UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

Talked with Chuck.

The new characters revealed to be in Ultimate MvC3 is not part of the licensing deal and thus are not set in stone to be made as minimates. Discussions ongoing between the parties... DST were informed earlier in the year about the new characters.

Chuck is pleased that the MvC minimates are going to be in stores around the time the video game launches.

3 series (TRU/Specialty) seem to be set in stone. 4th is a wait and see depending on sales. Specialty orders were not good... Hoping things will pick up when it is released.

As long as we get Chris, Battle-Suit Jill, and Wesker out of those 3 waves, that would be great.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

darn, I was hoping for Gambit & Juggernaut to return to the game. Cool news overall.. cool, but not stone cold awesome.

THAT'S what bugs me about the 6 Marvel Guys! You just helped me put my finger on it...

I was a little confused, because they all seemed like fairly big characters... characters I'd agree are fairly big parts of the Marvel Universe (with the exception of Rocket Raccoon) But I couldn't put my finger on why I didn't really care... that none of them really sold me.

NONE of them are returning characters...

I got my TRU SDCC Exclusive Marvel vs Capcom 3 sets in the mail today, here are some pix:

Morrigan

Morriganjpg.jpg

Iron Man (Stealth)

IronManjpg.jpg

Mega Man Zero

MegaManZerojpg.jpg

Hulk (Red)

Hulkjpg.jpg

The overall quality of these is very nice. No major tampo issues, and the colors are vibrant. I'm looking forward to more MVC3 releases.

Edited by youbastards

Thanks for the response and extra pics!

It doesn't look like it, but is there any kind of neat design underneath Mega Man's chest piece?

Also, it looks like he's got a peg for a shield on his X-Buster! If that had been mentioned before, I musta missed it.

*already thinking about a chest piece to swap for that Mega Man*

Edited by Mystery Man

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=10004&view=findpost&p=195101

I normally don't do pics unless I have something to add. So yeah, Iron Man includes a dinky gun...

Anyway, I was told of the MvC minimates, everything on the ground level of that shelf is a production sample (meaning what you see is what you'll get in stores). Those that are elevated are still prototypes.

Why does Haggar come with a brown teleportation base?

the Final Fight heroes have a ‘dash’ move (how it’s different the normal MvC dash I have no clue, but for Guy and Cody in SF it’s a unique thing), it’s an odd way of representing such..

‘humor' answer: Because being mayor and cracking skulls works up a powerful hunger in a man, one that can only be slated by Haggar’s famous Six Alarm Chilli, the extra alarm is for what happens hlf-an-hour later...

It doesn't look like it, but is there any kind of neat design underneath Mega Man's chest piece?

Also, it looks like he's got a peg for a shield on his X-Buster! If that had been mentioned before, I musta missed it.

Nope, no tampo under the chest piece.

Regarding the peg hole, not sure if it is intended for an accessory or not, but it is painted blue inside.

Red Hulk swapped heads looks super cool you have just sold me on this set!

The difference in red between the 2 Hulks is more noticable in person than in the pictures, but I still think it isn't too distracting.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=10004&view=findpost&p=195101

I normally don't do pics unless I have something to add. So yeah, Iron Man includes a dinky gun...

I can not view those pics for some reason.. Can you describe the gun? If it is the Proton Canon, I will be freaking out.