katanas that shipped with prior Deadpools?

Yes they are new sculpts and yes they are much more durable than the previous katana toothpicks. They can still be bent, but not as easily as the old ones. Overall, it's a big improvement IMO.

Sorry, I know this is a bad pic, but I altered my Rulk a bit. I don't have an original and really didn't feel like spending $12 for one, so I took BSG's Ander's hair and red sharpie'd his ears. Then I took a fine point sharpie and made the white's of his eyes wayyyy smaller and filled in the middle with yellow. I'm over all happy with it, I know the hair looks funny at first, but it's better than the bowl cut imo.

IMAG0093.jpg

I got the gold Arthur, white Phoenix, etc. set in yesterday, and I found myself liking it a lot more than I thought I would. The wacky alternate colors really work for Minimates, and these are all very well done. No real paint slop to speak of, they don't feel or look cheap in any way. Just nice. The only one I don't care much for is Dante, but his light blue hair is kind of fun to stick on random Minimates.

Some part swaps that were inspired by this 4-pack:

Amazonian warrior Wonder Woman!

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

If not for the green eyes, this would be a terrific Wonder Woman face IMO:

DSC_0046.jpg

D-Man!

DSC_0047.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

IMAG0093.jpg

the eye fix here is really great, I have a Red Hulk and put his hair on Red Bulk, but couldn’t spare his face since it’s still on the Red Hulk body wearing Akuma’s hair (for some reason the way Ed McGuiness draws Red Hulk reminds me of Akuma so I needed the minimate to reflect such) blackening the eyes really makes the new face look like Rulk rather then just a Hulk who is Red.

So that’s all, I wanted to give that ingenious eye fix the love it deserves by quoting it.